List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:

This one is probably nonsense but this is something we'll all have to get used to.

Clubs will offer players like McCluggage Million dollar deals and we won't be able to match them. Players like Dev Robertson and Ely Smith will get offers from clubs who can give them time in the best 22.

I think we've built the culture and team to keep most of them. Someone will chase $$$ though.

The story writes itself here. In all it's iterations the line "if he doesn't get an extension" appears in some form.

The club would be mad not to agree to something like that, and the decision would be easier if list sizes ended up getting trimmed down.

Apparently he just said on his Twitch Stream that he isn't going anywhere.

I need to see this Twitch channel.

Lol. Whatevs. He’s our franchise player. He’ll get paid.

Just roll your eyes as the media then go about your day.

I always agree with your takes. I just feel that these days its always smoke / fire when this happens. Doubt he will leave, but could see a drawn out negotiation and specukation. There is usually something there, even if minimal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one is probably nonsense but this is something we'll all have to get used to.

Clubs will offer players like McCluggage Million dollar deals and we won't be able to match them. Players like Dev Robertson and Ely Smith will get offers from clubs who can give them time in the best 22.

I think we've built the culture and team to keep most of them. Someone will chase $$$ though.

A little piece of me died when we lost Justin Sherman. I don't know if I can go through this again.

A little piece of me died when we lost Justin Sherman. I don't know if I can go through this again.
For some reason Richard Hadley leaving really pissed me off, disproportionately to his impact on the club.

I heard that Dwayne Russell said today that Hipwood is in high demand given his ability to play up forward and down back simultaneously.

I read that he said it sometimes looked like he was in two places at once and that type of player is in very high demand for clubs like North Melbourne with big war chests.

If he's linked to North then that would be a massive plus, would be a certainty of not going anywhere then given their record of getting good players to sign on.

They got some guy called Josh Walker who is currently their best player!

I heard that Dwayne Russell said today that Hipwood is in high demand given his ability to play up forward and down back simultaneously.
at least he has a job, unlike many Australians, at least he has that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back