List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
I'd happily take Schache back on the cheap.
With our current list of key forwards and a depth chart being something like McStay, Hipwood, Skinner, Ballenden, Fullarton, where would you place ol' mate Schache in that list?

With our current list of key forwards and a depth chart being something like McStay, Hipwood, Skinner, Ballenden, Fullarton, where would you place ol' mate Schache in that list?
I always thought the three lefty's could've worked prior to Schache's departure in unison with Hipwood and McStay.

Big couple of years for our list management team .

Charlie wants his 800 k I’d suggest - kangaroos will be offering him 1 million easily - but I don’t mind paying him for a bloke that can kick 50 goals in a season .

I’d say we need to also throw considerable coin at Mcluggae he is absolutely elite . Once again he would be expecting to get a substantial increase . I suppose with Zorko and Martin entering the twilight years should be some more coin available .

Rayner is on 500 k and whilst he hasnt lived anywhere up to that price tag he would expect an increase on his next salary . Interesting times for our list .

Rayner is on 500 k and whilst he hasnt lived anywhere up to that price tag he would expect an increase on his next salary . Interesting times for our list.
There is no way Rayner deserves to be on $500K off his very limited output. I wouldn't pay him half that until he lifts.

Conversely, on the other hand, four gamer, Matt Rowell would be deserving given he actually impacts games.

Somehow I think this is going to be the silliest of all silly seasons, given it is starting in June. By September Neale will be as good as signed by Collingwood, McCluggage will be house hunting around Geelong, both Berrys will be keen to get to Essendon on the cheap and North will be flinging money at everyone on our list.

I think a few clubs will be desperate to fix the state of their lists and the two Queensland clubs will seem to them to be filled with ripe low-hanging fruit ready for picking. Other than that it will come down to picking through the carcasses on Adelaide’s list to see if anyone has a heartbeat or snagging an Eagle or two that decide to jump now in case they slide down and stay down.

Unfortunately for the Vic clubs, Queensland clubs might be seen as a pretty good place to be over the next few years. We won’t retain everyone but we will keep most of our key players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way Rayner deserves to be on $500K off his very limited output. I wouldn't pay him half that until he lifts.

Conversely, on the other hand, four gamer, Matt Rowell would be deserving given he actually impacts games.
We get it. Can you move on now?

Don't think we need to trade for too many players, we have great young guys who are trying to get through. Unless a superstar wants to come, l would back the youth to come through. Dev, imo, could be a huge pickup. The issue is that Fagan really needs to get some of them in sometime, rewarding success is good but the fringe players are going to get frustrated if they just don't see any chance of getting in the team. Wouldn't be surprised if Eli Smith might leave, thought there was some rumour around him not wanting to come or players not happy with him?

Make Charlie one of those “ambassadors” that other frontier clubs have had. His marketing value is immense.

Charlie can be the new Hyundai representative.

Not going to lie, at first I thought it was just Vic journos trying to stick it up to Brisbane, but Colin Young has history of doing this for his players.
Think we are a very good chance of keeping him, but if the club feels like it can get maximum value, it will pull the trigger. I'd trust Noble & Fagan.

Pretty sure there was one of those general FA/trade talk articles not too long ago that had a quick look at each club and what they might be doing, and for us they just mentioned that we still have some room in our cap to do things.

I don't think we are hitting a cap squeeze at this point. Also it is extremely hard to have every $ spent each year going to exactly the players that deserve it. There are always going to be some players who aren't paid enough, and some that are paid too much. It is the nature of the beast, and also the fact that everyone doesn't do their contracts yearly.

Rayner definitely hasn't had a huge impact of games yet. We're all very optimistic that he will based on very promising moments. This is always the rub with a number one pick, for both player and club. I'm still glad he's on our team, but he'll always be measured as a number one pick (when for all other players, even high picks, their draft position largely becomes irrelevant).

I'm curious Dylan, who would you have rathered from that draft. Other than Stephenson and maybe Noughton, the top ten hasn't really produced high impact players yet. Tim Kelly did come from that draft but in pretty different circumstances.

Rayner definitely hasn't had a huge impact of games yet. We're all very optimistic that he will based on very promising moments. This is always the rub with a number one pick, for both player and club. I'm still glad he's on our team, but he'll always be measured as a number one pick (when for all other players, even high picks, their draft position largely becomes irrelevant).

I'm curious Dylan, who would you have rathered from that draft. Other than Stephenson and maybe Noughton, the top ten hasn't really produced high impact players yet. Tim Kelly did come from that draft but in pretty different circumstances.
Naughton
<daylight>
Richards
Fritsch
Brander
<gap>
the rest

I believe the discussion should be, who people rated at the time.

I was all in on Luke Davies-Uniacke at our first pick, Oscar Allen with our second pick, and James Worpel with our third pick.
Agree, I was obviously using the benefit of hindsight. From memory I was either LDU or Brayshaw with first

Should have traded the pick, would've had a ridiculous offers if we had. James Worpel was the other player I always liked, but that was more from his bottom age year. I am not saying I was advocating for him at all as I'm not a draft watcher at all, but in hindsight I wish we had an inside bull such as him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back