List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Current no. of players on the list
Senior list - 34 (2-4 free*)
Rookie (Cat A) - 4 (0-2 free*)
Rookie (Cat B) - 2 (0 free)
Maximum list size of 44. Up to 36-38 senior list, 4-6 category A rookie list and 2 category B rookie list.
* Total of four list spots available, with a minimum of 2 senior list spots needing to be utilised.

List changes
IN: Daniher, Cockatoo, Uosis (R)
OUT: Christensen, Wooller, Allison (R), Skinner (R), Eagles (R), C. Lyons (R), Martin, Witherden, Cox, Hinge.
PROMOTED: Fullarton.
ROOKIED: Birchall, Mathieson, Ballendan.

Current picks
25, 53, 58, 69, 70
(2021 - 1st (MEL), 1st, 3rd (WCE), 3rd, 4th (MEL), 4th (COLL), 5th)

Useful links
2020 trade news compendium
List changes, contract status and key dates
2020 draft discussion thread

Last edited:
Would like us to start accumulating young promising midfielders like Caldwell, ohallaran, perryman. Outside of Bailey, clugga and berry we don't really have good talent coming through. Smith, Joyce, Mathieson, etc havnt shown much and don't look like pushing for best 22 any time soon.

Ely Smith and Dev Robertson are rated behind closed doors friend. We certainly could use with more midfield talent in the ranks, but I don't think we'll struggle to bring in some names this year. Also worth noting we see Ah Chee as someone who could move into the midfield, and Starcevich will end up a mid unless he becomes a full time defender similar to how Adcocks career ended up.

I wonder with Williams, Corr and most likely Hately as well moving on if that will free up enough salary cap and senior opportunities for Caldwell and XOH to want to hang around

On this day 2 years ago Lincoln McCarthy officially requested a trade to Brisbane. What a great pick up he has been.

Mark and goal against Geelong last year might be the best moment of 25 odd years of going to the Gabba - it's definitely top 5.
Linc has been fantastic - tough as nails, a reliable kick for goal and offers a bit of the "x" factor. Given his injury interrupted years at the Cats he had been wonderfully resilient for us, although, not surprisingly, he did fatigue at the end of last year...no such issues in 2020.

Huge fan of the Cockatoo lead but we do have a fair few players of similar type especially now with Coleman coming on and establishing a spot in the 22.

It would be interesting to see where they believe Coleman could extend his presence in other positions. Could he develop his running to fill a role on the wing, half back etc If they have the talent and come at the right price i'd bring them in.

I don't think they're comparable
Likewise I'm not sure Coleman is there yet . He's a promising player who needs more experience and gym work.

Cockatoo is a powerful unit. Just a matter of whether he can get himself on the park .His injuries aren't anything that should significantly curtail his career but they have to date.

Would like us to start accumulating young promising midfielders like Caldwell, ohallaran, perryman. Outside of Bailey, clugga and berry we don't really have good talent coming through. Smith, Joyce, Mathieson, etc havnt shown much and don't look like pushing for best 22 any time soon.
Caldwell will be requesting a trade to the Saints.

Shame that Zac Williams is only considering Vic teams. I hope he doesn't go to Carlton and becomes another mercenary and joins North on massive coin, offering very little. For some reason, teams like St Kilda and Carlton are now in demand, with Melbourne not far behind and Collingwood and Richmond always in the mix.

Shame we are only being linked to broken down players or guys that can't get into the 22 at clubs well below ours on the ladder. Should help us.

Shame that Zac Williams is only considering Vic teams. I hope he doesn't go to Carlton and becomes another mercenary and joins North on massive coin, offering very little. For some reason, teams like St Kilda and Carlton are now in demand, with Melbourne not far behind and Collingwood and Richmond always in the mix.

Shame we are only being linked to broken down players or guys that can't get into the 22 at clubs well below ours on the ladder. Should help us.

We don't need to be linked to any big names publically in order to be linked to big names ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you are rating Caldwell and O'Halloran with a different scale than the Lions boys. Even Perryman, who is two year older than the others, has done definite hairs on him. He is pretty slow, his defensive run is not fantastic and his kicking is not as good as advertised.

It is worth remembering that Berry Snr and McCluggage are from the draft as Perryman. I take those two guys every day of the week. Berry if anything is one who should be getting more time in the midfield and I am not really in favour of bringing in lesser talents to take away from that.

On our first years, we got to see Robertson this year and he did not look bad playing in a role which was not that suited to him. If we were struggling I think we would have seen much more of him. Coleman I think we will see playing some time on the wing as he develops. His kicking is of a high standard than the GWS guys you mentioned. Prior has also been promoted as someone who might end up on a wing but we have yet to see him so it is hard to judge.

Berry Jr came in and did a specific role and I thought he looked good doing it (as good as Caldwell and O'Halloran anyway who had more scope in their roles). Bailey was from the draft after Perryman and has looked very good this year. He will only just started to see midfield time this year. Rayner is also the year after Perryman and is starting to look better and will demand more midfield time as he gets older.

Of the guys you specifically mentioned, personally I have not been impressed with Smith but we will see. Mathieson is not going to be anything more than a depth player. Joyce is one though who did look good at times last year and I am not writing off yet. One other guy who was getting a few murmurs before he was injured was McFayden. If he can get his engine up he has a chance.

Overall I would be happy enough to get another top end talent in the midfield but I am not reaching for blokes who have shown little if any more ability than those already struggling for games or time in the middle. That is especially the case when we have two first round picks this year and a couple of academy kids who I think are worth a look.

Too me this is an occasion when the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence.

SEN says he turned down a mega offer from Norf and want's to go to........ Carlton.

kangaroo-made-off-with.jpg

:rolleyes:

I don't understand why every GWS player seems to want to go to Carlton. Granted, they're not as much of a basket case as North or Essendon and they seem better coached than Melbourne, but if I were moving to a Vic club, I'd want to contend for a premiership, or failing that, work under a top coach like Clarkson.

I don't understand why every GWS player seems to want to go to Carlton. Granted, they're not as much of a basket case as North or Essendon and they seem better coached than Melbourne, but if I were moving to a Vic club, I'd want to contend for a premiership, or failing that, work under a top coach like Clarkson.

Those brown paper bags keep filling up and appearing in your locker at Carlton.

Carlton is the GWS reserves, just ask SOS!

Likewise. As I said earlier, Carlton and St Kilda are the two teams in Victoria players want to go to.

One can only think that is because these same players think they are the two closest to a premiership, probably thinking Richmond and Geelong's window is about to close.

Likewise. As I said earlier, Carlton and St Kilda are the two teams in Victoria players want to go to.

One can only think that is because these same players think they are the two closest to a premiership, probably thinking Richmond and Geelong's window is about to close.
St Kilda I can understand, but I'd have the Bulldogs well ahead of Carlton, considering their midfield and KPPs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back