2020 US Presidential Nominees

Who's gonna be the Veep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When it becomes clear that one of them is either leading the primary race or are the only viable challenger to the candidate who is leading. It won't be Gabbard.
But that may be too late as their votes will be split amongst each other before that happens. Surely if one has a chance of winning it has to happen pretty early in vote counting to avoid split votes. They need to unify.

Do you know what the common feature of genocide is?

Its not religion, political ideology, race or wealth.

Its the pesuasive use of dehumanising words like coackroach and rat to refer to a group of people.

Do not call anyone a rat. Call them a liar, lazy, back stabber, dumb, pyschopath. But never call them a rat, pig, cockroach or monkey. Its crossing a line.
When I was a young'un there were a couple of words that were completely banned in our home. Mum wouldn't allow rat or skunk. That was the good old days, when swearing in my peer group was unheard of.

Do you know what the common feature of genocide is?

Its not religion, political ideology, race or wealth.

Its the pesuasive use of dehumanising words like coackroach and rat to refer to a group of people.

Do not call anyone a rat. Call them a liar, lazy, back stabber, dumb, pyschopath. But never call them a rat, pig, cockroach or monkey. Its crossing a line.

Indeed. Dehumanisation is a significant feature of a corrupted political discourse.

I can still recall how many people enjoyed comparing GWB with an ape, though.

So at what point do warren, sanders and gabbard have to unite under a single candidate if one of them is actually going to win?
Maybe once an actual primary has been conducted ?
For all the talk of polls and debates, the delegate count is 0 for everyone at the moment.

I'd expect these kinds of moves after super tuesday.

Maybe once an actual primary has been conducted ?
For all the talk of polls and debates, the delegate count is 0 for everyone at the moment.

I'd expect these kinds of moves after super tuesday.
But doesnt that put the movement at a disadvantage. If warren is the choice after super tuesday then the votes sanders won before are completely lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were an American, and registered to vote in the Democratic primaries, Buttigieg would probably be my top choice at this point. Throw a blanket over Yang, Sanders, and Warren in second place—I think all have some good ideas and the ability to convey them effectively. Would be happy with any combination of those four as presidential/vice-presidential nominee. I don’t see the appeal of Biden. I don’t understand the level of invective that those who support some candidates use toward others. It seems childish.

If I were an American, and registered to vote in the Democratic primaries, Buttigieg would probably be my top choice at this point. Throw a blanket over Yang, Sanders, and Warren in second place—I think all have some good ideas and the ability to convey them effectively. Would be happy with any combination of those four as presidential/vice-presidential nominee. I don’t see the appeal of Biden. I don’t understand the level of invective that those who support some candidates use toward others. It seems childish.
How are Petes policies different to Bidens?

How are Petes policies different to Bidens?
IMHO, Biden's policies are irrelevant. He's polling well because he was Obama's VP, and he's a familiar, comfortable face.

But his age is a huge negative, along with Sanders'. I just can't see the appeal of voting for any one so old. Eight years is a long time, even more so in such a high pressure job.

Back