NFL 2021 — NFL Pre-Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Jets, 9ers, and possibly the Lions, Panthers and Broncos are going to look like morons for 10 years if they take another QB when Fields is available.

Not so bold prediction - the Eagles will pick someone trash, that they could've gotten by trading back 15 picks, and who will never amount to anything.

If by some miracle Pitts is still there at 8 I'd want us to go back up and get him.

I had considered the same (re defensive players). 10 is very bold and I commend you
I've been thinking 10-12 depending on how the back third of the draft have their boards. But I feel a run on OL in the middle forcing a few to jump and trade up or make a possible reach for one of thr OL guys with a late first early 2nd grade. There is always a few shockers and that might be like a rb late round 1 likely via trade or a 2nd TE or someone move on the 2nd crop of WRs. This is the same as the draft in 2019 that was stacked.on D. Just on O this time. Part will depend on how teams feel on some of the opt-outs that mocks have graded hard.

I would be shocked to see 15 defenders picked friday.

There will be a few trades and some gems picked up in the 8-15 range because of the run at QBs.

Bengals are one I'm confused for. Do they smart thing and go OL. Or go a weapon for Burrows and let him get bashed again this season.

Do the chargers feel pressure and trade up for OL to start a run there. Or do they hold and hope their OL hope falls to them or get Herbert a WR?

Depending in what the Bengals do the Lions might control the draft since they could trade if the bengals take their guy

I've been thinking 10-12 depending on how the back third of the draft have their boards. But I feel a run on OL in the middle forcing a few to jump and trade up or make a possible reach for one of thr OL guys with a late first early 2nd grade. There is always a few shockers and that might be like a rb late round 1 likely via trade or a 2nd TE or someone move on the 2nd crop of WRs. This is the same as the draft in 2019 that was stacked.on D. Just on O this time. Part will depend on how teams feel on some of the opt-outs that mocks have graded hard.

I would be shocked to see 15 defenders picked friday.

There will be a few trades and some gems picked up in the 8-15 range because of the run at QBs.
13 was where I ended up

Bengals are one I'm confused for. Do they smart thing and go OL. Or go a weapon for Burrows and let him get bashed again this season.

Do the chargers feel pressure and trade up for OL to start a run there. Or do they hold and hope their OL hope falls to them or get Herbert a WR?

Depending in what the Bengals do the Lions might control the draft since they could trade if the bengals take their guy
They would be idiots not to be trying to trade to broncos.

pick 9 it’s likely that one of pitts, Sewell or Slater is available.

If you wait til draft day and no one wants to offer the farm for pick 4 to take a QB, I could see someone trying to get a cheap draft-day trade to take Pitts; I also think he's the likely pick if the Falcons stay there. In which case I think it's a really easy pick. Yeah, there'd be some romance around pairing Burrow with Chase, but there's no way they're taking Chase before Sewell.

NBC Sports' Peter King said Mac Jones is the "accurate coach-on-the-field" quarterback 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan "craves."
King said Shanahan and Niners general manager John Lynch don't take public opinion or sentiment into account when evaluating draft picks, which will be helpful if they pick Jones and trigger a cascade of media criticism for passing on dual-threat QBs Justin Fields and Trey Lance. An NFL coach told King that Jones -- who completed 77.4 percent of his passes and tossed 41 touchdowns last year at Alabama -- "has elite NFL traits. He’s a natural thrower, is technically very sound, very accurate and throws a catchable ball. His base and mechanics are excellent.” It would be an upset if the Niners don't select Jones with the third pick in this week's NFL Draft.
RELATED:
SOURCE: FMIA
Apr 26, 2021, 8:43 AM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Patriots could trade up in the NFL Draft in pursuit of Ohio State's Justin Fields.
The Patriots, picking at No. 15, "have been calling around in the top ten," Pelissero said, adding New England would likely have to part with a second-round draft pick to puncture the top-ten. Fields, who could inexplicably fall down the draft board, is believed to be the team's target. Probably Fields would compete with Cam Newton for the Patriots' Week 1 starting job, though there's little chance the pro-ready Fields would spend his entire rookie season on the bench in favor of a fading veteran signal caller. Fields' rushing prowess would make him an every-week fantasy starter in what should be a massively run-heavy New England offense.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Apr 26, 2021, 8:50 AM ET

NBC Sports' Peter King said the Bills could draft Clemson's Travis Etienne with the 30th pick in the NFL Draft.
King said Etienne would be a "great puzzle piece in an offense that craves speed in the backfield." King argued that Buffalo's offense "in top-off mode," seeking a productive running back to fit the team's wildly productive offense. The Bills, just a year removed from taking Zack Moss in the second round, would have to expend quite a bit of draft capital on a position that has been very much deemphasized in their Josh Allen-led offense. Entienne profiles as a big-play back after recording 22 plays of 40 yards or more at Clemson and scoring 78 touchdowns over four years. Fantasy wise, Entienne landing in Buffalo would be short of ideal, and would make Moss and Devin Singletary undraftable in most formats.
RELATED:
Apr 26, 2021, 9:23 AM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They would be idiots not to be trying to trade to broncos.

pick 9 it’s likely that one of pitts, Sewell or Slater is available.
Doubt Pitts or Sewell fall to 9 unless teams trade up to take QB's.

Miami would surely take one of them if the Falcons have Fields fall into their lap. otherwise they will take Pitts. there are a few teams in the top 10 i could see being open to trades for QB needy teams. I also think Dallas might go offense if the WR's fall. but part of that is because i just dont like Amari Cooper and feel like Dallas were dumb to extend him. and should try to find a sucker to trade for him in 12 months when the Dead cap hit isnt too brutal.

Could also see Dallas trade back because the top pickings of a CB wont fix their issues on D. i see them trading back and still getting a top 3 corner and getting extra picks to fill holes elsewhere. let someone trade up for OL or WR at 10 and take the picks. could be a nice spot for the Chargers to move without costing much.

Doubt Pitts or Sewell fall to 9 unless teams trade up to take QB's.

Miami would surely take one of them if the Falcons have Fields fall into their lap. otherwise they will take Pitts. there are a few teams in the top 10 i could see being open to trades for QB needy teams. I also think Dallas might go offense if the WR's fall. but part of that is because i just dont like Amari Cooper and feel like Dallas were dumb to extend him. and should try to find a sucker to trade for him in 12 months when the Dead cap hit isnt too brutal.

Could also see Dallas trade back because the top pickings of a CB wont fix their issues on D. i see them trading back and still getting a top 3 corner and getting extra picks to fill holes elsewhere. let someone trade up for OL or WR at 10 and take the picks. could be a nice spot for the Chargers to move without costing much.
Im not sold on Sewell being as loved by GMs as he is on twitter

Regardless, Slater fills a massive need on the inside. Why not cash in if you’re them? At worst you’re take AVT or Waddle...

NBC Sports' Peter King said the Bills could draft Clemson's Travis Etienne with the 30th pick in the NFL Draft.
King said Etienne would be a "great puzzle piece in an offense that craves speed in the backfield." King argued that Buffalo's offense "in top-off mode," seeking a productive running back to fit the team's wildly productive offense. The Bills, just a year removed from taking Zack Moss in the second round, would have to expend quite a bit of draft capital on a position that has been very much deemphasized in their Josh Allen-led offense. Entienne profiles as a big-play back after recording 22 plays of 40 yards or more at Clemson and scoring 78 touchdowns over four years. Fantasy wise, Entienne landing in Buffalo would be short of ideal, and would make Moss and Devin Singletary undraftable in most formats.
RELATED:
Apr 26, 2021, 9:23 AM ET
Im not a fan on spending first round on RB's. and this year is no diffrent. actually this year i could see teams picking late getting decent offers from teams picking early day 2 for them and can get T.E. or Harris early day 2 with a trade. Ive really liked T.E but he has a lot of yds on his legs and most players that hurts them in the NFL.

Im not sold on Sewell being as loved by GMs as he is on twitter

Regardless, Slater fills a massive need on the inside. Why not cash in if you’re them? At worst you’re take AVT or Waddle...
He is a strange one. because he seems to be the few opt outs that hasnt been punished in draft grades even with some of the others that could of been 1st round picks 12 months ago. which some might be teams talking players down to drop to them in the 2nd round. but there is just a stigmata on most opt outs that have 1st round tape or even top of the 2nd that are talked about for 3rd round and even day 3 picks.

everyone has just accepted him as the consensus first OL gone and never really gave a good enough debate to put others in the top 5 overall pick chat with all the QB's expected to go early.

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said he "feels good about five guys" with the No. 3 overall pick.
"We could have sat there at 12, and waited which one came to us, if one did," Shanahan responded when asked about the team's decision to trade up to No. 3, "but we made a decision that we felt we needed to get a starting quarterback. We wanted to dicatate it. We'll get the one that we feel is best for us." He also said the organization made the trade "with one quarterback in mind" but "all the other candidates have gotten better" after a month of evaluation. One thing is clear: Jimmy Garoppolo and the $26.4 million cap hit he's due this year will be out the door before training camp begins. Whether it's Mac Jones or Trey Lance who inevitably takes his spot will be determined Thursday.
RELATED:
Apr 26, 2021, 3:05 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports NFL Draft prospects medical information is "still trickling in" and could have an impact on where some players are taken.
"There’ll be last-minute decisions based off medical info still trickling in," Schefter said, setting the table for potentially major shifts in how certain prospects are valued during this week's draft. Without a traditional NFL combine, teams have struggled for months to get an accurate picture of players' health. NFL team officials are reportedly "not pleased" with the quality of information they received from medical exams conducted in Indianapolis. Watch for earthshaking injury news to leak in the next 48 hours.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Apr 26, 2021, 12:22 PM ET

Im not a fan on spending first round on RB's. and this year is no diffrent. actually this year i could see teams picking late getting decent offers from teams picking early day 2 for them and can get T.E. or Harris early day 2 with a trade. Ive really liked T.E but he has a lot of yds on his legs and most players that hurts them in the NFL.
Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert dismissed the notion that first round running backs are a risky value proposition.
“If you have a dynamic player at any position, that player could make a difference — and running back is no different," Colbert said during a pre-draft press conference. The Steelers, with the 24th pick in the NFL Draft, have been strongly linked for weeks to Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. It would hardly be a shock to see the team invest heavily in its backfield after being one of the NFL's worst rushing offenses in 2020. NFL teams have slowly come around on not using first rounders on a largely replaceable position like running back, but it looks like Colbert and the Steelers are ready to take the plunge in a desperate search for a workhorse runner.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Gerry Dulac on Twitter
Apr 26, 2021, 11:08 AM ET

ESPN's Todd McShay reports "many in the 49ers' personnel department" want to take North Dakota State QB Trey Lance with the third pick in this week's NFL Draft.
Head coach Kyle Shanahan, meanwhile, is reportedly dead set on using the third pick on Mac Jones, who NBC Sports' Peter King described as a "coach on the field" QB Shanahan wants. Apparently the Niners' personnel people aren't on board with taking Jones, preferring the explosive dual-threat Lance, who threw 28 touchdowns and rushed for 14 scores in 2019 -- his final college season. Probably it won't matter what the 49ers personnel department thinks if Shanahan and GM John Lynch want Jones.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Apr 26, 2021, 10:23 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back