Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barring an unforeseen catastrophe, Horne is a lock for the number 1 pick for me. I will admit Ive seen a lot more of Horne than the Vic guys as he was playing football last year but he's just such a complete footballer who has everything you could want, including that ridiculous centre of gravity and ability to keep his feet that guys like Martin, Judd, Gary Ablett Jr all had/have (just FYI- Phillips was the only player in last year's draft that I felt had this elite trait). He looked very good last year playing SANFL seniors as an underager and started this year with another very impressive performance against men.

Sinn is very good and is that modern day winger who will really thrive with the new rules leading to open games - he reminds me of a quicker Josh Kelly. Van Rooyen is quite impressive and if he grows throughout this year and puts more runs on the board then he's a top 5 lock for me. I know there are a few other guys at the pointy end of the draft but I'll leave my thoughts on them for another time if people are keen to discuss other guys who might go top 5.

But honestly, it's straight forward - if we end up with pick 1, just pick Horne. He's the only guy in this draft that could be described legitimately as a generational talent with all he can do.

This thread's main focus should almost be trying to identify who the guys at our second pick might be as I think the number 1 pick is a foregone conclusion (provided, of course, that we actually end up with it)

Barring an unforeseen catastrophe, Horne is a lock for the number 1 pick for me. I will admit Ive seen a lot more of Horne than the Vic guys as he was playing football last year but he's just such a complete footballer who has everything you could want, including that ridiculous centre of gravity and ability to keep his feet that guys like Martin, Judd, Gary Ablett Jr all had/have (just FYI- Phillips was the only player in last year's draft that I felt had this elite trait). He looked very good last year playing SANFL seniors as an underager and started this year with another very impressive performance against men.

Sinn is very good and is that modern day winger who will really thrive with the new rules leading to open games - he reminds me of a quicker Josh Kelly. Van Rooyen is quite impressive and if he grows throughout this year and puts more runs on the board then he's a top 5 lock for me. I know there are a few other guys at the pointy end of the draft but I'll leave my thoughts on them for another time if people are keen to discuss other guys who might go top 5.

But honestly, it's straight forward - if we end up with pick 1, just pick Horne. He's the only guy in this draft that could be described legitimately as a generational talent with all he can do.

This thread's main focus should almost be trying to identify who the guys at our second pick might be as I think the number 1 pick is a foregone conclusion (provided, of course, that we actually end up with it)

All good.
Never know what can happen at the trade table though. We may end up with more than one pick at the ‘pointy end’ so it’s nice to keep an eye on a bunch of them.

Do we really need another midfielder as our first pick though? If there is someone there abouts that's key position surly we go for them

Look forward to more analysis Souup.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

thanks, are ever; great insights for those who don't get to watch match under age footy; well done

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 seperate non-related sources.

I assume they mean verbally agreed as you can’t actually sign until post-season.

Froggy's been a good club man, so I don't jump for joy when anyone in that category wants to leave, but objectively, if we got pick 20 for him, take it and run - if we can turn that and our own second into something more, could be an even better draft than last year, which is already shaping pretty well

Do we really need another midfielder as our first pick though? If there is someone there abouts that's key position surly we go for them

Josh Bruce kicked 10 last week and he went for a pick in the 30’s I think.

And he kicked 10 because the dogs obliterated us with their run in the midfield and half back.

Pick 1 - best available mid please

Josh Bruce kicked 10 last week and he went for a pick in the 30’s I think.

And he kicked 10 because the dogs obliterated us with their run in the midfield and half back.

Pick 1 - best available mid please

Bruce was a GWS zone pick (I think?) and he knocked us back (shock) when he chose the saints.

Bruce was a GWS zone pick (I think?) and he knocked us back (shock) when he chose the saints.

I mean he was traded to the dogs with a pick in the 30’s. My point being we will become a more attractive option to get a ready to go KPF once we sort out our midfield and it won’t cost much either.

We'd have cooked his shoulder with several botched surgeries and he'd have never known that in a parallel world he's reaching the heady heights of 10 goals in a game.

I once thought snagging 10 in a game put you amongst the elite. My whole footy belief system has now been shattered by one crab.

Based off what, Campbell’s 3 games in a winning side and Phillips 1 game losing by 130 points?
It would be interesting to see how each player would be tracking if they were playing for opposite teams. There is no doubt Campbell could turn out better but I can’t see how you can come to the conclusion that it is a “good chance.”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Off their highlights last year. By draft time my preferred order was campbell, Phillips, DGB, then whoever, maybe Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back