No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

Collingwood is every chance of finishing last and they traded out their first round draft pick. It's hard not to enjoy this

Haha, that's hilarious! And they drafted Reef McInnes and Caleb Poulter with the picks they got. Going to go down as a huge trade blunder, right?

Last edited:
Kane Cornes giving it to Hawks.

" Cornes even questioned the recruitment of 2018 Brownlow medallist Tom Mitchell, saying the timing of the move wasn’t right given the direction they were heading in. I’m not questioning Tom Mitchell’s form as a Hawthorn player, but what you gave up at that time was the wrong thing to do when you clearly needed to rebuild that list and get as much talent through the draft as you possibly could,” he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Check out 2016 also.
Also be careful for what we wish for in finals

Kane Cornes giving it to Hawks.

" Cornes even questioned the recruitment of 2018 Brownlow medallist Tom Mitchell, saying the timing of the move wasn’t right given the direction they were heading in. I’m not questioning Tom Mitchell’s form as a Hawthorn player, but what you gave up at that time was the wrong thing to do when you clearly needed to rebuild that list and get as much talent through the draft as you possibly could,” he said.
North are on the right track now after delisting a lot of quality players, but they firstly tried the same rebuild process as Hawthorn. Instead of going to the draft and loading up on high draft picks, they tried to recruit Heeney on $1m+ per year long term contract.

Bad news about Ben Cunnington. Rushed surgery to remove a tumour from one of his testicles. On AFL.com.au.
All the best to him.

Very interesting article in some respects. Shows how much a coach can stuff up a decision if he doesn't play his role.

BTW, did anyone hear about the last point? I'm trying to figure out which player/team it was.

Yikes... that Richardson bit. Not that I don't think Coffield could be as good as Naughton, but it sounds like the coach got waaaay too involved on that one.

As for that last part, it doesn't surprise me in the least. Listening to Jaidyn Stephenson speak about his departure from Collingwood, it sounds like clubs are getting worse at treating trade prospects as emotionless commodities. Very poor form and I'd hope we are above that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back