Discussion 2021 Help / General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So how many rookies are everyone looking to have on the field come Round 1?
Depending on how I have my team setup I'm changing anywhere between 4-7 on field so what is the target number if there is one!

I usually start with 5-6 rookies on-field. Early days but I'm expecting to field only 4-5 this year.

Depending on how I have my team setup I'm changing anywhere between 4-7 on field so what is the target number if there is one!
none! Here2tellyouwhy told me so
MPM at its best :moustache:

Dunno where else to post this but rocker_oz33 - I've been reading your name wrong for 13 years I just realised!
I've always read it as oz_rocker33. WTF!

Mind Fuck GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey, I just re-created my Supercoach Keeper Draft League for 2021, but I want to add 2 more teams to the league, is this possible?

Been searching everywhere for the option but can't find the option to adjust the number of teams.
I assume being a keeper league this option is disabled?

This query is a little premature 47 days out, but I'm wondering about it now so I may as well ask.

You know how you can do a trade, then do the reverse of that trade and you get your trade back? Pretty sure people have tested that and it works.

I am wondering if you can use that function to do a three way substitution in your squad, which I don't think you can do otherwise.

For example, right now I have Bianco in my defence and he is DEF/MID. I have Finlay Macrae in my mids and he is MID/FWD, and I have Chugg in my forwards and he is DEF/FWD. Let's say I wanted to switch it around so that Chugg was in defence, Bianco was in the mids and Macrae was in the forwards. Obviously I can do it right now because we have unlimited trades. But I can't do it with the S buttons.

Could I do it between Rounds 1 and 2 using the 'trade A > B then B > A and get your trade back' function?

I hope that makes sense

This query is a little premature 47 days out, but I'm wondering about it now so I may as well ask.

You know how you can do a trade, then do the reverse of that trade and you get your trade back? Pretty sure people have tested that and it works.

I am wondering if you can use that function to do a three way substitution in your squad, which I don't think you can do otherwise.

For example, right now I have Bianco in my defence and he is DEF/MID. I have Finlay Macrae in my mids and he is MID/FWD, and I have Chugg in my forwards and he is DEF/FWD. Let's say I wanted to switch it around so that Chugg was in defence, Bianco was in the mids and Macrae was in the forwards. Obviously I can do it right now because we have unlimited trades. But I can't do it with the S buttons.

Could I do it between Rounds 1 and 2 using the 'trade A > B then B > A and get your trade back' function?

I hope that makes sense

You should be able to reverse that trade even after all the maneuvering so long as the same spots on each line are still open. As in the all players that were in the original position(s) haven't played already.

I hope that makes sense
The answer to the last paragraph is ....only when you're trading in a FWD Rookie

It hasn't any relationship to the reverse trade, which BTW can only be done if you have a trade remaining .....1 from 2, or 1 from 3 trades

The answer to the last paragraph is ....only when you're trading in a FWD Rookie

It hasn't any relationship to the reverse trade, which BTW can only be done if you have a trade remaining .....1 from 2, or 1 from 3 trades

Yeah I think I've just figured out it could only be done in a bye round when you had three trades.

Thanks for replying gentlemen

Trade 1: Bianco out > Chugg to Def > Macrae to Fwds > Shitruck mid in.

Trade 2: Shitruck mid out > Bianco in.

Get my trade back, three kents are rearranged the way I want them?

I am gonna be too scared to try this for fear of being two trades down and one shitruck up

Last edited:
Trade 1: Bianco out > Chugg to Def > Macrae to Fwds > Shitruck mid in.

Trade 2: Shitruck mid out > Bianco in.

Get my trade back, three kents are rearranged the way I want them?

I am gonna be to scared to try this for fear of being two trades down and one shitruck up
DO IT!

KFC SuperCoach 2021: The new rules, scoring adjustments and the players who benefit from them
The return of a standard AFL season means KFC SuperCoach will be different in 2021. Here are the new rules, potential scoring adjustments and the players affected.

Shorter quarters meant less total acts during each game and more total pressure, which, because the same amount of total points were awarded (3300), lead to adjusted weighting and scaling and, in turn, a greater differential between the best and worst players on the ground.
A revised fixture, featuring less games and no byes, made opponent analysis harder and created a KFC SuperCoach trading strategy like we’ve never seen.
The game changed and, now, with the countdown to the start of the 2021 season underway, will it be different again?

THE SCORING
The calculation formula of KFC SuperCoach points – or Champion Data Ranking points - is a complex one but it’s fair to assume that more players had minimal impact, given there was less time to affect the match, at the bottom-end than usual, and that most of the scaling was done at the top-end.
The other main reason, apart from the reduced quarter-length, for a few of the bigger scores from the competition’s best players is that they were, simply, better at performing under pressure.
And, as a result of less total game-time, match pressure was slightly higher in 2020, compared to 2019, meaning players were under more pressure on average for longer periods.
The formula also takes into account game state, closeness of the game and match-weighting, making it difficult to accurately compare even two games from the same round.
But, from the data, it’s safe to conclude the better players produced more high-value acts, compared to the ones who struggled to have any real influence - and were less efficient - under more pressure.
As far as percentages go, they also had more time on the ground than in previous years, with Champion Data’s numbers showing some of the competition’s biggest names spent less time on the bench in 2021.

With the AFL’s interchange cap reduced from 90 to 75 this year, those percentages may not drop all the way back to 2019 levels.
But it’s still safe to assume, given the same amount of points were awarded, these high-value stats, such as contested possessions, intercepts and hitouts-to-advantage, received a greater weighting of the scores.
A statement backed up by the data which showed the adjusted average of disposals per game was almost identical to 2020.
Last season, there was, on average, 296 disposals recorded per game, the equivalent of 370 in a full time.
The competition average in 2019 was 371.
The conclusion?
We might not see as many huge KFC SuperCoach scores as we did last year – and that, potentially, a number of averages are slightly inflated.

THE NEW KICK-IN RULE
This year, the player standing the mark at kick-ins will be required to be 15 metres from the centre of the kick-off line – five metres further back than last year.
On top of the recent introduction of the ‘play-on’ rule, where the player kicking the ball back into play is free to run out of the square without disposing of it, we should see yet another increase in play-on percentage in 2021.
I’ll quote Champion Data’s Fantasy Freako on what this means for KFC SuperCoach: “Just pick Jake Lloyd”.
Over the past three home-and-away seasons, Sydney has taken 698 kick-ins – the most of any side in the competition. Collingwood has taken the fewest (497).
A kick from inside the square is not counted as a disposal.
Regardless, if it hits a target it is worth one point.
But if the player chooses to run out of the square and dispose of the ball, it’s counted like any other stat in general play and, if effective, will be worth more points.
KICK-INS

Kade Simpson (Carl): 17, 33, 100%
Jordan Ridley
(Ess): 17, 30, 96.7%
Jake Lloyd
(Syd): 17, 94, 95.7%
Steven May
(Melb): 17, 91, 90.1%
Trent McKenzie
(Port): 15, 29, 89.7%
Jack Bowes
(GC): 17, 30, 86.7%
Aidan Corr
(GWS): 15, 59, 86.4%
Jayden Short
(Rich): 17, 51, 86.3%
Bailey Williams
(WB: 17, 36, 86.1%
Brodie Smith
(Adel): 16, 36, 86.1%
Jack Lukosius
(GC): 17, 74, 85.1%
Tom Stewart
(Geel): 14, 47, 85.1%
Luke Brown
(Adel): 17, 50, 84%
Luke Ryan
(Freo): 17, 89, 83.1%
Caleb Daniel
(WB):17, 62, 82.3%

Last edited:
KFC SuperCoach 2021: The new rules, scoring adjustments and the players who benefit from them
The return of a standard AFL season means KFC SuperCoach will be different in 2021. Here are the new rules, potential scoring adjustments and the players affected.

Shorter quarters meant less total acts during each game and more total pressure, which, because the same amount of total points were awarded (3300), lead to adjusted weighting and scaling and, in turn, a greater differential between the best and worst players on the ground.
A revised fixture, featuring less games and no byes, made opponent analysis harder and created a KFC SuperCoach trading strategy like we’ve never seen.
The game changed and, now, with the countdown to the start of the 2021 season underway, will it be different again?

THE SCORING
The calculation formula of KFC SuperCoach points – or Champion Data Ranking points - is a complex one but it’s fair to assume that more players had minimal impact, given there was less time to affect the match, at the bottom-end than usual, and that most of the scaling was done at the top-end.
The other main reason, apart from the reduced quarter-length, for a few of the bigger scores from the competition’s best players is that they were, simply, better at performing under pressure.
And, as a result of less total game-time, match pressure was slightly higher in 2020, compared to 2019, meaning players were under more pressure on average for longer periods.
The formula also takes into account game state, closeness of the game and match-weighting, making it difficult to accurately compare even two games from the same round.
But, from the data, it’s safe to conclude the better players produced more high-value acts, compared to the ones who struggled to have any real influence - and were less efficient - under more pressure.
As far as percentages go, they also had more time on the ground than in previous years, with Champion Data’s numbers showing some of the competition’s biggest names spent less time on the bench in 2021.

With the AFL’s interchange cap reduced from 90 to 75 this year, those percentages may not drop all the way back to 2019 levels.
But it’s still safe to assume, given the same amount of points were awarded, these high-value stats, such as contested possessions, intercepts and hitouts-to-advantage, received a greater weighting of the scores.
A statement backed up by the data which showed the adjusted average of disposals per game was almost identical to 2020.
Last season, there was, on average, 296 disposals recorded per game, the equivalent of 370 in a full time.
The competition average in 2019 was 371.
The conclusion?
We might not see as many huge KFC SuperCoach scores as we did last year – and that, potentially, a number of averages are slightly inflated.

THE NEW KICK-IN RULE
This year, the player standing the mark at kick-ins will be required to be 15 metres from the centre of the kick-off line – five metres further back than last year.
On top of the recent introduction of the ‘play-on’ rule, where the player kicking the ball back into play is free to run out of the square without disposing of it, we should see yet another increase in play-on percentage in 2021.
I’ll quote Champion Data’s Fantasy Freako on what this means for KFC SuperCoach: “Just pick Jake Lloyd”.
Over the past three home-and-away seasons, Sydney has taken 698 kick-ins – the most of any side in the competition. Collingwood has taken the fewest (497).
A kick from inside the square is not counted as a disposal.
Regardless, if it hits a target it is worth one point.
But if the player chooses to run out of the square and dispose of the ball, it’s counted like any other stat in general play and, if effective, will be worth more points.
KICK-INS

Kade Simpson (Carl): 17, 33, 100%
Jordan Ridley
(Ess): 17, 30, 96.7%
Jake Lloyd
(Syd): 17, 94, 95.7%
Steven May
(Melb): 17, 91, 90.1%
Trent McKenzie
(Port): 15, 29, 89.7%
Jack Bowes
(GC): 17, 30, 86.7%
Aidan Corr
(GWS): 15, 59, 86.4%
Jayden Short
(Rich): 17, 51, 86.3%
Bailey Williams
(WB: 17, 36, 86.1%
Brodie Smith
(Adel): 16, 36, 86.1%
Jack Lukosius
(GC): 17, 74, 85.1%
Tom Stewart
(Geel): 14, 47, 85.1%
Luke Brown
(Adel): 17, 50, 84%
Luke Ryan
(Freo): 17, 89, 83.1%
Caleb Daniel
(WB):17, 62, 82.3%

Didn't realise they still got 1 point even if they didn't play on. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back