NFL 2021 NFL - Divisional Weekend

Divisional Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW, I'd probably defer to his opinion over any other media person's (let alone fan's) when it comes to the trenches

He'd have it a Donald, Jones, Allen, Heyward. IIRC Buckner and Clark were involved in the discussion as honorable mentions on the podcast he did with Robert Mays - I don't remember Simmons being mentioned.

None of this is to say that Simmons isn't a beast on his day, just that he hasn't been consistent enough this year to really push for the sort of All-Pro recognition that comes with being elite for the whole year in his eyes (even though Simmons did get All-Pro votes from some of the actual voters)

I also think teams scheme heavily against Simmons, reckon DT play is really a hard one to judge a lot of the time, some DT players like Simmons and Allen just pop off your screen when watching games tho, they make plays a lot of the others dont.

Chris Jones is someone I did probably overlook initially, he definitely deserves to be right up there with them

We know why Rasolnikov (fan), fuey (hard on for Joey B) and gg (its gg) are going for the Bengals, but why are d-mac3276 , AJ_2000 and drd23?

EDIT: Same question to anyone else who has gone for them too!

Genuinely curious...

I think the Titans is susceptible to a dangerous air attack, and the quick-strike capability of Burrow to Chase. I think Byard is their only genuinely good defender, and Mixon and the O-Line will be good enough to keep the Titans honest. Question is how well can the defense contain Henry, and can they keep them to a low enough score.

I think we have a high scoring game coming, 35-31 Bengals.

Larry Ogunjobi is a significant injury and loss to the Bengals D Line. Given who Tennessee are bringing back man that could create a mismatch.

Having said that a posotive thing for the Bengals is their strength (passing game/ wide receivers) can definitely exploit titans through the air

Unless weather is awful, im also seeing a shoot out.

Chris Jones is someone I did probably overlook initially, he definitely deserves to be right up there with them
Steelers had to triple team him at times yesterday.

It's easy to overlook the workhorses of football....the interior DL and the OL in general. We all get too focused on everyone else during a play, every play. And it's not a ready resource to find to learn more about -- line play. Not something media analysts spend much time on. You have to go actively look for content on youtube and articles to gain a better appreciation for.

We all overlook things and often other people here mention names we forgot about.

Saying Kenny Clark is better than Simmons or Allen is some real homer sh*t by fuey too

Simmons even with the slow finish to the year more than doubled Clark in both TFL and sacks, Clark with one more QB hit (13 to 12) I guess that does make him the better player.

I don't think Clark can be judged on his stats like that. If you watched the games/tape you would see the impact he has on plays.

I don't think Clark can be judged on his stats like that. If you watched the games/tape you would see the impact he has on plays.
just cause I dont think Clark is in the top 5 or 6 doesn't mean I think Clark sucks, fuey brought up stats to be used to argue down Simmons in the first place remember

Last edited:
Okay man. What would your say top 8 be in order? Interested.
Hard but id probably go

1. Donald
2. Simmons
3. Allen
4. Jones
5. Buckner
6. Heyward
7. Cox
8. Clark
9. Jarrett
10. Wilkins

(11. Quinenn Williams 12. Payne)

All of them are guns imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the home sides bar the Rams who’s D can cause havoc and an upset over the Bucs.
I hope the Bills and Bengals do well, I’d prefer them over all the rest to go all the way. Slim to no chance though

Lots of people forgetting how inconsistent this Bills team is.

Sure, they just put together the best game on offense since at least 1983 according to DVOA, but they are almost twice as more inconsistent than the average NFL team (through Week 12 they were the most inconsistent team according to DVOA). They could just as easily get blown out on Monday as they could lay a beatdown on the Chiefs

Yup more of this thanks

Went 6/6 myself, yeah I know that's not a surprise.

Titans
Packers
not sure...
Bills

I'll get back to you

Its a real shame you choke when cash is on the line in AE. Coz youre very good when it isn't. :p

We know why Rasolnikov (fan), fuey (hard on for Joey B) and gg (its gg) are going for the Bengals, but why are d-mac3276 , AJ_2000 and drd23?

EDIT: Same question to anyone else who has gone for them too!

Genuinely curious...

I think the Titans is susceptible to a dangerous air attack, and the quick-strike capability of Burrow to Chase. I think Byard is their only genuinely good defender, and Mixon and the O-Line will be good enough to keep the Titans honest. Question is how well can the defense contain Henry, and can they keep them to a low enough score.

I think we have a high scoring game coming, 35-31 Bengals.

The Titans are a really lucky one seed, probably one of the worst in memory - they're not rubbish, but heaps of the metrics reflect they're pretty middle of the pack.

Bengals are loaded on offense, and didn't play lights out against the Raiders, so I don't think they've "played their Grand Final".

The rest or rust factor might mean a slow start, and in 6 games in the playoffs so far they've been 0 lead changes after half time.

Just a few factors that add up to a gut feel pick.

The Titans are a really lucky one seed, probably one of the worst in memory - they're not rubbish, but heaps of the metrics reflect they're pretty middle of the pack.

Bengals are loaded on offense, and didn't play lights out against the Raiders, so I don't think they've "played their Grand Final".

The rest or rust factor might mean a slow start, and in 6 games in the playoffs so far they've been 0 lead changes after half time.

Just a few factors that add up to a gut feel pick.

titans also had to use an astonishing NFL record 95 players this year with plenty of injuries to key players (hardly surprising some metrics dont rate them) , remarkable performance to get the #1 seed considering this. I dont think people give this enough respect. Mike Vrabel should be coach of the year and its not even close really.

Last edited:
I can’t believe the line on the chiefs and the bills isn’t closer.

Mahomes carved the Steelers up but they started the game with 6 drives and no score that’s not going to work against the Bills who probably actually got currently the best qb in the league on his day as opposed to Big Ben who was playing like he had a broken right arm.

Chiefs are well coached side but I think they’ve been off a lot of the year - Bills a lock for me.

Titans - bengals are still two years away I think - even though Joe is a freak - Titans are a great side when healthy and they’re healthy now

49ers - packers the great pretenders I feel like this is the weak it comes crumbling - Jimmy G takes them to the NFCCG

Bucs - heart says BUCs - brains say Rams. This is the sort of defense Brady struggles against Ramsay will take away Evans, Gronk doubled and they’ll rush 4. With a hobbled Wirfs that’s a huge worry. Bucs D playing well they’ll need to keep the Rams under 17 because I can’t see Brady scoring more than 21

titans also had to use an astonishing NFL record 95 players this year with plenty of injuries to key players (hardly surprising some metrics dont rate them) , remarkable performance to get the #1 seed considering this. I dont think people give this enough respect. Mike Vrabel should be coach of the year and its not even close really.

You’re mean about Brady which makes it hard for me to agree with you on but this is spot on.

Titans went on a run mid year beating Kc, Colts, Bills, Rams and Saints and they lost Henry for two of those games as well.

Bills Titans AFCCG a lock

Titans been a bit off since mid to late Nov. Yes they’ve had players missing.

If Henry plays I’m not sure how effective he’d be. With that type of injury he had to be off his feet for 6 weeks…that’s a big impact on fitness base for a big guy like him. Plus it was the bone was on the outside of the foot. Interesting to see how he performs cuts/change of direction.

Back