NFL 2021 NFL - Divisional Weekend

Divisional Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

CZswzuIW0AA4Q3T.jpg

Not pointing at anyone....but I don't like gatekeeping in general.

It happen here at times, I would like to see it go away, so we can grow the board a bit more. We'll never have 5,000 members, but if it's like 200 daily regulars, that'd be nice. Gotta be very hospitable and patient with newcomers. I copped a lot of s**t when I first found this board. I know many others did too when they first posted here. I guess there's a certain period of initiation, people getting used to each other, trying to fit in with a small clique it can be kinda scary.

It's not just here, it happens everywhere tho.....crime board, conspiracy board, SRP board, Star Wars threads. Not just Bigfooty....any kind of message board there's always gatekeeping.......I'm a bigger fan than you. I have a source. If you don't like the owner/hc/qb/jersey/whatever then youre not a real fan, go find another team. Or someone has more knowledge in Xs and Os or college football and act like lords.

It happens in the AFL board here. And in the League Unlimited site for NRL heads. It happens in Tennis, Motor Racing, Golf, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, MMA, even tech nerd boards, Star Wars boards, etc, all around the world.

It's very hard to find a board where most people are chill and friendly, but also very funny, like to have fun cracking jokes, or when they have big debates things stay respectful. I found the Detroit Lions board, the Miami Dolphins board, and the Washington reddit board some of the better ones in terms of American Football.

I don't exactly know why it happens. It's not because it's a niche thing NFL in Australia, in an AFL board. Used to think maybe that's why. But it happens in so many types of boards all over the world...so it's not that.

Btw....Von Miller has 6 sacks in 5 games. After a slow start in LA, he's warming into the role.

Rams D can get a bit egotistical and think they're the harlem globetrotters of defensive football, so can implode at times when an offense gets the better of them, and they can totally capitulate....we've seen that already.

Packers are prone to just blowing playoff games in weird or boneheaded ways. Whichever team can hold it's s**t together is the thing.

Seen Bills and Chiefs also implode when things aren't going their way, b/c they again think they're unstoppable.

Teams like Titans, Bengals, 49ers seem like more team-orientated, head-down, work ethic type teams, who don't let egos collide.

I know we are sh*t mate! 😘

This is about the Packers being the most under achieved lately not us! 🤣

No doubt we have under achieved. We have been terribly unlucky all the same... realistically we should've won 4-straight in the 90s, and the defense has been the bane of our existence for the past two decades. Everything in bold I reckon we were the best team that year, or would've beaten the eventual champ. We've had some amazing teams over the journey.

1995- Beaten by a team coked up so much they made Maradonna blush, would've smashed Pittsburgh and Neil O'Donnell in the SB
1996- WON
1997- Beaten by a team roided up AND over the salary cap.
1998- Cheated in the WC rd, would've only had to beat known chokers Atlanta and Minnesota to face the cheating Broncos again.

2002- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)
2003- 4th and 26 (defense)
2004- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)

2007- Couldn't stop the run of Jacobs/Bradshaw (defense)
2009- 500yd and 6TD allowed, scored 45pts (defense)

2010- WON
2012- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)
2013- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)*
2014- Bostic/giving up 2 TDs in the last 5min (defense)
2015- Hail mary then OT (defense)
2016- Down 31-0 at HT, 500yd allowed (defense)
2019- Allowed almost 300yds on the ground (defense)
2020- Outcoached and defense sucked (defense)

This year won't make up for all of it, obviously, but back to back next year will go a fair way...

Btw....Von Miller has 6 sacks in 5 games. After a slow start in LA, he's warming into the role.

Rams D can get a bit egotistical and think they're the harlem globetrotters of defensive football, so can implode at times when an offense gets the better of them, and they can totally capitulate....we've seen that already.

Packers are prone to just blowing playoff games in weird or boneheaded ways. Whichever team can hold it's sh*t together is the thing.

Seen Bills and Chiefs also implode when things aren't going their way, b/c they again think they're unstoppable.

Teams like Titans, Bengals, 49ers seem like more team-orientated, head-down, work ethic type teams, who don't let egos collide.

Sorry GG can you please ask a few more questions about the not being set rule and then watch more all 22 before you start posting predictions - i really feel like you need to earn your way here and you have a little bit further to go

Packers are prone to just blowing playoff games in weird or boneheaded ways. Whichever team can hold it's sh*t together is the thing.

The Titans mirror Vrabel's personality, a bit of cockiness and a heap of toughness, think thats why I love them, if I was a player he'd be who id want to be coached by the most.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt we have under achieved. We have been terribly unlucky all the same... realistically we should've won 4-straight in the 90s, and the defense has been the bane of our existence for the past two decades. Everything in bold I reckon we were the best team that year, or would've beaten the eventual champ. We've had some amazing teams over the journey.

1995- Beaten by a team coked up so much they made Maradonna blush, would've smashed Pittsburgh and Neil O'Donnell in the SB
1996- WON
1997- Beaten by a team roided up AND over the salary cap.
1998- Cheated in the WC rd, would've only had to beat known chokers Atlanta and Minnesota to face the cheating Broncos again.

2002- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)
2003- 4th and 26 (defense)
2004- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)

2007- Couldn't stop the run of Jacobs/Bradshaw (defense)
2009- 500yd and 6TD allowed, scored 45pts (defense)

2010- WON
2012- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)
2013- Lost to a flash in the pan running QB (defense)*
2014- Bostic/giving up 2 TDs in the last 5min (defense)
2015- Hail mary then OT (defense)
2016- Down 31-0 at HT, 500yd allowed (defense)
2019- Allowed almost 300yds on the ground (defense)
2020- Outcoached and defense sucked (defense)

This year won't make up for all of it, obviously, but back to back next year will go a fair way...
Have you seen this? Its a couple of years old but still highlights how good/lucky the Packers have been - good/lucky to have had 2 long term QBs

It's 2005 and The Green Bay Packers are on the clock in this year's NFL Draft. The last thing most Packers fans think the team needs in the draft is a new quarterback. Their team already has Hall of Famer, Brett Favre, who is in the middle of his record-breaking Iron Man streak for consecutive games started. But when Aaron Rodgers slips in the draft, the new Packers GM makes a risky call, and sets up a bitter rivalry between two quarterbacks with very different styles.

Aaron Rodgers starts his career as the backup QB in Green Bay as Brett Favre ponders retirement. When Favre leads the Packers to their best season in years, the legendary quarterback decides he may not be ready to turn the team over to Rodgers after all.

In the same vein they have Brady/Manning and Rice v Sanders (very good )

Last edited:
Not pointing at anyone....but I don't like gatekeeping in general.

It happen here at times, I would like to see it go away, so we can grow the board a bit more. We'll never have 5,000 members, but if it's like 200 daily regulars, that'd be nice. Gotta be very hospitable and patient with newcomers. I copped a lot of sh*t when I first found this board. I know many others did too when they first posted here. I guess there's a certain period of initiation, people getting used to each other, trying to fit in with a small clique it can be kinda scary.

It's not just here, it happens everywhere tho.....crime board, conspiracy board, SRP board, Star Wars threads. Not just Bigfooty....any kind of message board there's always gatekeeping.......I'm a bigger fan than you. I have a source. If you don't like the owner/hc/qb/jersey/whatever then youre not a real fan, go find another team. Or someone has more knowledge in Xs and Os or college football and act like lords.

It happens in the AFL board here. And in the League Unlimited site for NRL heads. It happens in Tennis, Motor Racing, Golf, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, MMA, even tech nerd boards, Star Wars boards, etc, all around the world.

It's very hard to find a board where most people are chill and friendly, but also very funny, like to have fun cracking jokes, or when they have big debates things stay respectful. I found the Detroit Lions board, the Miami Dolphins board, and the Washington reddit board some of the better ones in terms of American Football.

I don't exactly know why it happens. It's not because it's a niche thing NFL in Australia, in an AFL board. Used to think maybe that's why. But it happens in so many types of boards all over the world...so it's not that.

It is definitely off-putting it is probably why I don't post on a regular basis because after the first couple of years when I posted pretty regularly every time I came back and posted there was always some person who gave me s**t about being a bandwagoner. Like no s**t my Dad is Sri Lankan so I wasn't born in Boston & I was 12 when Brady won his first super bowl so in that sense I am a bandwagoner even though I found out about him during a loss IDGAF - but like every time i post feeling like have to find a thread from 2013/2014/2015 to show that I am a long time lurker - to prove my worth is very much off-putting

Anyway I will never get the attitude I love when people love what I love, I wish I had more friends who loved the game it is quite literally all I want to talk about sometimes - case in point just last week the 49ers/Rams game into the Chargers/Vegas game - I couldn't care less who a person barracks for or why it is the greatest sport in the world. But because none of my close mates love it I spend some of my spare time watching JG9's content on youtube (he is the best - no idea how he has so much archive footage) or just watch old games on game pass

I feel like it is much more prevalent on Sport Forums than any other forums it is just weird

It is definitely off-putting it is probably why I don't post on a regular basis because after the first couple of years when I posted pretty regularly every time I came back and posted there was always some person who gave me sh*t about being a bandwagoner. Like no sh*t my Dad is Sri Lankan so I wasn't born in Boston & I was 12 when Brady won his first super bowl so in that sense I am a bandwagoner even though I found out about him during a loss IDGAF - but like every time i post feeling like have to find a thread from 2013/2014/2015 to show that I am a long time lurker - to prove my worth is very much off-putting

Anyway I will never get the attitude I love when people love what I love, I wish I had more friends who loved the game it is quite literally all I want to talk about sometimes - case in point just last week the 49ers/Rams game into the Chargers/Vegas game - I couldn't care less who a person barracks for or why it is the greatest sport in the world. But because none of my close mates love it I spend some of my spare time watching JG9's content on youtube (he is the best - no idea how he has so much archive footage) or just watch old games on game pass

I feel like it is much more prevalent on Sport Forums than any other forums it is just weird
I feel ya. I have very few friends anyway, and none that are into anything Im into, like football. I love football so much, think about it all the time, if i wanna chat about it, has to be with people here on this board and usually reddit (but you dont really chat or have discussions on reddit). Here is cool tho, everyone is pretty likeable really.

yeah LA only hated him when the Brady vs Manning debate was remotely relevant not a true hater IMO
I think people would just like to see other winners than Brady all the time. He has got detractors too due to his whining about getting touched, or how he can be a bad loser not shaking hands.

Theres that thing again....when a player or team feel theyre unstoppable due to being so good/successful they can become bad losers ....jalen ramsey, aaron donald, cowboys players, etc. Not just Tom, not just Belichick, Al Davis, Paul Brown, etc.

I think people would just like to see other winners than Brady all the time. He has got detractors too due to his whining about getting touched, or how he can be a bad loser not shaking hands.

Theres that thing again....when a player or team feel theyre unstoppable due to being so good/successful they can become bad losers ....jalen ramsey, aaron donald, cowboys players, etc. Not just Tom, not just Belichick, Al Davis, Paul Brown, etc.

I get it; I enjoy it for the most part.

I know I try and give him more credit then he sometimes deserves and then people with opposing views will say it is all circumstance.

I feel like there has a lot of hating greatness in general though. I wonder if people just wanted to see other winners when Jordan dominated Basketball in the 90's or Tiger in the 00's.

Like i said i want him to retire but I think the sport will be poorer for it even though there is excellent talent like Hurbert, Burrow, Allen, Mahomes etc to fill the void.

Brady being a terrible loser is probably what most of my hate recently is fuelled on, for a bloke who wins as often as he has you'd think he'd have some more grace, but hes got so many other unlikeable qualities, will happily take in disgusting people like AB to get him wins, the whole TB12 thing with a shady bastard like Guerroro, has hissy fits throwing team mates under the bus in games constantly, I think hes completely fake. No doubt hes a great media performer but all that means jackshit to me if thats not really you. I think hes a classic covert narcissist.

The hardcore Brady fans only annoy me cause they seem to only credit him for the rings, always fail to mention how much hes been carried to titles a lot throughout his career

I know I try and give him more credit then he sometimes deserves and then people with opposing views will say it is all circumstance.

I feel like there has a lot of hating greatness in general though. I wonder if people just wanted to see other winners when Jordan dominated Basketball in the 90's or Tiger in the 00's.

Like i said i want him to retire but I think the sport will be poorer for it even though there is excellent talent like Hurbert, Burrow, Allen, Mahomes etc to fill the void.
Id like to see Brady and Manning get into the NFL HQ somehow, have big input into how to make the game better with rules or programs, more concerned with the purity of the sport than only the dollars like the owners are -- all of them just men of other industry collecting sporting teams like deer heads on their walls. The administration of the game needs more football people. Like when George Halas was alive....should read up about him, great man.....for a long time he played as well as coach as well as GM as well as run the ticket stands as well as etc....involved himself in every facet. From the hot dog vendor to the league administration side.

The differences with Jordan and Brady are that Jordan carried his team to all their titles and he was never fake, he wore his arrogance and owned it. What you saw was who he is. I can respect that

Back