NFL 2021 NFL - Divisional Weekend

Divisional Winners?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Basketball, a lone superstar can carry a team to championships....only 5 guys on court anyway, can have a bigger more central effect, the way the game works, the ball flows thru the five to get to the main guy.

In football there are so many moving parts, more than just the 11 on field, or the other 11 on the other side of the ball, and the way the game of football works, its all individual assignments off-ball and on-ball, so one guy cant really carry a team, hes a spoke in the whole wheel. Eg, as great as Rodgers is, he has only ever won one, still needs all the other facets and if the other facets are working but he isnt it also doesnt help.

Brady being a terrible loser is probably what most of my hate recently is fuelled on, for a bloke who wins as often as he has you'd think he'd have some more grace, but hes got so many other unlikeable qualities, will happily take in disgusting people like AB to get him wins, the whole TB12 thing with a shady bastard like Guerroro, has hissy fits throwing team mates under the bus in games constantly, I think hes completely fake. No doubt hes a great media performer but all that means jackshit to me if thats not really you. I think hes a classic covert narcissist.

The hardcore Brady fans only annoy me cause they seem to only credit him for the rings, always fail to mention how much hes been carried to titles a lot throughout his career

It is very interesting that we have such an opposing view. The reason I love him is because he does seem to be a great teammate yes he gets frustrated in game at times but he has never blamed a play on teammate publicly and always taken accountability for a sub-par performance. Outside of Chris Simms every teammate Brady has played with loves the bloke I have literally never heard anyone say anything bad about Brady outside of AB the day after his meltdown then he took it back a week later, you see so many ex-patriots talking poorly on Bill but how much they love Brady and how much he made the Patriot's culture workable

I do wish he would be more arrogant in his interviews instead of the aww shucks he usually comes out with that does annoy me - his Jim Gray stuff is decent - the Tyronne Matheiu jawing last superbowl was true Brady and people love it - because we all know he thinks he is the Greatest but he will never say it.

The AB thing was interesting - obviously he loved and was seduced by his talent but credit to him for controlling him for as long as he did and getting a super bowl out of it. The Guerroro thing is interesting - it wouldn't surprise you to know I have his TB12 method book and I think he just genuinely believes it as it works for him or at least he thinks it contributes to his longevity and he has just fully invested in it - I will never fully understand it but I think it works for him.

I think Brady is a huge part of the 7 SB he has won - but I will happily admit there have been games across the journey - big ones at that where he hasn't played great and others have stepped up or the other team have fkd up which they won - but then there are games where his greatness has won them the game

Its like the regulars in here dont want new posters,there is more hate towards certain opposition players and teams than love towards the posters own team.
For what its worth ive decided on the Giants as my team for better or worse.
Lets hope for some great games this weekend.

It is very interesting that we have such an opposing view. The reason I love him is because he does seem to be a great teammate yes he gets frustrated in game at times but he has never blamed a play on teammate publicly and always taken accountability for a sub-par performance. Outside of Chris Simms every teammate Brady has played with loves the bloke I have literally never heard anyone say anything bad about Brady outside of AB the day after his meltdown then he took it back a week later, you see so many ex-patriots talking poorly on Bill but how much they love Brady and how much he made the Patriot's culture workable

I do wish he would be more arrogant in his interviews instead of the aww shucks he usually comes out with that does annoy me - his Jim Gray stuff is decent - the Tyronne Matheiu jawing last superbowl was true Brady and people love it - because we all know he thinks he is the Greatest but he will never say it.

The AB thing was interesting - obviously he loved and was seduced by his talent but credit to him for controlling him for as long as he did and getting a super bowl out of it. The Guerroro thing is interesting - it wouldn't surprise you to know I have his TB12 method book and I think he just genuinely believes it as it works for him or at least he thinks it contributes to his longevity and he has just fully invested in it - I will never fully understand it but I think it works for him.

I think Brady is a huge part of the 7 SB he has won - but I will happily admit there have been games across the journey - big ones at that where he hasn't played great and others have stepped up or the other team have fkd up which they won - but then there are games where his greatness has won them the game

Im not for a second saying hes been carried to every one, but his performances in Championship games in particular is below average QB play, incredible that hes been able to make 10 superbowls playing the way he has in those.

Hes got great people skills as you see in the media, im not surprised that everyone thinks hes a great team mate, that doesn't mean hes not fake.

Lets be clear, if it wasn't for ABs talent Tom would have no interest in him whatsoever and wouldnt have been a friend.. the whole "wanting him to get well" speech after his meltdown was just for media show and to portray a certain image, AB was only there to bolster Tom's resume and ego.

Alex Guerro is human filth, im sorry, there is no convincing me otherwise, another scumbag Brady chose to associate himself with for personal gain

Anyway, agree to disagree, ive got nothing against you as previously mentioned, we just see Tom in a different light :)

Last edited:
Its like the regulars in here dont want new posters,there is more hate towards certain opposition players and teams than love towards the posters own team.
It can only go up from here for the Giants

Im not for a second saying hes been carried to every one, but his performances in Championship games in particular is below average QB play, incredible that hes been able to make 10 superbowls playing the way he has in those.

Hes got great people skills as you see in the media, im not surprised that everyone thinks hes a great team mate, that doesn't mean hes not fake.

Lets be clear, if it wasn't for ABs talent Tom would have no interest in him whatsoever and wouldnt have been a friend.. the whole "wanting him to get well" speech after his meltdown was just for media show and to portray a certain image, AB was only there to bolster Tom's resume and ego.

Alex Guerro is human filth, im sorry, there is no convincing me otherwise, another scumbag Brady chose to associate himself with for personal gain

Anyway, agree to disagree, ive got nothing against you as previously mentioned, we just see Tom in a different light :)

Trust me I don’t take it personally. It’s good chat - as opposed to the usual “doesn’t Brady kiss his kids on the mouth” I get from my mates

I was actually going to raise his interesting Championship Game performances - in my previous post. If they find a way to beat the Rams this week - I’ll give you a breakdown of his last 9 CCG performances from the 2011 season onwards - all the ones I watched in real time in the lead up to it.

Can feel your excitement already

Was a guy saying you can predict the results of each of the playoffs based on their last game vs the Bears.

Eg....
49ers wk 8 2021 beat Bears by 11
Cowboys wk 14 2019 beat Bears by 7
Thus, 49ers will beat Cowboys by 4
Actual result -- 49ers beat Cowboys by 6

And so on for each of the opening 6 games in WC Round, 6/6 correct.

Thus, extrapolating that thru to the Super Bowl, it would be a Bills vs Bucs game, with the Bucs winning by 3 pts

Another ring for Tom ugh....and another SB heartbreak for Buffalo :(

But just like the Raiders coin flip thing....there can be a pattern on a win streak, without reason or logic, and then all of a sudden it stops being valid.

The Titans mirror Vrabel's personality, a bit of cockiness and a heap of toughness, think thats why I love them, if I was a player he'd be who id want to be coached by the most.

I like to be coached by Rhule. Cos if i have a s**t game i can just say its coaches fault and everyone would believe even if it was due to still be hungover.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate Brady just don't like as a persons with his cult like TB12 workout/diet plan he forces on team mates. Plus i think his overated.

Always being a Peyton man too doesn't help me dislike brady.

Big Ben is right up there with him mind you, probably equal. Glad hes gone, piss off ya overrated fat campaigner.

3-8 in his final 11 playoff games, losses to Dave Garrard, Tim Tebow and Blake Bortles on his playoff resume with a stacked roster throughout his career, hardly any QB has achieved less with more. Terrible leader, terrible bloke.

Last edited:
I feel like you're aiming at this me as my profile literally says Tommy Brady Fan.

Not that I give one fu** about what you think but your post is so sh*t I couldn't sit on my hands- I have been posting on this thread since 2013 so pretty much since you have joined bigfooty - heavy in my first few years - I just don't post often because I usually spend most of my time on Patsfan forum and tend to post here more during the playoffs as this threads usually go off with some Brady hate or good discussion - whereas outside of the Game Day Threads a lot of activity on PatsFan happens when I am asleep which is find during the regular season but more annoying during the playoffs. Outside of playoffs I post occasionally over the last couple of years but the team specific pages are pretty sh*t here and the rest of the chat is about fantasy in the reg season- so I mainly just use it to beg GG to find me a torrent/illegal download or how to get Game Pass for cheap every year or DM LicoriceAllsorts and ask him if a game is worth watching hours later without knowing the score

FWIW I recognize a lot of the names around here I can't recognize yours I was here when GG was a mod and used to like and reply back to nearly every comment.

1. I love Tom Brady pretty much as much as I love my two kids - as explained on the forum many times previously - first game I ever watched was the SB42 (just finished school the previous November) - I only watched it because there was meant to be a Michael Jackson ad who I loved; felt sorry for him watching him that game then fell in love with him then haven't missed a game of his since

2. I still love the Patriots - but prefer Tommy over Pats

3. Can't wait for Tommy to retire so I can watch games without my heart hurting and actually get enjoyment instead of just feeling relived when he wins and sh*t when he loses

4. I watch pretty much every Game in 40 every week and watch the full games of Brady/Pats and the TNF/SNF game live unless it was a sh*t game and listen to about 5 NFL podcasts with ATN, The Ringer being the best. Don't profess to watch any All 22 tape but I do know more than enough about the game to know that Bills will kill the Chiefs this week

5. You literally sound like you have no friends "new posters ask questions etc, to show that they want to learn whats going on. Not just give their predictions for a game lol".... "But it is a little annoying to see such confidence from randoms sometimes. Eh."
Good to see you are a fan. I do have a hard time with the Brady thing mate, I can understand why you like him and all that crap but going for two teams doesn’t really seem legit to me. I’m sorry that I feel that way.

Which Ringer pods do you listen to? ATN sucks imo. I’ve posted here for a while on and off and I’m not trying to be some gatekeeper of the board, I used to have a different account but I lost access to it.

Your last point is a little worrying, I don’t think not liking new posters posting with arrogance means that I don’t have any friends, but okay.

As others know here I’ve admired Brady’s achievements on the field. The whole TB12 bs and the preachy nature of it was cringeworthy. A little bit Novak-ish for my liking, although not anti science or weird as Novak.

Then again admire for staying in best shape unlike Big Ben who really his team down with his conditioning. If you’re not 100% then he should’ve pissed off years ago. Dialled in his performances

Interesting choice for a team, but a team with some nice history. It’s probably a better idea than hopping on a team that is good now, but might not be in a few years and having to deal with that disappointment.

Tom Brady says he doesn’t get special treatment on roughing the passer calls​

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 19, 2022, 3:12 PM EST

The Eagles were flagged for a highly questionable roughing the passer call against Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady on Sunday, but Brady wants to make clear that the referees don’t go out of their way to protect them.

Brady said in his weekly interview with Jim Gray that the officials actually don’t protect him from getting hit any more than any other quarterback, noting that he only got one roughing the passer penalty during the regular season.

“I always hear that to different degrees about getting penalties, and so forth, roughing the passers,” Brady said. “I don’t remember the last time I got a roughing the passer. . . . I don’t feel like I get them as much as people might think that I get them.”

As noted by Cris Collinsworth, Brady actually has the fourth-lowest rate of roughing the passer calls among all qualifying quarterbacks since 2015. So whatever the reasons for Brady’s success, the officials excessively flagging defenders who hit him is not one of them.

Back