NFL 2021 NFL - Week 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Ravens release LeVeon Bell.

My reaction:

giphy.gif

Jonathan Taylor emerges as the new RB king.....

Jonathan Taylor emerges as potential 2021 rushing champion

Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2021, 6:59 PM EST

The foot injury suffered by Titans running back Derrick Henry has opened the door for the rest of the league’s tailbacks. The first one through is Colts running back Jonathan Taylor, who caught Henry on Sunday with 937 rushing yards.

Taylor has a 216-yard lead over Browns running back Nick Chubb, who has 721 for the season. Next comes Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott with 663 yards, Vikings running back Dalvin Cook with 648 yards, Steelers running back Najee Harris with 648 yards, and Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson with 639 yards.

Against the Jaguars on Sunday, Taylor became only the fourth player in NFL history to generate 100 or more yards from scrimmage and a touchdown in seven straight games, joining Hall of Fame Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson, who did it eight straight times in 2006, Colts running back Lydell Mitchell, who did it eight times between 1975 and 1976, and Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, who did it seven times in 2005.

A second-round pick in 2020, Taylor proves yet again that special running backs can be found in places other than the top of round one. The Colts have theirs. And if he keeps doing what he’s been doing, the Colts will have a chance to get to the playoffs — and to be a tough team to beat when they get there.

Titans are an unprecedented 7-0 through 10 games against last year’s playoff teams

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 16, 2021, 4:58 PM EST

The Titans are 8-2, tied for the best record in the NFL. But perhaps even more noteworthy than the number of wins they have is the identity of the teams they’ve beaten.

Specifically, Tennessee is 7-0 against teams that made the playoffs last season. According to ESPN, the Titans are the first team since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to win seven games against the previous season’s playoff teams through the first 10 weeks of the season.

The seven games against 2020 playoff teams the Titans have won are the Colts twice as well as the Seahawks, Bills, Chiefs, Rams and Saints.

The Titans also, of course, have a loss to the Jets, one of the worst teams in the NFL both this year and last year. Call that game the ultimate example of how any team can beat any team on any given Sunday.

Power rankings ahead of week 11

I cant wrap my head around the Saints being ranked over 10 spots higher than us. But I dont think its that big a deal, whole lot of even teams in the 10-25 ish range this year.

Maybe im being silly and very over reactionary, but I actually think the Pats should be higher, they are really hitting their stride. I wouldn't argue with someone who had them as high as 4 or 5.

It is nonsense to me. Much like analytics you simply find a formula to “back up” your intended result.

Bet the numbers look different for games that are 1 quarter, 2 quarters, 3.5 quarters, etc… “long”

Why you are what your record says you are—period

I don’t need made up stuff to understand Stefanski comes up small in big moments and big games. My eyeballs can see that.

;)

Virtually all stats apart from wins and losses are useless when you really think about it.

Ben Baldwin some analytics nerd this morning made up some algorithm just so he could tweet out 'the Packers defense aren't good'. Like you didn't just get shutout lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame that we can’t really access ESPN+ content easily here. Wouldn’t mind sussing out the new Tom Brady doco for the Bledsoe insight.

someone will post it to YouTube once its been on in the states. search early before they ban it.

Final Standings, as predicted by http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

AFCWLT
Titans1430
Bills1160
Chiefs1070
Ravens1070
Chargers1070
Patriots1070
Steelers971
Raiders980
Bengals980
Browns890
Colts890
Broncos890
Dolphins6110
Jets6110
Jaguars5120
Texans3140
NFCWLT
Packers1340
Cardinals1340
Cowboys1250
Buccaneers1160
Rams1160
Saints1070
Vikings890
Forty-Niners890
Panthers890
Falcons890
Seahawks7100
Eagles7100
WFT6110
Giants6110
Bears6110
Lions2141

Just read the article...this guy smh. Can he stop being cringe for a sentence?

“I definitely want to play for a long time, but I think once I’m done, I’d love to own an NFL football team and to be able to impact a city, a country and just bring people to the game of football,” Wilson said. “I’m very big into the business side of things and just sports in general. I love winning. I love the process of winning. So hopefully I can bring that culture to a team and organization.”

Winning? Since the LOB disbanded and he wasn't on a rookie contract what has Wilson won exactly? I love the process of going nowhere or backwards you mean.

Titans are an unprecedented 7-0 through 10 games against last year’s playoff teams

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 16, 2021, 4:58 PM EST

The Titans are 8-2, tied for the best record in the NFL. But perhaps even more noteworthy than the number of wins they have is the identity of the teams they’ve beaten.

Specifically, Tennessee is 7-0 against teams that made the playoffs last season. According to ESPN, the Titans are the first team since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger to win seven games against the previous season’s playoff teams through the first 10 weeks of the season.

The seven games against 2020 playoff teams the Titans have won are the Colts twice as well as the Seahawks, Bills, Chiefs, Rams and Saints.

The Titans also, of course, have a loss to the Jets, one of the worst teams in the NFL both this year and last year. Call that game the ultimate example of how any team can beat any team on any given Sunday.
Once again, you're quoting a Michael David Smith article which is missing key facts.

1) 2020 was the first year of a 14 team playoff. Therefore there's 2 more teams in which to play.
2) 2021 is the first time with a 17 game fixture, and if you finished 1st in your division (like the Titans did) you automatically have an extra opportunity again.

Who finished 7th in the AFC last year? Colts (divisional foe)
Where did the Titans finish last year? 1st in the South (so they get 1st in the NFC South)

If this was last year, they'd be 4-0 under circumstances (dont play Saints, Colts not playoff calibre)

So 2021 is the storm which has given Tennessee 3 extra games which qualify for this stat.

What I would more say is the opportunity to get this stat is unprecedented.

fwiw - I had never read anything from him before this past week, but the 2 articles you've showed me tells me he's a hack of a journalist who just shares any inane thought he has, he's factually incorrect (the other article you shared) and doesn't apply ANY critical thinking in what he writes. If he had any clout, I'd contemplate creating a thread about him similar to on the Crows board about Kane Cornes. Just a hack journalist living for clicks.

Once again, you're quoting a Michael David Smith article which is missing key facts.

1) 2020 was the first year of a 14 team playoff. Therefore there's 2 more teams in which to play.
2) 2021 is the first time with a 17 game fixture, and if you finished 1st in your division (like the Titans did) you automatically have an extra opportunity again.

Who finished 7th in the AFC last year? Colts (divisional foe)
Where did the Titans finish last year? 1st in the South (so they get 1st in the NFC South)

If this was last year, they'd be 4-0 under circumstances (dont play Saints, Colts not playoff calibre)

So 2021 is the storm which has given Tennessee 3 extra games which qualify for this stat.

What I would more say is the opportunity to get this stat is unprecedented.

fwiw - I had never read anything from him before this past week, but the 2 articles you've showed me tells me he's a hack of a journalist who just shares any inane thought he has, he's factually incorrect (the other article you shared) and doesn't apply ANY critical thinking in what he writes. If he had any clout, I'd contemplate creating a thread about him similar to on the Crows board about Kane Cornes. Just a hack journalist living for clicks.
Cheers for the heads up. Will take note before I post an article by him.

Just read the article...this guy smh. Can he stop being cringe for a sentence?

“I definitely want to play for a long time, but I think once I’m done, I’d love to own an NFL football team and to be able to impact a city, a country and just bring people to the game of football,” Wilson said. “I’m very big into the business side of things and just sports in general. I love winning. I love the process of winning. So hopefully I can bring that culture to a team and organization.”

Winning? Since the LOB disbanded and he wasn't on a rookie contract what has Wilson won exactly? I love the process of going nowhere or backwards you mean.

Couldn't of said of it better myself.
Ever since they went from a dominate defense + Pounding running game with Lynch to Wilson's team they haven't looked like winning anything but a playoff berth at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back