NFL 2021 NFL - Week 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Expecting Big old Ben to have his best game of the year versus the Ravens. Ravens have 5 CBs on the injury report, as well as missing ProBowler M Peters who is on IR.
Although Ben has shown a lack of zip, poor ball placement and need of a walking frame at times this year; facing a severely depleted CB unit could revitalise his flailing career. It still appears he is a likely retiree this off-season and the Steelers will probably enter the older QB market for his replacement.

Fact is teams have NOT been loading an 8 man box consistently against the Browns--they do it for a series or two and understand Stefanski will completely abandon the run.
that was utter sh*t from Stefanski tho vs the Ravens, you got a QB who cant throw and you gave Chubb like 8 carries in a close game. Dont care what his per carry was, that is just sh*t coaching.
A bit of credit to Ravens D needed…..and they did stack the box a lot . Both running backs ran the ball 17 times for not much.

Not excusing the coaches…that debacle with the timeout because the D couldn’t sort out subs …then next play getting called for too many men on the field…on 4th and short! What was going on?!

A bit of credit to Ravens D needed…..and they did stack the box a lot . Both running backs ran the ball 17 times for not much.

Not excusing the coaches…that debacle with the timeout because the D couldn’t sort out subs …then next play getting called for too many men on the field…on 4th and short! What was going on?!

Watch Kurt Warner’s defense of Baker.

Tell me that was an 8 man box.

Also, have Stefanski explain why he ran the ball so infrequently when the Ratbirds weren’t cheating on the run.

Then have him explain why he wouldn’t go 4 wide with Chubb in the backfield if this uniquely novel, never before designed, 8 man front was giving him so many fits?

Pittspuke’s defense gave up 10 points as well—we aren’t giving them bouquets are we?

You hit the nail on the head—coaching

Stefanski benefitted all last year from playing a bunch of also rans.

This year he is revealing how incredibly in over his head he is.

Last edited:
And as far as running the ball…you don’t give your best player 7 carries and say

Gee we tried, was to hard and we give up.

Betcha if Chubb had 37 carries and Baker 17 throws

Browns win

Stop getting me riled up damnit TheGreatBarryB

:)

It's December and that means the home stretch of the NFL season. Damn does it always feel like it finishes up way too quickly, it's one of the things that feeds the hunger for it but it's a hell of a long off season especially those of us who follow perennial underachievers.

It's December and that means the home stretch of the NFL season. Damn does it always feel like it finishes up way too quickly, it's one of the things that feeds the hunger for it but it's a hell of a long off season especially those of us who follow perennial underachievers.
USFL starts up 2022 I think, February to June. That will help.
XFL wont start till 2023, same period of time.
Reckon the USFL and XFL should merge, their teams pooled together, their finances and backing pooled together, so that a spring league can manage to stay sustainable for 1, 5, 20 years.

As always with the NFL, rules, applied to some not others, no consistency of application.

---------

Kendrick Bourne avoids taunting fine for quick flash of peace sign at Buster Skrine

Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2021, 11:42 PM EST

The NFL is aggressively emphasizing the prohibition on taunting this year. Except when it isn’t.

On Sunday against the Titans, Patriots receiver Kendrick Bourne capped an impressive 41-yard catch and run for a touchdown by flashing a peace sign at cornerback Buster Skrine just before entering the end zone. The officials didn’t see it. If they did, they didn’t flag it.

The league office, which surely saw it, didn’t fine Bourne for the gesture.

And so the entire taunting thing becomes even more confusing and inconsistent. Several weeks ago, Bears linebacker Cassius Marsh received both a flag and a five-figure fine for impermissible posturing at the opposing sideline. Bourne, who clearly (albeit temporarily) did what the league wants players to not do was neither flagged nor fined.

The rule is bad. The inconsistent application of it is worse. Although the smartest approach continues to be, as Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy said this week, to just do nothing at all other than give the ball to the closest official, the supposedly black-and-white, know-it-when-you-see-it prohibition includes a gray era that results in outcomes that can’t be reconciled.

At least the NFL can see that Carr is like a soccer player, screaming in agony, etc. Florio sees it too ;)

-----

No roughing the passer fine for Micah Parsons

Posted by Mike Florio on December 4, 2021, 7:18 PM EST

On Thanksgiving, Cowboys linebacker Micah Parsons drew a roughing the passer foul after Raiders quarterback Derek Carr exited the pocket and fell toward Parsons. The rookie’s wrist/forearm struck Carr in the helmet. Carr did his best to embellish the situation by first holding his helmet and then holding his neck.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL did not fine Parsons for the hit.

It’s the right call. Although the prohibition against delivering a forcible blow to the head or neck of a quarterback lingers even after the quarterback exits the pocket and until he officially becomes a runner, it’s difficult to split hairs when the quarterback approaches the line of scrimmage — and when the quarterback falls into the would-be tackler.

Parsons complained about the call after the game.

We should be playing football, not tag,” Parsons said. “I’m not here to support anybody and play tag like it’s my best friend. I got a job to do, and I see how he’s outside of the pocket, so I’m going to the quarterback. . . . I mean, we’re playing football at the end of the day.”

For now at least, the NFL agreed that what Parsons did was sufficiently in line with the rules of football to not result in a fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least the NFL can see that Carr is like a soccer player, screaming in agony, etc. Florio sees it too ;)

-----

On Thanksgiving, Cowboys linebacker Micah Parsons drew a roughing the passer foul after Raiders quarterback Derek Carr exited the pocket and fell toward Parsons. The rookie’s wrist/forearm struck Carr in the helmet. Carr did his best to embellish the situation by first holding his helmet and then holding his neck.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFL did not fine Parsons for the hit.

It’s the right call. Although the prohibition against delivering a forcible blow to the head or neck of a quarterback lingers even after the quarterback exits the pocket and until he officially becomes a runner, it’s difficult to split hairs when the quarterback approaches the line of scrimmage — and when the quarterback falls into the would-be tackler.

We should be playing football, not tag,” Parsons said. “I’m not here to support anybody and play tag like it’s my best friend. I got a job to do, and I see how he’s outside of the pocket, so I’m going to the quarterback. . . . I mean, we’re playing football at the end of the day.”

For now at least, the NFL agreed that what Parsons did was sufficiently in line with the rules of football to not result in a fine.

Carr should be ashamed of the way he carried on. Absolute flog behaviour.

-----

Aaron Donald got a $10K fine for grabbing a player by the throat and squeezing right next to a ref without drawing a flag.
Parsons just needs to become a superstar and wont draw the flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back