Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry's rising star nom rustled some jimmies, Port fans what about Bergman, Pies fans what about Henry :rolleyes:

I didn't watch their game that closely, but looking at the stats... Bergman only had 8 possessions and nothing else of particular note? Can see a case for Henry (15 possessions, 2.3).

You have to love the irony of the INDEPENDENT Daily having a Port employee as its chief AFL writer. Maybe they can get Turbo Tom Koutsantonis to do its political coverage too.

Lost all respect for that news outlet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We spent our war chest paying our former players to play for other teams
Jenkins reminds me of Winston Bogarde at Chelsea.

Then in 2000 came that move to Chelsea. For those of you that don’t know, Bogarde signed a four-year contract worth €45,000 per week under the then manager Gianluca Vialli. However, one week after signing, Vialli was sacked and replaced by Claudio Ranieri who almost immediately deemed Bogarde to be surplus to requirements.

In that situation I would hazard a guess that most professional footballers would seek a move away in order to play first team football. Not Bogarde though. At 30 years of age, he opted to sit on the Chelsea bench instead and pick up his pay cheque for the next four years. No other club was willing to pick up his sizeable wage so rather than take a pay cut, Bogarde was happy to be remain in limbo at Stamford Bridge.

Except we have a salary cap and don't have an unlimited pot of money from our Russian owner.

It's a shame we didn't get on the receiving end last year. Stephenson would have been a great addition (on field that is). A fast, goal kicking mid.
We'd have put him in the forward pocket or half back flank though

I believe he said he'd only go to a vic club

You have to love the irony of the INDEPENDENT Daily having a Port employee as its chief AFL writer. Maybe they can get Turbo Tom Koutsantonis to do its political coverage too.
I saw rucci's gutter piece about membership numbers. This is why port hand out free match access memberships, to boost their numbers. I thought you had to pay at least $50 for your 'membership' to count in the AFL numbers?

For any Glenelg fans on here, listen to this podcast interview with the great Stephen Copping.

Said that when he played for Glenelg he just came up from the family farm at Lucindale each weekend - so he did NO training 😄

Then ended up at Essendon under Sheedy where training was like a military operation - 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week.

Great to hear from him

Son of Peter “Max” Maynard, premiership player for Glenelg - so Brayden is essentially a Crows father-son😬😛

That’s my argument and I’m sticking to it

For those interested, Max is now doing player recruiting with Melbourne, which is where the Bays originally got him from.

How do I know this? Overheard Cornesy asking him in the GFC toilets one day…

For any Glenelg fans on here, listen to this podcast interview with the great Stephen Copping.

Said that when he played for Glenelg he just came up from the family farm at Lucindale each weekend - so he did NO training 😄

Then ended up at Essendon under Sheedy where training was like a military operation - 3 hours a night, 4 nights a week.

Great to hear from him

He was 5'10'' but his arms made him 6'8''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back