Opinion 2021 Non-Crows AFL 3: Things Fall Apart!

Who sneaks in to 7th & 8th?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be the only experienced coach who is still interested.

Not sure this is the smartest move even for crazy Vossy.

What's the alternative though?

The problem with staying at Alberton and babysitting Kern is that they're about to fall off the cliff.

I actually think it's smarter for Voss to get out now and take the Carlton job if it's offered to him. If he hangs around too long at Port no one will want him once Port's premiership window has slammed shut.

The problem with staying at Alberton and babysitting Kern is that they're about to fall off the cliff.

I actually think it's smarter for Voss to get out now and take the Carlton job if it's offered to him. If he hangs around too long at Port no one will want him once Port's premiership window has slammed shut.

Port need to fall off the cliff properly before Ken goes.

Saturday's effort is good enough for Port to sell more memberships over summer.

I think they will try and make a play for Clarko next year.

Ken will be dead man walking in 2022.

I don't particularly mind that though with Voss. No one is touching him in a million years due to how he ended up at Brisbane, much like no one is ever offering Neeld, or Bolton another senior coaching gig. Carlton is really his last shot at being a head coach, and he only has a shot due to how much of a clusterheck they were.

Port need to fall off the cliff properly before Ken goes.

Saturday's effort is good enough for Port to sell more memberships over summer.

I think they will try and make a play for Clarko next year.

Ken will be dead man walking in 2022.

Even if they get Clarko for 2023 (which I doubt) their list is stuffed.

Gray and Boak both turn 34 next year, Dixon will be 32 next year, Jonas 32, Motlop 31 and Lycett 30.

It was obvious this year with no Ebert or Hartlett that they went backwards, once they lose Boak and Gray the fall away will be swift.

If they landed Clarko at the end of 2022 he'd need a minimum of 4 or 5 years to rebuild the list.

I don't think it would appeal to him.

Even if they get Clarko for 2023 (which I doubt) their list is stuffed.

Gray and Boak both turn 34 next year, Dixon will be 32 next year, Jonas 32, Motlop 31 and Lycett 30.

It was obvious this year with no Ebert or Hartlett that they went backwards, once they lose Boak and Gray the fall away will be swift.

If they landed Clarko at the end of 2022 he'd need a minimum of 4 or 5 years to rebuild the list.

I don't think it would appeal to him.

The thing is, even if they get Clarko, it's going to take a 2-3 years before he removes the soft underbelly that Port has. By then, their window is shut.

After all, too many of their players have been Port Powered and have turned flaky.

I would laugh hard if Geelong moves on Chris Scott (who goes to Carlton) and they hire Clarkson who comes out and says he was only willing to coach a contending team

The Port board would have a meltdown of epic proportions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a legend of our club I love Simon Goodwin. Yet even I cannot understand how his players manage to be motivated when he speaks. He seems like one of the least inspiring speakers ever.

As a legend of our club I love Simon Goodwin. Yet even I cannot understand how his players manage to be motivated when he speaks. He seems like one of the least inspiring speakers ever.
I remember Neil Craig saying Goody was the best captain the club had had and being confused as hell. He doesn’t strike me as a leader at all.

Actions probably speak a lot louder than words.

Im sure the players aren't sitting there wishing Goody sounded more animated, they are too busy executing the winning strategy he has put into place.

The days of players being primarily motivated and driven by game day speeches is well in the past.

Im sure the players aren't sitting there wishing Goody sounded more animated, they are too busy executing the winning strategy he has put into place.

The days of players being primarily motivated and driven by game day speeches is well in the past.
I think Langdon touched on this somewhere I read

Yeah obviously he has plenty of strengths and Paul Roos among others must have seen the potential but I still think the best coaches have a presence and an intensity that isn’t apparent with Goodwin.

Yeah obviously he has plenty of strengths and Paul Roos among others must have seen the potential but I still think the best coaches have a presence and an intensity that isn’t apparent with Goodwin.
The best coaches win premierships.

Goody hasn't done that yet.

That's all I would be looking at.

Intensity, presence, that's all subjective and based purely on the media snippets we see.

I actually want to see calm, because that's the best way of thinking straight whilst under immense pressure.

The best coaches win premierships.

Goody hasn't done that yet.

That's all I would be looking at.

Intensity, presence, that's all subjective and based purely on the media snippets we see.

I actually want to see calm, because that's the best way of thinking straight whilst under immense pressure.
He didn’t play angry, and appears to coach the same way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back