2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nicks will be highlighting this incident.

Good teams do not let that happen.

It needed a full response, no matter how big the opposition no matter how small you are. All in or go home.

Fogarty had the right instinct, he needed more support. Experienced players should have been there in numbers.

Imagine if you did that to a Richmond player or a Swans player. Those clubs would have stood up for their team mate.

It will come. We need to get that back into it team philosophy. **** Neil Craig and his clean skin rubbish.

Guys like ROB, Himmelberg and Walker were in full-on self preservation mode all game. No chance they fly the flag for a fallen team mate.

I think Nicks will be highlighting this incident.

Good teams do not let that happen.

It needed a full response, no matter how big the opposition no matter how small you are. All in or go home.

Fogarty had the right instinct, he needed more support. Experienced players should have been there in numbers.

Imagine if you did that to a Richmond player or a Swans player. Those clubs would have stood up for their team mate.

It will come. We need to get that back into it team philosophy. **** Neil Craig and his clean skin rubbish.
Greenwood used to be the guy for this. "Nice" boy but had his angry pills and big enough to back it up.

IMO the next player who concusses someone with a sling tackle should cop a half a season ban and a sizeable fine.

Time to stamp this sh*t out for good.
Way to stamp it out is to dish out red cards (as well as the tribunal). A player that ends another players game by way of an illegal tackle must also leave the game. That will bloody stop it.

IMO the next player who concusses someone with a sling tackle should cop a half a season ban and a sizeable fine.

Time to stamp this sh*t out for good.

I could think of the top of my head some easy targets (players) to sling tackle comfortably and do serious and potentially permanent damage.

AFL needs to send a message.

* Also jackster83 I noticed a port troll laughing at your post, coward gutless trolling, typical like the rest of their supporter base.
Just a heads up, all you need to do is report your actual post and the Port poster and they will be banned and their liking privileges removed, the joke is on them.

Ok but he is guilty, an incident like that is pretty cut and dry. As soon as it happened everyone knew he'd be getting weeks.
How can you be adjudged the best player when you didn't play within the rules of the game?
The Brownlow medal is awarded to the "Fairest and Best" player - so a player who commits a thug act (i.e. Lycett) shouldn't be receiving votes.

The AFLCA's award is for "acknowledging outstanding effort by an individual player in a season." There's nothing in that wording which precludes giving votes to an ugly thug like Lycett.

Free Kick Adelaide? :drunk:

We sit 2nd on the ladder for free kick differentials. I guess it hardly counts for much in 2021 given we are sh*t, but would have been handy when we were half a decent side.

View attachment 1124267
Look where Richmond is. They simply don't get away with all the s**t they used to get away with. It's delicious.

Crows sit where they are because we never/rarely play on the edge. Richmond always play on the edge but the honeymoon's over by the looks.

Bulldogs, well 2016 all over again.

Look where Richmond is. They simply don't get away with all the sh*t they used to get away with. It's delicious.

Crows sit where they are because we never/rarely play on the edge. Richmond always play on the edge but the honeymoon's over by the looks.

Bulldogs, well 2016 all over again.
TBH the free kick differentials are meaningless without context.

When, Where and What stage of the game are the free kicks given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks. I looked up the Showdown Medal voting for comparison, and found this on the Port website:

Showdown Medal voting:
8 – Travis Boak (Port Adelaide)
5 – Tom Clurey (Port Adelaide)
4 – Scott Lycett (Port Adelaide)
3 –Karl Amon (Port Adelaide)
3 – Rory Laird (Port Adelaide)
1 - Charlie Dixon (Port Adelaide)

LOL.

I’m confused. Port were saying the prison bars was a player led initiative. Then Chris Davies was on 5aa last night saying the leadership group came up with the idea together.

Now Cal Twomey is saying the club had the idea weeks ago and told the leadership group in the week leading up to the game that they had to do it, and the rest of the playing group only found out after the game?

I’m confused. Port were saying the prison bars was a player led initiative. Then Chris Davies was on 5aa last night saying the leadership group came up with the idea together.

Now Cal Twomey is saying the club had the idea weeks ago and told the leadership group in the week leading up to the game that they had to do it, and the rest of the playing group only found out after the game?

Trying to pass it off as 'player led' and then mixing up stories just shows it's a blatant marketing stunt. Cringeworthy and insecure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back