Training 2021 - Preseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i think Yeo is done with OP

:'(

I'm a bit perplexed why the club didn't go for surgery if it's been so severe, but I guess they know more than me. Rest hasn't seemed to have helped much though and now we're nearing round 1 and he's no closer to being ready. Not a good sign.

I'm a bit perplexed why the club didn't go for surgery if it's been so severe, but I guess they know more than me. Rest hasn't seemed to have helped much though and now we're nearing round 1 and he's no closer to being ready. Not a good sign.
I dont recall the club announcing it but have seen it mentioned on here a few times that Yeo chose the no surgery option

Any wafl watchers know much about jamison ugle? Was invited to the club either to train or rehab his shoulder?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Monocle AsterixTheGaul Dylan82 I've heard Simmo and some players say Duggan was drafted as a mid and turned into a defender. Surely that can'T be right. I swear he was a defender when drafted.
As written by Monocle - when he played in the carnival for Vic Metro, he was only used as a half back. Club wise at Western Jets, he played some time as a midfielder and some in defence.

In his early years as an Eagle, he played as a half forward with some midfield time and then did his PCL later in the year. As a midfielder, he is not a first hands get option but would be a very good defensive mid keeping the better opposition mids quieter. We will need that role given Yeo's return is up in the air.

Having seen him for the last 5 years, I see him as a more defensive midfielder as well as wing potential (he has developed really good endurance and clocks up the km's each week).

As written by Monocle - when he played in the carnival for Vic Metro, he was only used as a half back. Club wise at Western Jets, he played some time as a midfielder and some in defence.

In his early years as an Eagle, he played as a half forward with some midfield time and then did his PCL later in the year. As a midfielder, he is not a first hands get option but would be a very good defensive mid keeping the better opposition mids quieter. We will need that role given Yeo's return is up in the air.

Having seen him for the last 5 years, I see him as a more defensive midfielder as well as wing potential (he has developed really good endurance and clocks up the km's each week).

Is it not because he was effectively the youngest in his draft class? Had he been a few months older maybe the next season he plays mid?

Is it not because he was effectively the youngest in his draft class? Had he been a few months older maybe the next season he plays mid?

Ryan Daniels

@FootyRhino

·
1m

No Tim Kelly or Josh Kennedy this weekend for
@WestCoastEagles
- Nic Naitanui will play. About half game time. Kelly and Kennedy likely for round one, barring setback. Jake Waterman has joined the main group after recovering from a back issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest I think Brander if he's to make it with us has to make it as a forward. I just don't see a spot for him in defence. I really fear we will lose him to another club where he'll well and truly become worth his draft pick investment.
Weve lost Jetta,Hurn is close to retirement,Duggan is working in the midfield,Witherden is a question mark,Guv and Barrass should be ok for some time.We need another bigger Hurn type who can kick.Brander has very good body work and is a good kick.Running straight may help those nervous nelly moments he has occasionally.Cole and Nelson are not locks in my eyes. Doesnt matter; Rioli is back!!!!!

I dont recall the club announcing it but have seen it mentioned on here a few times that Yeo chose the no surgery option

Wouldnt go that far. Both sides agreed to no surgery. Yeo rejected it based on the knowledge that his body could handle the recovery program and that he didnt want to rush his way back into the side.. The issue is the recovery program hasnt done much. Its a pretty rare scenario when it doesnt resolve itself. Surgery isnt necessarily the answer and one over the other. Its more of a quicker fix to the problem, whereby you fix the issue but lose some core strength as a result.

Decision it seems will be too push ahead with the current recovery. If he is to have surgery itd probably be end of season stuff at this stage. Zero point in doing it now

Weve lost Jetta,Hurn is close to retirement,Duggan is working in the midfield,Witherden is a question mark,Guv and Barrass should be ok for some time.We need another bigger Hurn type who can kick.Brander has very good body work and is a good kick.Running straight may help those nervous nelly moments he has occasionally.Cole and Nelson are not locks in my eyes. Doesnt matter; Rioli is back!!!!!

I’m not convinced brander is a good kick. He kicks it quite loopy

Simpson said star midfielder Elliot Yeo had completed a strong training session last Friday, changing direction and moving powerfully, but he would not be rushed in his recovery from osteitis pubis.

"We're making progress and he's way more advanced than three or four weeks ago. It's slow though and it's not going to be round one," the coach said.

"I'm in a rush to get him back, but we won't rush his progression. His body will tell us when it gets to the next level and how he pulls up after each session."

Baby steps but finally some news re Yeo that has him tracking in the right direction or change thereof

Simpson said star midfielder Elliot Yeo had completed a strong training session last Friday, changing direction and moving powerfully

Still recovering from the Willie news and now this. I'm only human ffs.

Death by snu snu.

He's certainly not as good a kick as Rotham and even after hurn retires (likely this year) I'm not sure you can play more tall than Gov, Barrass, Rotham, Shep.

Yep, you could almost go as far as saying Hurn is not as good a kick as Rotham these days (peak Hurn, of course was elite - but he's definitely lost some distance on his kick... and based on the last couple of years has also lost his appetite to take the game on with his kick in most instances).

Yep, you could almost go as far as saying Hurn is not as good a kick as Rotham these days (peak Hurn, of course was elite - but he's definitely lost some distance on his kick... and based on the last couple of years has also lost his appetite to take the game on with his kick in most instances).

I'm not sold on that, particularly due to Hurn's experience but what it does tell me is the one area of the best 22 we are really lacking in moving forward is either an elite run and carry small defender or an elite distributing small defender.

Outside of the best 22 we just ******* needs some decent midfield depth.

I'm not sold on that, particularly due to Hurn's experience but what it does tell me is the one area of the best 22 we are really lacking in moving forward is either an elite run and carry small defender or an elite distributing small defender.

Outside of the best 22 we just ******* needs some decent midfield depth.
Really keen to see how Johnson goes this year. Didn’t get much opportunity to develop in 2020 due to covid and hubs and scrimmages but he has a weapon of a leg and could be something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back