Trades 2021 Round 13 Fantasy Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whose idea was it to throw Pendles to half back? I guess we might have a better idea after Round13...................

Pendles in theory is a good fit for halfback.
His shockers are when he was playing half forward.
The concept being Pendles is their best by foot so have him being the one delivering the ball inside 50 on a platter.

But then... he can do that from half back and in the guts anyway... and more often. So I think he probably plays more in the guts or off half back more often than not for the rest of the year.

If I grand Pendles this week, it leaves 19 on field with a Flynn/Reeves loop, and 16 pre trades next week. Of that 16 couple question marks (Scott, Jones, Newcombe, Flynn, Waterman), but if all goes to plan can have 21 after trades.

Feels wrong going against a potential 160 from whit but the feelings just aren't there this year with cumming and ash down back too. Pendls is a top 10 right? I don't have dusty, would he better?

As long as you have 16 playing next week and atleast 3 or 4 R14s you are happy to trade to make up the numbers you're ok getting Pendles this week.

I can't make it work given I'll have 19 this week, and 18 pre-trades next week. My only problem is Ive only got 2x R14s I can trade. The rest are either premos I dont want to sideways, or dud rookies I cant be bothered trading (Meek/Fin Macrae).

Which means AT BEST I have 20 next week. But then if no new rookie from R12/R13 emerges (already have newcombe) I'm stuck grabbing an R14 rookie like worrell or western... suddenly I'm 19 AT BEST.

And thats assuming some shakey guys like Jones/Scott/Burgess/Robertson all get a gig.

It's a little bit too on a knife edge for me unfortunately... so I'll just have to play a straight bat and take R12s this week.

As long as you have 16 playing next week and atleast 3 or 4 R14s you are happy to trade to make up the numbers you're ok getting Pendles this week.

I can't make it work given I'll have 19 this week, and 18 pre-trades next week. My only problem is Ive only got 2x R14s I can trade. The rest are either premos I dont want to sideways, or dud rookies I cant be bothered trading (Meek/Fin Macrae).

Which means AT BEST I have 20 next week. But then if no new rookie from R12/R13 emerges (already have newcombe) I'm stuck grabbing an R14 rookie like worrell or western... suddenly I'm 19 AT BEST.

And thats assuming some shakey guys like Jones/Scott/Burgess/Robertson all get a gig.

It's a little bit too on a knife edge for me unfortunately... so I'll just have to play a straight bat and take R12s this week.
So fair actually, I didn’t even think about the rd I can trade out.

if I go RCD, Rowe & Scott to Reeves, Newcombe & Pendles this week, only leaves me with Jordon & Macrae as my actual trade outs (rantall/buku khamis) are worth nothing anyway.

thanks for this, it’s actually made me reconsider my trades properly, I’ll roll with Whitfield this week, although potentially down this week, it allows me to have an extra player next week.

If I grand Pendles this week, it leaves 19 on field with a Flynn/Reeves loop, and 16 pre trades next week. Of that 16 couple question marks (Scott, Jones, Newcombe, Flynn, Waterman), but if all goes to plan can have 21 after trades.

Feels wrong going against a potential 160 from whit but the feelings just aren't there this year with cumming and ash down back too. Pendls is a top 10 right? I don't have dusty, would he better?

Why do your think there is a potential 160 in the offering? Where does that come from? Whits has so little AFL history in Tas and what I could dig was not good. Most games have been played in the Winter there.

2020 had a 67 in a loss to N at Giant Stadium
2019 didn't play NM nor did he play Hawks in Tas
2018 had a 70 in a loss to NM at Blundstone
2017 had an 82 in draw to Hawks at UTAS and didn't play against NM
2016 had a 61 in a win against NM at Marvel
2015 had a 73 in a loss to NM in a loss at Giant Stadium

Now you could argue perhaps he is due. He has been my certain trade this week for about 5 weeks. But maybe not now. We know he has no form against North (and can't think why) and nothing good in Tas. I think I'll look on for a week. He might go 160 and brain us all, but I am a great believer in how a player can feel about conditions can play a role too. I often get burnt doing this much research, but how can you ignore it and say today is just another day! Worst case scenario he costs me another $30k and I know he is in form............

How many rooks will people still have by next week? I'm aiming to just have Bianco, Newcombe, 1 of Reeves/Flynn and Poulter on field. (fingers crossed Newcombe isn't ******* awful lol. Get Flynn back up to Grundy for R15 leaving me with 3.

edit: in a best 22 scenario, not fielding next weeks bye round.

Fyfe to play straight after the bye

Also

"The Dockers' injury carnage from their loss to the Bulldogs was not as bad as first thought, with ruckman Sean Darcy a certain starter against the Suns after a hamstring scare."

Why do your think there is a potential 160 in the offering? Where does that come from? Whits has so little AFL history in Tas and what I could dig was not good. Most games have been played in the Winter there.

2020 had a 67 in a loss to N at Giant Stadium
2019 didn't play NM nor did he play Hawks in Tas
2018 had a 70 in a loss to NM at Blundstone
2017 had an 82 in draw to Hawks at UTAS and didn't play against NM
2016 had a 61 in a win against NM at Marvel
2015 had a 73 in a loss to NM in a loss at Giant Stadium

Now you could argue perhaps he is due. He has been my certain trade this week for about 5 weeks. But maybe not now. We know he has no form against North (and can't think why) and nothing good in Tas. I think I'll look on for a week. He might go 160 and brain us all, but I am a great believer in how a player can feel about conditions can play a role too. I often get burnt doing this much research, but how can you ignore it and say today is just another day! Worst case scenario he costs me another $30k and I know he is in form............

160 just a number he can punish us with! Those are some damming numbers, I can reach titch this week, what are your thoughts on that? Just feels boring to me, I’ve never rated him highly as a player so I’m struggling to convince myself to pick him...

How many rooks will people still have by next week? I'm aiming to just have Bianco, Newcombe, 1 of Reeves/Flynn and Poulter on field. (fingers crossed Newcombe isn't ******* awful lol. Get Flynn back up to Grundy for R15 leaving me with 3.

I'll have 3 after trades next week.
Mids - Poulter, Byrnes/Bianco
Ruck - Reeves

Also

"The Dockers' injury carnage from their loss to the Bulldogs was not as bad as first thought, with ruckman Sean Darcy a certain starter against the Suns after a hamstring scare."
Good news for my draft side.
Been a casualty ward with Danger and Fyfe lol

After the 4 trades next week I assume?
ie what will our side look like pre-trades Round 15?

Most likely 3: Newcombe(or Bianco)/Robertson/Flynn for me.

Edit: The plan for R15 trades if Flynn plays I'll get Pendles to replace one of the other two, and Grundy the week after.
If Flynn isnt playing I'll have to grab Grundy R15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bianco, Reeves, Newcombe will be my 3

Most seem to be holding Poulter.. has to go up for me next week due to bye structure.

Also

'Fyfe has previously undergone laterjet surgery on his right shoulder, meaning future dislocations out the back of the socket carry the risk of significant ligament damage, which it is clear Fyfe has escaped.'

That's just asking for a career/season ending injury.

Ill have either 3 after trades next week (Unless i try for 2 bargains). So in theory 1st week after the byes should be down to 2

'Fyfe has previously undergone laterjet surgery on his right shoulder, meaning future dislocations out the back of the socket carry the risk of significant ligament damage, which it is clear Fyfe has escaped.'

That's just asking for a career/season ending injury.

I don't disagree. He's still going for me

Fyfe > Kelly
Warner > Newcombe
RCD > Bowes

18 on field, 19 if Flynn makes the bench, 20 if Rantall keeps his spot.

If poulter tonnes up this week you can't really drop him though.
On the flip side if he dishes up a 50 everyone will realise its time to go.
All depends on round 14 structure. If holding him means you barely scrape 18 next week then probably best to upgrade regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back