List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1247144

This would be up with Farren Ray getting a game....
Not at all. Tom Lynch has been playing injured most of the year and he has been moved on as they regenerate the list. If he is fit and healthy there is no reason why he wouldnt play seniors. He wont be first choice but he will definitely play. Played good footy this year.

I remember predicting our list spots would be tight and getting some disagreement. But right now we'll be hard pressed to hit the national draft with 3 spots open.

We've had 3 off the main list leaving with spots for #1, #20 and CCJ.

If we push Richmond to a later pick (or use the PSD) for CCJ so we can use #38 then one of Atley or Dumont have to find a new home.

If we have any other senior players in our sights we need both Atley and Dumont to find new homes.

The other alternative is to push a senior player to the rookie list, such as Josh Walker.

Even rookie spots are hellishly tight - if we allocate one to Lynch it leaves us with rookie pick #1 only. Releasing Campbell and Ham would gives us 2 more but we may not consider the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the rookie drafts as preferable options.

It's a curious position being a wooden spoon list but with a large proportion of investment in long term players and very little list fat to trim after the main job was done in 2020.

Should Dumont somehow net band 2 or we magically got a priority pick we're going have to really shuffle things around to use our quality picks.

OR.... trade some picks out for futures.

Lol, this is epic toys out of the cot stuff.

He's uncontracted.

I hope we just do the Adelaide/Hately tactic now. Slide over a massive lowball offer on the first day, then turn the phone off for 2 weeks.
CCJ for our pick 110.
If not, then we'll walk him to the PSD.

I remember predicting our list spots would be tight and getting some disagreement. But right now we'll be hard pressed to hit the national draft with 3 spots open.

If we push Richmond to a later pick (or use the PSD) for CCJ so we can use #38 then one of Atley or Dumont have to find a new home.

If we have any other senior players in our sights we need both Atley and Dumont to find new homes.

The other alternative is to push a senior player to the rookie list, such as Josh Walker.

Even rookie spots are hellishly tight - if we allocate one to Lynch it leaves us with rookie pick #1 only. Releasing Campbell and Ham would gives us 2 more but we may not consider the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the rookie drafts as preferable options.

It's a curious position being a wooden spoon list but with a large proportion of investment in long term players and very little list fat to trim after the main job was done in 2020.

Should Dumont somehow net band 2 or we magically got a priority pick we're going have to really shuffle things around to use our quality picks.

If we get a second rounder for dumont I’m going to Collingwood or WB to shake a player, pick upgrade or future first rnd

Why? On talent alone, he'll definitely be best 22. It just depends how much we want to priorities development.

Would be nonsensical to jettison the players we have to bring in and play a 31 year old tweener KPF. May as well have kept Garner and hoped for a miracle.

If he’s a Rookie List, break in case of emergency addition, maybe.

Thought so - he still does I reckon.

His kicking was massive on Saturday night. Just incredible how well he kicked it. We were commenting on him having thighs like a T Rex here (at home) watching the game.

I reckon Atley and Dumont are both gone. They would have been signed by now.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we just wanted him to be a development coach then why don't we pay him through our VFL team? Doesn't cost a list spot & avoids the soft cap

Not at all. Tom Lynch has been playing injured most of the year and he has been moved on as they regenerate the list. If he is fit and healthy there is no reason why he wouldnt play seniors. He wont be first choice but he will definitely play. Played good footy this year.
He definately has something to give in terms of teaching the likes of Taylor and Ford how to get involved as that outlet/lead up medium tall forward.

When he came back into the Crows team for the last 6 games of the year he averaged 22.3 Disposals, 6 marks, 1 gal, 1.6 inside 50's, 6.3 score involvements, 0.83 goal assists. Those last two stats would have him ranked 1st at North. No matter which way you cut it that is impressive football for that role.

If we just wanted him to be a development coach then why don't we pay him through our VFL team? Doesn't cost a list spot & avoids the soft cap

Don’t think it works that way I’d say particularly for game day roles they’d need to be an AFL side employee

He'd probably take the whole VFL salary budget.

This is just a way around the coaching soft cap. If he comes, Campbell probably goes from a list perspective.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

"one or two pressure small forwards short of where we want to be"

Feels very specific and strategic as he's said it a couple of times now - they appear to think there's mostly enough tall forward presence in the team / developing and it is putting the right pressure around them that will be the difference.

Feels very specific and strategic as he's said it a couple of times now - they appear to think there's mostly enough tall forward presence in the team / developing and it is putting the right pressure around them that will be the difference.

Seems to me it's going to be:

Horne, CHB/Small Forward, CHB/Small Forward.

l could be wrong but vfl nominated players cannot play in the 1sts its only Afl players who play in the vfl. Also rookie listing him won't cost much and if needed he could be elevated up to play in the 1sts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back