List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the state leagues have offered up some quality key defenders. I'm not a keen enough watcher, I wonder who would be the top five kpds across the SANFL, WAFL and VFL?
You can forget about Battle he doesn’t want nothing to do with North rather go to the Suns if St.Kilda didn’t want him and iv heard that the Ben King will be at St.Kilda in 2023 from a very good source close to the Battle and King families.
Just lets get Horne-Francis and CCJ in and if a Petty or Kruger fall our way fantastic.
In a year we were the 18th team in the AFL let’s hope come 2022 we move up the ladder to not just 1 or 2 spots but maybe 6 to 7 spots.
Then hopefully if we do this as a club we can get this stench off our back as the Pay TV club and start playing prime time games on channel 7.

Skinner (in particular with the previous links and current JHF link) and Schlensog are interesting because they might still be gettable as delisted free agents.

Skinner looks a bit too old...

1631932117532.png

Can't say i won't be a wee bit disappointed in Robbie if he heads off to Richmond and leaves a similar contract on the table here at North. The club stuck by him through his severly hampered early career and he had some great mentors along the way, especially Hunter and Spud. Now we want him to see out his career with us and help oversee the transition of our defensive unit and he leaves.

Best of luck to him, i wish him no ill, but if he goes his legacy will be tainted IMO.

Last edited:
What are we going to do with our backline next year?? Corr and McKay need far more support. Letting Tarrant leave a bad move imo

I reckon the state leagues have offered up some quality key defenders. I'm not a keen enough watcher, I wonder who would be the top five kpds across the SANFL, WAFL and VFL?
Definitely been a few over the years. Only had to look at players like Thompson and Stewart to see that there are gems available. Marcus adams has gone alight too.

I was pretty keen on Highmore as a late mature-aged pick until saints grabbed him.

If we went that route I'd look at Chad Pearson from South Fremantle. Like Corr he can play on tall and short. Good rebounder too. Still only 23. Unlucky not to be drafted a few times now.

Definitely been a few over the years. Only had to look at players like Thompson and Stewart to see that there are gems available. Marcus adams has gone alight too.

I was pretty keen on Highmore as a late mature-aged pick until saints grabbed him.

If we went that route I'd look at Chad Pearson from South Fremantle. Like Corr he can play on tall and short. Good rebounder too. Still only 23. Unlucky not to be drafted a few times now.
i think we might even look closer to home Edwards looks like a great kick off either foot, could be a real weapon intercepting and setting play off half back or Combens body might hold up better behind play, might finally get some continually playing back ala Robbie.

we’ve got options.

Last edited:
What has changed from 12 months ago, is that we may lose Taz.

In the absence of available talent in the market for similar roles, we could do a lot worse than having Maj on our list next year. It would be unlikely, but worst case he's depth, best case he plays somewhere close to what he did in 2018.
No chance. Nor should there be.
Daft move.

What are we going to do with our backline next year?? Corr and McKay need far more support. Letting Tarrant leave a bad move imo

So you reckon we should chain him to the fence or something?

So you reckon we should chain him to the fence or something?
Live footage.
Motorist spots curious bears scaling a fence in Alaska | Daily Mail Online

I wouldn't expect them to roll over just because. I think JZ had a great year this year, and he should be asking for a longer deal. Doesn't make him a poor leader for doing so. But one year is fine. We can allow them to negotiate for their career without sh*t canning them. Absolute bloody warriors and servants of the club
This post nailed it perfectly well said Ham.

Do you not think Brady & Co may have been aware that something like this might occur and they perhaps have other plans in place?
This stuff is in the pipeline for weeks/months - it all just happens to come out the week when there’s no footy on. They’ll be drip feeding up til the GF - focus on that - then more info dropped.
Plans will be afoot no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you not think Brady & Co may have been aware that something like this might occur and they perhaps have other plans in place?
This stuff is in the pipeline for weeks/months - it all just happens to come out the week when there’s no footy on. They’ll be drip feeding up til the GF - focus on that - then more info dropped.
Fair assessment 👍

Don't panic - Walker is fine in the defensive role - that is 3 defensive talls we have back there.

We can't go any taller than that as we lose run and ball use.

We need to completely restructure the back line and Taz leaving will accelerate that.

In 12 months time we will be saying how fortunate we were that Robbie left as it forced the club to prioritise the development of the backline and now we are in much better shape there than in 2020 and 2021.

Not sure I'd go as far as thanking him for sticking with us. Nothing but respect for taz and he deserved AA honours on multiple occasions but it was North that was patient. Between 3 shoulder recos and an amputated leg he was pretty lucky.
And he put himself through all of that for the NMFC.

For sure. The bloke had no contract. And it's not like Richmond only contacted Robbie this week either, there'd have been talks for months.

Good luck to Taz if leaving. Thanks for the good years of service. Has been a great clubman.

Brander, Weideman, Schlensog and Skinner are all options to bring in I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back