List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Also think this would be a reason why it would be good if Taz stayed. He is a great one on one defender and has alot of knowledge that young defenders would benefit from.

Definitely, i would have preferred he stay too, but it was his call.

Hopefully we get JVR. J.Walker may take that third defender role initially but hopefully by the end of the year he would be overtaken by JVR. McKay and Corr is still a pretty good starting point for key backs. We can cover the opposition's gorilla FF and agile tall well enough.

img_TT_skinner_lab.jpg

Hopefully this will turn out like Higgins. He goes with our best wishes in the hope of winning a premiership (hope unfulfilled unless strange things happen next year) and we receive a pick which we convert into a player with at least as much potential as Charlie Lazzaro

I still hate seeing player like Hale, Levi, Gibbo, Ben Brown (now Brown Ben) playing at other clubs. Best move for club and player though.

All the best to Taz, he played some very good footy over the years and seems like a solid citizen. Not sure that he's done quite enough to be considered a "legend" of the club as some have posted in this thread.

There is oft on here an overlooking of those that have not been infront of our face for some time.

Mick Martyn is a legend of this club.

David Dench is a legend of this club.

Tarrant has been a respectable player who we stood by when he was staring down the barrel.

I'm a bit disappointed with this outcome to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of you have let sentimentality blind you to the reality of the problems we still need to address sooner rather than later if we want to have any reasonable shot at a premiership with our players to come up together at the same time.

The club was right in this move, and I say this as someone who has nothing but love and respect for Tarrant.

Good luck to Taz, has been a warrior for us.

He might have a great season next year but at the end of the day we have a very old back 6 and something needed to fall out.

Without Taz, we still have an aging Hall, Ziebell, and Walker. Corr is an established senior player, as is Turner. So there's one spot in the back six for youth.

Personally, I'd rather go with 2 talls in Corr and McKay, Hall as the damaging running back, Turner in his lockdown role, and two positions to youth.

He might have a great season next year but at the end of the day we have a very old back 6 and something needed to fall out.

Without Taz, we still have an aging Hall, Ziebell, and Walker. Corr is an established senior player, as is Turner. So there's one spot in the back six for youth.

Personally, I'd rather go with 2 talls in Corr and McKay, Hall as the damaging running back, Turner in his lockdown role, and two positions to youth.
I'll be disappointed and surprised if Ziebell plays the stat-racking role again for the full 22 games. It's where you're supposed to blood your young skinny half backs.

Lazzaro for the youth. I think McDonald though should swing back to HB to provide more marking power and drive.

There is oft on here an overlooking of those that have not been infront of our face for some time.

Mick Martyn is a legend of this club.

David Dench is a legend of this club.

Tarrant has been a respectable player who we stood by when he was staring down the barrel.

I'm a bit disappointed with this outcome to be honest.
Agree on the first part of your post, but I think the club and Taz are pretty even at this point - he has repaid the faith. It’s always a bit of a shame to see stalwarts and leaders move on, but I’m ok with it. In the end, this is what free agency is meant to be for, so a guy nearing the end of his career can extend his contracts/increase his purse/get a chance with a club higher up the ladder than the one he leaves.

And on the matching contract length, I guess it’s like the old Greenwood story - even if the offers are evened up by the end of talks, you know where you are relatively in each club‘s priorities and plans. Backing the club and wishing him all the best.

Comben to CHB is a left field option, he played there quite a bit in u/18’s and some recruiters viewed it as his best position.

This would become viable if Edwards came on a bit quicker than expected or we took a JVR type swing man.
Comben has to be a fwd let him develop there, jvr is a big want through the draft

I'll be disappointed and surprised if Ziebell plays the stat-racking role again for the full 22 games. It's where you're supposed to blood your young skinny half backs.

Yeah, I wouldn't like to see it but suspect we will. You'd hope that in a rebuilding mode we could get 3 x under 25s in the back 6.

Even McKay shouldn't be considered a kid learning the game anymore, has been our main key post for 2 years now.

Some of you have let sentimentality blind you to the reality of the problems we still need to address sooner rather than later if we want to have any reasonable shot at a premiership with our players to come up together at the same time.

The club was right in this move, and I say this as someone who has nothing but love and respect for Tarrant.
I'm not blinded by sentimentality on this one. He is one of our most important players structurally. He didn't have a good year because it was injury affected.

It's easier to retain a good player, than to go out and find a new one to replace them.

We've ballsed this one up, we don't have the depth to cover for him.

You don't let good players like that walk out, especially when we have the cap space for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back