List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazzbot13

Debutant
Aug 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Goldy demanded by performance to push Hale and McIntosh out of his way. I like Xerri but seriously, by the end I was begging to bring Campbell back in and he aint no Max Gawn either.
I found X pretty frustrating to watch at times. If a reasonable trade is there then part ways, but if not see how he goes with one more.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
I found X pretty frustrating to watch at times. If a reasonable trade is there then part ways, but if not see how he goes with one more.

This is where I sit on it. Not sure if he'll make it but with a contract, him BFNAAK, maybe more opportunity there's time. Still young.

Bazzbot13

Debutant
Aug 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any decent fringe Saints players we could swap for xerri?
I dont think we'll get much picks wise for him but could get some decent depth or someone crying out for opportunity.
Keep TC for depth and development and run edwards as a forward ruck in the mould that CCJ would be playing in the AFL.
Didn't someone post interest in Clavarino? Key Defender. Playing for Vic Country wore No.25.........

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is where I sit on it. Not sure if he'll make it but with a contract, him BFNAAK, maybe more opportunity there's time. Still young.
I was one of the posters who wanted to delist Ben Mckay a few years ago.
He just looked out of place in the seniors but great in VFL.
But we persisted and gave him time.
I think X may be the same. He plays a bullocking role. His body needs to fill out fully to be successful at it.
I think I would prefer to keep him. But I also think he would be on thin ice next year, when his contract is up, if he shows no improvement.

I'm not overly fussed on CCJ and I don't mean to sound crude when I say this......

But for once...just once can we **** a club in the ass over the trade period? As in walk CCJ to pre-season draft.

We've been reemed so many times over the years....even the 2nd rounders for Brown was a robbery.

It's time the shoe was on the other foot.

Last edited:

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Out: Goldstein
In: pick 17 (dogs)

Play X with CCJ
Backup rookie: Campbell
Developing: Edwards
North VFL: recruit a ruck so Edwards isn't fed to the wolves (worst case scenario).

Dogs are missing a couple of pieces. A ruckman is one of those. Martin is cooked and English isn't ready. Dunkley going to * will give them the points they need for Darcy.

I was one of the posters who wanted to delist Ben Mckay a few years ago.
He just looked out of place in the seniors but great in VFL.
But we persisted and gave him time.
I think X may be the same. He plays a bullocking role. His body needs to fill out fully to be successful at it.
I think I would prefer to keep him. But I also think he would be on thin ice next year, when his contract is up, if he shows no improvement.

Big men generally take longer. I think every now and then we see glimpses of what Xerri might become. We've hopefully done a lot of the hard yards with him and just because the Saints want a ruckman, doesn't mean we should entertain letting him go.

(Unless of course they would take him and Pick 20 38 for their Pick 9.)

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Big men generally take longer. I think every now and then we see glimpses of what Xerri might become. We've hopefully done a lot of the hard yards with him and just because the Saints want a ruckman, doesn't mean we should entertain letting him go.

(Unless of course they would take him and Pick 20 38 for their Pick 9.)
It all comes down to the offer I suppose.
Everyone has a price.
I just hope it is more than we got for Preuss.
Getting another Tyson type would be horrible.

I'm not overly fussed on CCJ and I don't mean to sound crude when I say this......

But for once...just once can we **** a club in the ass over the trade period? As in walk CCJ to pre-season draft.

We've been reemed so many times over the years....even the 2nd rounders for Brown was a robbery.

It's time the shoe was on the other foot.

You have to allow for the fact that CCJ might not want to go into the PSD if avoidable. Crows offered i think a third round pick for Hately last year and they realise what they were going to get wasn't even worth spending time doing a deal so they just let it go via the PSD.

I think Richmond would keep our pick 20, if they could get it, and would prefer to shove off lesser picks to Bulldogs for their pick 17, so they see value in haggling. The danger for them is if they take too long the Dogs might do a deal with someone else, other clubs can come up with the points. Collingwood already has their points for Daicos now.

I agree, we have settled too often for s**t deals, not just previous list managers, but the current mob with Brown, we got done badly.

The club needs to have a good strategy for the PSD pick, like the MSD, it has to be used to bring in value if we are going to improve the list as much as possible. Leveraging it to get a player at a discount and then using it to get another good quality player would make it the ideal scenario. Our trading of recent times hasn't filled me with a lot of confidence though.

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Life is good if you are an honest, hard-working ruckman.

You can stay on a list for years, not play many games and make a nice living for yourself. Usually when they're in their late 20s they get a couple of years of senior footy, some may even get to 100 games in a team with no ruck depth.

Andrew Phillips, Mark Pittonet, Brayden Preuss, John Ceglar, Darcy Cameron, Darcy Fort.
My son is tracking towards 195+ cm.

Hope this trend can continue, tbh.

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
My new favourite line from Richmond fans is "f*** CCJ, he's overrated anyway, Samson Ryan has already gone past him"

Just a quick recap on Ryan's stats from his 1 afl game:
Screenshot_20211004-094714_AFL.jpg

Out: Goldstein
In: pick 17 (dogs)

Play X with CCJ
Backup rookie: Campbell
Developing: Edwards
North VFL: recruit a ruck so Edwards isn't fed to the wolves (worst case scenario).

Dogs are missing a couple of pieces. A ruckman is one of those. Martin is cooked and English isn't ready. Dunkley going to * will give them the points they need for Darcy.

You’re a special kind of stupid if you think the Dogs are giving up pick 17 for Goldstein.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You’re a special kind of stupid if you think the Dogs are giving up pick 17 for Goldstein.
Yeah I’d say it’s highly unlikely

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Start with picks 1, 20, 40 & 72.

1. 2022 3rd pick to Gold Coast for DMac and pick 19.

2. Taz, pick 40 & 2022 4th pick to Richmond for CCJ and pick 47.

3. Picks 47 & 72 to St Kilda for their 2022 3rd pick.

4. Recruit Lynch to the playing / development coach role.

Go to the draft with picks 1, 19 & 20, drafting JHF, Wilmot & Bazzo.

Out: Garner, Tyson, Tarrant, Dumont & Atley. Rookies: Menadue, W Walker, Campbell & Ham.
In: DMac, CCJ, Lynch, JHF, Wilmot, Bazzo and Rookie pick 1.

Leave 1 list spot open for the mid-season draft next year.

Reckon you can package up 2022 R2 + 2022 R3 + 2022 R3 (Saints) into something decent?

Or 2022 R1 + R2 > Richmond for 7 + 15 + CCJ

I dunno? I feel like you haven’t pushed the envelope. This is far too realistic and a real letdown.

******* lift!

LIFT!

Hmmm....

"Hopes the trade that would also see Robbie Tarrant get to Punt Road might proceed smoothly have evaporated."

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Something must have happened

I hope someone at the club figured out Hawks got a 3rd round comp for Smith last year so any idea of moving him for bird seed was not a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back