List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread II - IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the knock on Brander?

Seems the right size and age bracket for us.

Could we trade for CCJ and walk Brander to the PSD?
Knock on brander is size and being more a third tall

decent option but I’d rather Riccardi in the PSD if available, can play either end as that 2nd tall

Yeah. Cheers Taz.

Sad to see him go but I got over it remarkably quickly.
I’ve been to 2 games in 24 months.
We’ve been s**t for over 5 years.
The farewells of club champions fail in comparison to what life’s been like for most of us the past 2 years.
I am very much on the strict opinion that if you aren’t one of us and you jump ship well to hell with you and we move on.

Now more than ever is the time to stick fat and without knowing how the contract negotiations panned out I’ll back the club in on making the right calls.

Sep 4, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Golden State, SF 49ers

decent option but I’d rather Riccardi in the PSD if available, can play either end as that 2nd tall
Size isn't the real issue, it's more he hasn't played to that size yet. Is it cos he can't or hasn't been given the chance? 196 and 92 is decent, close to Taz.

Which end is he better at is the other question. It was the question when he was a junior and it hasn't been answered yet as they have played him on a wing the last couple of years.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Size isn't the real issue, it's more he hasn't played to that size yet. Is it cos he can't or hasn't been given the chance? 196 and 92 is decent, close to Taz.

Which end is he better at is the other question. It was the question when he was a junior and it hasn't been answered yet as they have played him on a wing the last couple of years.

Is he a defender or a forward? * knows, we’ll play the campaigner on a wing.

Firebat

Premium Platinum
Feb 23, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
C's
Is he a defender or a forward? fu** knows, we’ll play the campaigner on a wing.

I think this is the issue at West coast.

He can't replace Allen, Darling or Kennedy in the forward line.

Similarly they prefer Barrass, McGovern and Rotham down back.

He was trialled on the wing and was okay. I think he'd go well in a set position. He'd give us depth forward, and if he was available in the PSD that'd be fantastic for us. He was a 'no' from WCE during the Kelly trade, so he remains highly rated.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Riccardi went well at VFL at CHB this year for gws

agree forward is more his natural position but he can play either end
Yep I followed the vfl stats for my sc.
He had some enormous games in defense.
There is not many options left tbh.
Someone needs to play chb in the vfl this year. We need more than 3.
Better than Walker should be the goal

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
You would want to know what band the move will generate first and if we have any strategy for the PSD pick. If he is paid well enough to trigger a end of round 2 pick then it might be favourable for us to let him go via free agency and trade 38. Even though end of round 2 and pick 38 is only one pick difference, if there are like 5 other end of round 2 compo pick, ours would be the first in line pick whereas 38 would get pushed right to the end.

Not trolling, genuinely interested in the workings of this CCJ, Tarrant scenario. When Ellis left for GC, he was 26yo and paid approx $3m over 5-years. We got end of second round compo - the club was livid given S. Motlop got Geelong end of first round compo the year prior on a similar type deal. No doubt the AFL used their ‘secret herbs and spices’ to screw us as we’d won 2 flags, but given Tarrant is 32yo and will get I assume in the vicinity of $1m over 2-years, I see absolute best case as band 5…. and that would only be with the AFL using similar ‘herbs and spices’ to equalise things as best they can, so no compensation is a chance also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not trolling, genuinely interested in the workings of this CCJ, Tarrant scenario. When Ellis left for GC, he was 26yo and paid approx $3m over 5-years. We got end of second round compo - the club was livid given S. Motlop got Geelong end of first round compo the year prior on a similar type deal. No doubt the AFL used their ‘secret herbs and spices’ to screw us as we’d won 2 flags, but given Tarrant is 32yo and will get I assume in the vicinity of $1m over 2-years, I see absolute best case as band 5…. and that would only be with the AFL using similar ‘herbs and spices’ to equalise things as best they can, so no compensation is a chance also.

Years have literally nothing to do with the compo. It’s average wage with a scaling up for your age.

It’s he player compared to guaranteed money amongst his peers.

So Chol won’t get you much because his contract seems more years than high dollars. Tarrant will get us less on similar money but much older.

He was great. But there’s plenty of guys his age (24) who dominate SANFL. Doesn’t mean they’re going to make the big time. Someone even mentioned we should take him a 20.

He might get a chance as a late pick or rookie, he might not.
Yeah pick 20 is a bit much.

I agree there are plenty of guys around that age or younger who dominate at state league level. I think we need to find one we think we can develop to the level we did with Hunter because it'll be harder to get one who is already in the system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Oh god no

I’ve been to 2 games in 24 months.
We’ve been sh*t for over 5 years.
The farewells of club champions fail in comparison to what life’s been like for most of us the past 2 years.
I am very much on the strict opinion that if you aren’t one of us and you jump ship well to hell with you and we move on.

Now more than ever is the time to stick fat and without knowing how the contract negotiations panned out I’ll back the club in on making the right calls.
Have you decided whether you'll change your BF handle/name yet or too soon?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Fans can’t compare to what the Cats get from the AFL, they are a special case. Their “extras” are headed in the GC and GWS territory.

The Motlop one seemed like a done deal to get Ablett where he wanted, it just happened to be that Motlop was the vehicle they chose to execute it on.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think this is the issue at West coast.

He can't replace Allen, Darling or Kennedy in the forward line.

Similarly they prefer Barrass, McGovern and Rotham down back.

He was trialled on the wing and was okay. I think he'd go well in a set position. He'd give us depth forward, and if he was available in the PSD that'd be fantastic for us. He was a 'no' from WCE during the Kelly trade, so he remains highly rated.

Talking of rotham, is he out of contract or was meant to be re-signing or is he avail? He was highly regarded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back