Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won’t get him but Wardlaw is a jet. He was the BOG I’d say. Ashcroft was very good, Tsatas good. So much talent this year. Sheezel I want. Reminds me of Rachele from last years crop as the fwd who will be a mid.

Wardlaw BOG to me today, just an absolute beast in the contest. Took a while to get into it but as soon as he was put in the guts, he dominated. Hits opponents like a bullet when he tackles them, had multiple chase down tackles showing off his speed. If the opponent is in reach, he'll make the tackle. One thing that surprised me about his game was his aerial ability. He flew for marks quite a bit and took a screamer late in the game on a pack. Number 1 prospect imo thus far.

Sheezel was quite today but didn't really do anything wrong. Only blunder was getting run down from behind and pinned for holding the ball. When he did get possession he looked composed and clean with his disposals, didn't really have many marking contests but Is strong in the air. He would've had a much better game had the ball not been in the middle of the ground so much.

Munkara is someone I've been a fan of since last year and he showed some great flashes today. He just understands the movement of the footy so well, one play the ball is being juggled around the contest and he continues to touch the ball to his advantage until he can run onto it. His movement through traffic is also elite, he moves like a small forward but has strength and height to support him. Had a couple fend off's today, one in particular where the defender completely wrapped him up but he still managed to toss him to the ground and almost snap a goal from the deep pocket. I really think he could be elite at the next level and would love him for our second or maybe even first if he has a strong showing at nationals.

Busslinger I thought was great although pretty quiet. He's just so good at shutting his opponent down that he doesn't get too much attention. Spoiling is elite.

As for the key forwards, none really impressed today. Lemmey was almost non existent and scully had a good game at ground level but in the air didn't dominate. I actually thought Jefferson was the best key forward, routinely getting into open space for marks.

Tsatas was disappointing, he had little impact. Just no contested ball winning shown, sometimes shying out of contests entirely. Disposal was clean though.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Munkara was brilliant today, in my opinion. He was oozing
Wardlaw BOG to me today, just an absolute beast in the contest. Took a while to get into it but as soon as he was put in the guts, he dominated. Hits opponents like a bullet when he tackles them, had multiple chase down tackles showing off his speed. If the opponent is in reach, he'll make the tackle. One thing that surprised me about his game was his aerial ability. He flew for marks quite a bit and took a screamer late in the game on a pack. Number 1 prospect imo thus far.

Sheezel was quite today but didn't really do anything wrong. Only blunder was getting run down from behind and pinned for holding the ball. When he did get possession he looked composed and clean with his disposals, didn't really have many marking contests but Is strong in the air. He would've had a much better game had the ball not been in the middle of the ground so much.

Munkara is someone I've been a fan of since last year and he showed some great flashes today. He just understands the movement of the footy so well, one play the ball is being juggled around the contest and he continues to touch the ball to his advantage until he can run onto it. His movement through traffic is also elite, he moves like a small forward but has strength and height to support him. Had a couple fend off's today, one in particular where the defender completely wrapped him up but he still managed to toss him to the ground and almost snap a goal from the deep pocket. I really think he could be elite at the next level and would love him for our second or maybe even first if he has a strong showing at nationals.

Busslinger I thought was great although pretty quiet. He's just so good at shutting his opponent down that he doesn't get too much attention. Spoiling is elite.

As for the key forwards, none really impressed today. Lemmey was almost non existent and scully had a good game at ground level but in the air didn't dominate. I actually thought Jefferson was the best key forward, routinely getting into open space for marks.

Tsatas was disappointing, he had little impact. Just no contested ball winning shown, sometimes shying out of contests entirely. Disposal was clean though.

Munkara was tremendous today, oozing with class and talent. As KingJiath said above, he showed today that he has a great understanding of the movement of the footy. He's like a small forward in a 190cm body. Quite a unique talent it seems. Munkara, Adam D'Aloia and Cam McKenzie would be the ones I would consider for our second pick.

We won’t get him but Wardlaw is a jet. He was the BOG I’d say. Ashcroft was very good, Tsatas good. So much talent this year. Sheezel I want. Reminds me of Rachele from last years crop as the fwd who will be a mid.

Yep, Wardlaw’s second half pushed him up to BOG for the academy. Played in the forward line in the first and was quieter, but exploded in the third.

Thought Sheezel was underwhelming. Maybe it was the forward entries, but didn’t do a whole lot, and when he had it, wasn’t that impressive.

D’Aloia was great in the first half but faded. More than just a clearance machine.

Hustwaite did some great things. Liked him more than Busslinger.

Szybkowski was super impressive in tight. Hands are great, and a solid kid.

Clark was as strong in the second half, but was still second BOG for mine. Has poise, vision and executes on both feet well. Will be top10 at the EOY, perhaps top 5.

Scully reminds me of Liam McBean. Not sure on his conversation to AFL. Even tried to be front and centre during a pack mark. And ran under it on occasion. Need more contest from an AFL forward. Doesn’t have strong potential for ruck.

Lemmey underwhelming, expected more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep, Wardlaw’s second half pushed him up to BOG for the academy. Played in the forward line in the first and was quieter, but exploded in the third.

Thought Sheezel was underwhelming. Maybe it was the forward entries, but didn’t do a whole lot, and when he had it, wasn’t that impressive.

D’Aloia was great in the first half but faded. More than just a clearance machine.

Hustwaite did some great things. Liked him more than Busslinger.

Szybkowski was super impressive in tight. Hands are great, and a solid kid.

Clark was as strong in the second half, but was still second BOG for mine. Has poise, vision and executes on both feet well. Will be top10 at the EOY, perhaps top 5.

Scully reminds me of Liam McBean. Not sure on his conversation to AFL. Even tried to be front and centre during a pack mark. And ran under it on occasion. Need more contest from an AFL forward. Doesn’t have strong potential for ruck.

Lemmey underwhelming, expected more.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ashcroft was pretty consistently good all day so he’s my 2nd. Clark third.

Sheezel was getting some shocking delivery at times. Besides a run down he used the footy well and made something happen.

Great write up cheers, who was keeping the big forwards quiet?

Great write up cheers, who was keeping the big forwards quiet?
No one could really stop Scully from getting his hands to the ball, his problem was just sticking the mark. With pretty much every contest he was in he either positioned himself poorly and the mark went over his head, or he'd out reach everyone else but he wasn't strong enough to bring it down. A few times the ball would be kicked to him, he'd out reach the pack by quite a bit, get two hands on the ball but I was not once confident he would bring it down. That being said, he didn't get a whole lot of kicks his way, and of those kicks, not many of them were great. He definitely needs to put on a bit of weight and build up his upper body strength if he wants to make it at the next level.

To be honest I have no idea what was happening with Lemmey, it wasn't like he was doing a lot wrong, he was just rarely near the ball. Not sure how much time he had on the ground but I saw very little of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back