Player Watch 2022 AFL National Draft Discussion - read the pinned post

Who will you be happy with Hawthorn selecting with their first pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
National AFL draft Monday November 28(first round only).
All other selections to be held on Tuesday November 29.
The pre-season and rookie drafts will then take place at 3pm (AEST) on Wednesday November 30.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What players might we target with our 2nd pick? Ie who’s this years McDonald/butler? Ie Bailey Humphrey, Reuben Ginbey or Ollie Hotton (if still available)?

Davo-27 Do you believe there is anything to read into Kai Windsor getting a game at Box Hill? (I know it didn't necessarily mean we were keen on Sonsie last year).

Does he have a draft range in your opinion? Haven't found too much information on him but thought he had some nice moments in his VFL debut.

What players might we target with our 2nd pick? Ie who’s this years McDonald/butler? Ie Bailey Humphrey, Reuben Ginbey or Ollie Hotton (if still available)?

Wouldn't be surprised if we see some of the highly rated KPF slide to our pick. A Scully or a Lemmey.

I know it has been mentioned b4, even by me, but it is incredibly disappointing with the lack of Draft information and podcasts that are available. If I had the time i'd start a podcast as there is a massive gap in the market. The NFL gets fans excited with loads of articles, tv programs, podcasts etc...
The AFL is still very junior in this area!

I watched some baselinefooty highlights of the big sheeze, jeez, some of his feints/dummies/shiftiness with ball-in-hand was matrix level. Reminded me of watching Nick Daicos run rings around us this year when no one could lay a glove on him.

Davo-27 Do you believe there is anything to read into Kai Windsor getting a game at Box Hill? (I know it didn't necessarily mean we were keen on Sonsie last year).

Does he have a draft range in your opinion? Haven't found too much information on him but thought he had some nice moments in his VFL debut.
someone earlier in the year said we were into Kai Windsor and then a few weeks later he plays for Box Hill, he would be a later pick in the draft imo.

How do we evaluate Tsatas given his injury run?
Kid had all the talent in the world last year, but has been likened to Sinn by some here and that alarms me.

Kid had all the talent in the world last year, but has been likened to Sinn by some here and that alarms me.
I read on the draft board. It might have been eDPS that he actually won a fair chunk of clearances as a CBA mid. Might just need to adapt to the physical and defensive side of AFL footy. He has a high ceiling based on athletic traits and ball finding ability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldnt say they're similar at all, sinn is a half back flanker. He barely averaged 20 possessions a game at under 18 level when he was played through the middle last year.

I read on the draft board. It might have been eDPS that he actually won a fair chunk of clearances as a CBA mid. Might just need to adapt to the physical and defensive side of AFL footy. He has a high ceiling based on athletic traits and ball finding ability
Pretty sure he was averaging 9 clearances a game, only playing 1 quarter a game as a inside mid as well. Pretty impressive

Bailey Humphrey looks the goods. I don't see him falling to our second pick though.

Size and output reminds me a lot of Luke Parker. Strong, explosive mid who can kick bags of goals when pushing forward.

If we hypothetically snagged a pick in the teens and walked away with Cadman, Humphrey and Hotton I'd be doing cartwheels. Would address needs and add more exciting talent with massive upside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back