Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is, are you picking him?
Crouch's game changed in the 2nd half of Nicks 1st year ....after Nicks dropped him

Went from "crabbing" balls sideways 15 mtrs, handballing teammates into trouble, to playing a far more direct game and kicking longer

His Fantasy scoring reflected this change .....if Crouch is named R1, he'll be in my side .....just great value at his price

What's the upside in Maynard if you don't mind me asking?
Training with the midfield this pre-season. Easy swap to Ridley, Bowes etc. if his midfield time doesn't eventuate. Pendles injured, JDG banned from the club and Sidey slowing down - I think he has a pretty good chance of playing midfield next year.

Everyone should be including Oliver - as I'm currently 1k short of getting him in my side.....

History tells us, this is a sign from the gods.

I'll let you know when I've found the 1k and you can safely remove him....

Actually happy with this till PS games start ....Rookie availability will determine changes to structure & last fill spot

Given Covid issues of potential players missing games .....want as many DPP players as possible & still need a mid rookie to complete the DEF / MID loop options

7 on-field Rookies :whitecheck: .....Port drafted Sam Skinner to play him, not as depth .....with his DEF/FWD status makes the perfect uitilty player

Queries :
M.Crouch versus Dunkley
Maynard ....does he play midfield this year
Do I need to boost F4 ? ....again Rookie availability will determine

View attachment 1301163
I'd go Walsh > JHF/Ward, Heeney > Duncan/Dunkley and F4 > Cogs/T Thomas

3 rooks in mids and spending more up fwd is the way to go I reckon

I'd go Walsh > JHF/Ward, Heeney > Duncan/Dunkley and F4 > Cogs/T Thomas

3 rooks in mids and spending more up fwd is the way to go I reckon
Thanks for that feedback .....IMO JHF isn't a great Fantasy player ....Daicos / Ward are!, due to being high possession getters

Dunkley's still a possibility to replace Crouch .....Walsh, my rationale is he'll outscore Duncan, likely to go to another level this year

One of COGS / Tarranto is going to be stuck as Greene's small fwd replacement .....so that's a look & see

Heeney I agree, not in Fantasy .....and also 3 rookies in the midfield makes sense .....it was simply that Crouch was SO CHEAP

My problem is lack of $$$$ ....your suggestions are all great, and Duncan early season would be a win, if I can keep Walsh :think:

Thanks for that feedback .....IMO JHF isn't a great Fantasy player ....Daicos / Ward are!, due to being high possession getters

Dunkley's still a possibility to replace Crouch .....Walsh, my rationale is he'll outscore Duncan, likely to go to another level this year

One of COGS / Tarranto is going to be stuck as Greene's small fwd replacement .....so that's a look & see

Heeney I agree, not in Fantasy .....and also 3 rookies in the midfield makes sense .....it was simply that Crouch was SO CHEAP

My problem is lack of $$$$ ....your suggestions are all great, and Duncan early season would be a win, if I can keep Walsh :think:
My thinking on the Walsh v Duncan dilemma is you'll need to upgrade to Duncan eventually as a FWD but you won't necessarily need to upgrade to Walsh as a MID. Usually a guarantee to be fallen gun mid upgrade options given how many there are, but for a forward upgrade you're hoping one of a select few will drop

Also think Walsh will outscore Duncan so it's a great debate. I always like starting those top 6 def/fwds that everyone will be chasing down the line

My thinking on the Walsh v Duncan dilemma is you'll need to upgrade to Duncan eventually as a FWD but you won't necessarily need to upgrade to Walsh as a MID. Usually a guarantee to be fallen gun mid upgrade options given how many there are, but for a forward upgrade you're hoping one of a select few will drop

Also think Walsh will outscore Duncan so it's a great debate. I always like starting those top 6 def/fwds that everyone will be chasing down the line
My thinking with Duncan is he's likely to start the season with a bang whilst he's fresh .....but at 31 YO next season, can see him tapering off

He's still proven to be just a 100+ player, in recent seasons .....and he's still a bit expensive for that ave ....yes understand the ave last year was injury affected, but I can see that happening again too

I'm talking myself into starting him :) ......but not looking at him as a keeper ??

1640239475273.png

My thinking with Duncan is he's likely to start the season with a bang whilst he's fresh .....but at 31 YO next season, can see him tapering off

He's still proven to be just a 100+ player, in recent seasons .....and he's still a bit expensive for that ave ....yes understand the ave last year was injury affected, but I can see that happening again too

I'm talking myself into starting him :) ......but not looking at him as a keeper ??

View attachment 1301385
looks even better when you divide the 2020 ave by 0.8 due to the coronaball rules!

Mitch Duncan would be close to being a Top 8 mid, let alone a forward...
One of the easiest selections this year in my view.

Seconded. No secret, he's my fave fantasy player, and now I get to just shoehorn him into the forward line - no brainer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been a while since i have been here, had to dip out near the end of last season due to family issues.

Anyway thought i would pop in and make team 1 of 1 trillion before round 1

View attachment 1301522

As all ways Rookies are place holders

Edit: For some reason i have Cerra instead of Serong
I like it, love the rucks as well. Wouldn't recommend Worpel personally, our midfield is going to be a very big watch early this season.

Been a while since i have been here, had to dip out near the end of last season due to family issues.

Anyway thought i would pop in and make team 1 of 1 trillion before round 1

View attachment 1301522

As all ways Rookies are place holders

Edit: For some reason i have Cerra instead of Serong

Good to see you back mate !!!

I know there’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before round 1, and it’s a changing situation daily etc, but anyone not keen to load up on 1 particular team with Covid causing chaos? Noticing a lot of Macrae, Treloar, Dunkley teams around, all great picks in isolation, but if Covid sweeps through the Dogs camp it could be trouble

I know there’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before round 1, and it’s a changing situation daily etc, but anyone not keen to load up on 1 particular team with Covid causing chaos? Noticing a lot of Macrae, Treloar, Dunkley teams around, all great picks in isolation, but if Covid sweeps through the Dogs camp it could be trouble
Chaos is the word. The premier league soccer fantasy game in the UK is far from fun to play with all the covid dodging that is going on at the moment.

Tell me more on hawks midfield
Honestly don’t think anyone has a clue how we will shape up.

On paper Mitchell, O’meara, Worpel is a solid group and if you add Wingard that should be a competitive group. But we have been one of the worst performing midfield groups for years.

We added Ward, MacDonald and Long all as mids through the draft and we will be looking to pump games in to them.

Add in the younger mids like Newcombe and Finn that should be looking for more opportunity as well.

Now here is where the problem lies, Mitchell, O’meara and Worpel are all way too good not to be playing seniors, but we need to be getting games in to that next group. The senior players also lack a second position to play outside of Wingard.

Does Tom, Jom or Worpel spend more time forward? Do the rookies spend more time forward? How many of them get a game early?

I find it really hard to project what our main midfield rotation is going to look like early next year.

Chaos is the word. The premier league soccer fantasy game in the UK is far from fun to play with all the covid dodging that is going on at the moment.
Yep, I’ve pretty much pulled the pin on EPL and NBA fantasy, just way too hard to keep up with and not fun

That’s what I’m saying about losing up on a team like the Dogs, it could be trouble if there’s a case. We know Treloar and Dunkley are inseparable, so if one gets it, the other will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back