No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ur about 7yrs late with that take :)

Haha yeah it wasn't intended as a particularly hot take or anything. Just Walker's RS nomination kinda reminded me, cause I saw all the comments on social media saying how amazing Fremantle's recruiting has been (to be fair I actually have really rated their recruiting) but compared it with the comments whenever any of our kids got RS nominations. Then it became all about the academy, even for our non-academy kids.

The exception of course was McDonald's nomination a few weeks ago, but that was only because everyone was too focused on North and their non-selection of him.

Haha yeah it wasn't intended as a particularly hot take or anything. Just Walker's RS nomination kinda reminded me, cause I saw all the comments on social media saying how amazing Fremantle's recruiting has been (to be fair I actually have really rated their recruiting) but compared it with the comments whenever any of our kids got RS nominations. Then it became all about the academy, even for our non-academy kids.

The exception of course was McDonald's nomination a few weeks ago, but that was only because everyone was too focused on North and their non-selection of him.

Started with Heeney way back in 2015 props up everytime a academy player has a rising star nomination.

Its deliberate and instructed Eddie started it way back and its just continued on.

Football dept cap extended by $500k, which is still far short of bringing dept spend back to pre-covid amounts

I'm from Perth. Been maced in a street fight near Ambar and jumped by 5 dudes in northbridge outside (back then) black betties. Thankfully never glassed before they had to switch to plastic.

That's a s**t experience. Though that's standard for Ambar I'd have thought from things I have heard.

Stiill, I know more people who do coke than anything else, including weed and I'm a pothead.

I also know people who have been in the AFL and know firsthand the blokes at certain clubs who do and don't do drugs. It doesn't sound like it's widespread. I feel like the lifestyle of AFL players is glorified beyond what it actually is.

I will never understand the Vic private school obsession.
From 2006;
Yesterday The Age reported that Haileybury had poached an entire elite girls' volleyball team from a nearby government school on scholarships worth up to $18,000 a year and had denuded another school of seven top players, forcing a champion year 9 side to be disbanded.

Readers have told The Age that the school, in Keysborough, is also offering scholarships to bagpipe players to beef up its pipe and drum band, and that in the first XVIII senior football team, "every member was brought into the school on a sporting scholarship".

Volleyball players, football players and erm bagpipe players.

Let's face it nothing to do with offering opportunities to kids and all about allowing the private schools to boast about their sporting prowess (and the magnificence of their pipe and drum band).

I've always found it ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's face it nothing to do with offering opportunities to kids and all about allowing the private schools to boast about their sporting prowess (and the magnificence of their pipe and drum band).

I've always found it ridiculous.
No, it's about money... attracting parents who are willing to pay big dollars to enable their children to get an excellent education in both academia and sports. Most of them will have music too.

But it's about money.

First-year Saint Josiah Kyle has parted ways with the St Kilda Football Club, Zero Hanger has confirmed.

Hardly big news, I know, but with more awareness of mental health, it's good to see a young bloke recognising that the professional footy environment was not for him and leaving a good wedge of cash ($85k is the rookie salary) for an 18yo on the table, as he prioritises his wellbeing and life outside the AFL.

Hardly big news, I know, but with more awareness of mental health, it's good to see a young bloke recognising that the professional footy environment was not for him and leaving a good wedge of cash ($85k is the rookie salary) for an 18yo on the table, as he prioritises his wellbeing and life outside the AFL.
HE HAS SIGNED WITH DOVETON IN AN ORDINARY COMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back