No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to take Kool-Aid off the shelves

We have seen Norf and fans convince itself that what it wants is what will happen. Usually this is about big fish players but this time it is Clarko.

If Clarko goes to GWS the whole Norf Board will explode.
I promise you he's NOT going interstate

I promise you he's NOT going interstate

Yep. Has a farm and all sorts of interests here. He may have used GWS as a device to drive up the price. I suspect Norf would be his least favoured Vic option but it may be the only one he has unless there have been calls from the Donnies or the Tainted.

Norf has offered the 5 years probably at circa $1.5M pa. I find Norf's approach of publicising everything they do to be both unseemly and bizarre.

By comparison, GWS has been very quiet. All that is known is Clarko has met with them 4 times, the last of which involved a Clarko presentation.

Arden St. - where talent goes to die.
Circumstances are different. GWS interviewing a number of coaches, whilst Norf have gone all in on Clarko.

I'm keen to see how or if Clarko changes Norf's leak like a sieve problem - its atrocious.

Yep. Has a farm and all sorts of interests here. He may have used GWS as a device to drive up the price. I suspect Norf would be his least favoured Vic option but it may be the only one he has unless there have been calls from the Donnies or the Tainted.
No farm ,it's a brand new shack on the road to the National GC and renovating his house in Braahton

Tigers are looking pretty ominous. Reckon they might do some damage in the finals?
Only if they stay in Victoria and avoid Geelong

It's hilarious to me that the coach Essendon introduced via this carefully thought-out succession plan is now being given the sack two years later.
Yeah it's becoming apparent their coaches haven't been the main issue all this time. They're a dinosaur of a club who still think it's the 1990's.

They need to overhaul their administration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rutten's sacking was a serious overreaction, that list is not very good, and if anything, they overperformed last year, which has put undue pressure on Rutten.

Surely they're throwing all their eggs in the Clarko basket, and hopefully will end up with said egg on their faces.

Rutten's sacking was a serious overreaction, that list is not very good, and if anything, they overperformed last year, which has put undue pressure on Rutten.

Surely they're throwing all their eggs in the Clarko basket, and hopefully will end up with said egg on their faces.

A lot of clubs over and under performed over the last two years in the COVID seasons.

I’m thinking it’s confirmed and that brought on the sudden sacking.

The schadenfreude if Essendon swoops in and denies norf getting Clarko would be so much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The schadenfreude if Essendon swoops in and denies norf getting Clarko would be so much fun.

Not like it would be the first time Norf offered HUGE $$$ only to be flatly rejected.

Clarko - the human chaos ball convincing clubs to sack their coaches left and right.

How many can he convince?
If we were 7-14 and sitting in the bottom 4, Longmire would be looking nervously shoulder. However, in saying that the club seems well run and wouldn’t go down that path. Sack the coach in the hope of getting Clarkson seems a huge punt.

Aaand apparently he’s not sacked…

Lol who even knows what to think anymore.

My predictor has:
Swans being St Kilda
Brisbane beating Melbourne
Collingwood beating Carlton
Dogs beating Hawthorn
Freo beating GWS

Week 1:
Geelong v Collingwood
Sydney v Brisbane
Fremantle v Bulldogs
Melbourne v Richmond

Week 2:
Collingwood v Fremantle
Brisbane v Melbourne

Week 3:
Geelong v Brisbane
Sydney v Fremantle

Week 4:
Geelong v Sydney

Geez. If we could meet Freo in a prelim, what a dream.

My predictor has:
Swans being St Kilda
Brisbane beating Melbourne
Collingwood beating Carlton
Dogs beating Hawthorn
Freo beating GWS

Week 1:
Geelong v Collingwood
Sydney v Brisbane
Fremantle v Bulldogs
Melbourne v Richmond

Week 2:
Collingwood v Fremantle
Brisbane v Melbourne

Week 3:
Geelong v Brisbane
Sydney v Fremantle

Week 4:
Geelong v Sydney

Geez. If we could meet Freo in a prelim, what a dream.
I’m pretty sure Carlton will beat Collingwood.

The Pies bubble has burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back