No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted the Cripps appeal failed. Two weeks was IMO light.

I’ve seen one of my friends struggle for the better part of 6 months (no ability to exercise, concentrate at work, get headaches, etc.) after sustaining a second concussion at footy training earlier this year.

I’m really not sure why bumps inflicting concussion aren’t graded as severe impact. Should’ve been three weeks imo.

I’ve seen one of my friends struggle for the better part of 6 months (no ability to exercise, concentrate at work, get headaches, etc.) after sustaining a second concussion at footy training earlier this year.

I’m really not sure why bumps inflicting concussion aren’t graded as severe impact. Should’ve been three weeks imo.
I have to confess, when I first saw it, I didn’t think Cripps did much wrong - looked like his initial intent was going the ball, but got there a bit late and then made the mistake of leaving the ground.

I don’t think it was malicious, but the duty of care element demanded a suspension. Correct call in my opinion.

Sad news on the passing of Jim Main

This is very sad news indeed.

I appreciate that many posters would ask “who?” but during a time when any recognition of the Swans was very hard to find in the Victorian dominated media, Main could always be relied on to say something about the club. I always enjoyed his column in ‘Inside Football’ and his books were great reads.

RIP, Jim

This is very sad news indeed.

I appreciate that many posters would ask “who?” but during a time when any recognition of the Swans was very hard to find in the Victorian dominated media, Main could always be relied on to say something about the club. I always enjoyed his column in ‘Inside Football’ and his books were great reads.

RIP, Jim

I grew up reading that magazine and Main was one of the reasons I would get it every week. He always gave the Swans a mention and gave us credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rumour about GWS playing at Allianz bedders was talking about is clearly about them potentially playing games at the SCG.

Until GWS start producing real local players ie from western Sydney, they will struggle to:
a) retain players
b) genuinely engage with the locals such that they jump onboard
Name a player at GWS who a kid from Rooty Hill can aspire to follow their journey? Ironically, the first western Sydney local to play AFL is now de-listed and playing in our VFL team (Shipley). Their academy graduates are all predominantly from Canberra and the Riverina, very far removed and I suspect socially different from the supporter base they are aiming to capture in western Sydney.

Until they have a Heeney, Mills, Blakey, Campbell or Gulden equivalent, they are going to struggle on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies want to pay opposition clubs 300k/year of Grundy’s salary to take him off their hands.

Added to Treloar, Collingwood is becoming quite the ATM.
I don't even know how that is even an option for them, after the fire sale, and paying some of treloars salary, to be paying another 300k on top for the next 7 years, Damn, they're in a bit of a hole atm.

Pies want to pay opposition clubs 300k/year of Grundy’s salary to take him off their hands.

Added to Treloar, Collingwood is becoming quite the ATM.
I just liked McGuire on 9 news tonight suggesting that Collingwood really need him but he might need to take a cut. WTF? You signed a contract, how the * would they be able to renegotiate a lower contract? If I was the AFL integrity officer, I'd be watching that situation like a ******* hawk.

I just liked McGuire on 9 news tonight suggesting that Collingwood really need him but he might need to take a cut. WTF? You signed a contract, how the * would they be able to renegotiate a lower contract? If I was the AFL integrity officer, I'd be watching that situation like a ******* hawk.
Just goes to show that you
1. Do not overpay for rucks. Some of the best have been rookies
2. Do not over pay for mids. These guys are a dime a dozen. You can get some every year in the draft. If you are shrewd.
3. Can overpay for key forwards. These guys are rarer.
4. Do not have to worryto much about backs as are mostly failed mids/forwards.
5. KPDs are rare. Make up your own rules here.

I find it insane that the Pies are willing to pay Grundy to play for someone else.

He's still one of the best rucks in the comp and I'm not all that convinced Cameron is that star Pies fans make him out to be.

Melbourne have shown you can easily play with 2 rucks in the same team and Collingwood have a similar makeup especially as they have no FF.

Another great article by Cody Atkinson and Sean Lawson
the clutch players of the AFL
Franklin 17% and Heeney 14% our scorers in last quarter - I like that we do not have dominant scorers
Luke:
2022 Parker 1st poss.jpg

However, just like a coin can land on heads 10 times in a row, a team can win 10 close games in a row.

It's also true that a coin that lands on heads 10 times in a row is no more or less likely to land on heads at the 11th toss.

Norf has dropped Horne-Francis for their away game v Adelaide. JHF did not even make the Emergencies and will play Ressies here. This will the 3rd Norf game v SA Clubs - JHF has not played in one of them!

Koch has just confirmed Hinkley will coach Port next year. The Port Board has gone off its trolley.

Norf has dropped Horne-Francis for their away game v Adelaide. JHF did not even make the Emergencies and will play Ressies here. This will the 3rd Norf game v SA Clubs - JHF has not played in one of them!

Koch has just confirmed Hinkley will coach Port next year. The Port Board has gone off its trolley.
Was it really “confirmed”, or was it “Ken has the full support of the board”?

Either way, it’s fun to watch the epic melts on the Port boards. You could almost sell tickets to it & get a bigger crowd than a GWS vs Norf game.

Gotta admire their creativity in naming threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back