No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grew up reading that magazine and Main was one of the reasons I would get it every week. He always gave the Swans a mention and gave us credit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly the same .. bought many an Inside Football mag back in the 80s & 90s living in Vic, mainly for Jim's totally biased Swans columns.
Seldom were articles on the Swans in Herald Suns etc once we went North.

I held onto a few copies from '96 thinking they'd be a good keepsake after we won the flag (Hmm) . I'll have to dig them out sometime and post a few of Jim's great articles here.

As an unofficial member of the "actively rooting for Fremantle to no longer be a disaster", I cannot endorse their interest in recruiting Elliott Himmelberg. He ain't it. They need to go all out for a genuine A grade key forward. Not a speculative, average player like Himmelberg; not a kinda-ruck-kinda-forward like Jackson. I realise such players aren't easy to find, but IMO these guys aren't the answers.

Whateley referred to West Coast's flag-winning era as their "drug-fuelled era"

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation
Well it is true

Lions player misses a week because of the concussion rules while Cripps gets off. Seems fair and reasonable.

He didn't get off neccessarily because of his actions.
He got off because it sounds like the tribunal ****ed up the first time round and basically didn't follow the correct legal processes.

Basically it ended up all being thrown out because of that.

He didn't get off neccessarily because of his actions.
He got off because it sounds like the tribunal *ed up the first time round and basically didn't follow the correct legal processes.

Basically it ended up all being thrown out because of that.
No offence to any lawyers but geez I can't stand them when they get guilty people off on technicalities..............

A joke but in all honesty a decision that could help us, so I’m not mad.

Was thinking the same . I don't know why the hate on Hinkley , i reckon he can coach , might just have to change the assistants like Sheeds used to and Dimma has as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess Horne Francis is taking a one way ticket out of that poor club. Omitting him for a game in front of his friends and family in his home town is yet another poor decision in a long list of poor decisions.
Every time I read about JHF I have a quiet chuckle that we took the guy who smashed him.

I guess Horne Francis is taking a one way ticket out of that poor club. Omitting him for a game in front of his friends and family in his home town is yet another poor decision in a long list of poor decisions.

JHF was abysmal last week

Time to take Kool-Aid off the shelves

We have seen Norf and fans convince itself that what it wants is what will happen. Usually this is about big fish players but this time it is Clarko.

If Clarko goes to GWS the whole Norf Board will explode.

Time to take Kool-Aid off the shelves

We have seen Norf and fans convince itself that what it wants is what will happen. Usually this is about big fish players but this time it is Clarko.

If Clarko goes to GWS the whole Norf Board will explode.
All signs pointing for Clarko will be coaching North, which I believe to be true.

Thought Clarke wanted a team close to a premiership ? Not that I think that GWS are either but North are at least three years from looking at finals even if everything falls into place.

Geez reading this board, you wouldn't think we had three top 5 picks all in the VFL at times this year in their second and third seasons.

Do you seriously not see the difference between the two situations? Really? Because it’s night and day.

Do you seriously not see the difference between the two situations? Really? Because it’s night and day.

People talk about him like he's a dud, but he's a 19 year old kid who has played 16 games in a garbage side.

If the measure for a dud is being back in the VFL by your first year, then what are Stephens, Campbell & McDonald?

We would and have preached patience with them, but Horne-Francis shouldn't get it? It just feels like people want to see him fail.

Max King tonight: 0.5

Max King next week: 5.0

Thought Clarke wanted a team close to a premiership ? Not that I think that GWS are either but North are at least three years from looking at finals even if everything falls into place.
North are giving him the time it seems, if he gets a 5 year deal that should be time enough.

North are giving him the time it seems, if he gets a 5 year deal that should be time enough.

Norf has offered the 5 years probably at circa $1.5M pa. I find Norf's approach of publicising everything they do to be both unseemly and bizarre.

By comparison, GWS has been very quiet. All that is known is Clarko has met with them 4 times, the last of which involved a Clarko presentation.

Arden St. - where talent goes to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back