List Mgmt. 2022 GWS GIANTS List Management (Trade/ Free Agency/ Draft/ Academy)

Remove this Banner Ad

That top three of Cadman, Hollands and Konstanaty would be my no 1 draft option too.
The future first from Geelong would make sense.
I'm fascinated in what the Hopper/Taranto deal looks like. I guess we need to wait and see what else they can bring in picks wise from Graham.
If we have Collingwood future 2nd and Geelongs future first...there will be some death riding.
I'm really happy that we are targeting Bedford. He's lightning quick...

4- Cadman
13- Hollands (ideal target might need some luck)
21- Konstanty
26- Charle Clarke

Hoping Geelong's pick for Bruhn is a future first and not 18 (19) this year

Going hard to fix this forward line, Cadman the future KPF on the team, Konstanty and Clarke both complimentary 2 ways smalls that might be able to compete year 1 for spots, seems like this is right on the edge of whether Hollands would be avaliable at that pick but if he's there I think it's almost a no brainer, compliments this midfield group well.
Also depends if we have any luck with getting Toby Bedford.

That top three of Cadman, Hollands and Konstanaty would be my no 1 draft option too.
I'm fascinated in what the Hopper/Taranto deal looks like. I guess we need to wait and see what else they can bring in picks wise from Graham.
If we have Collingwood future 2nd and Geelongs future first...there will be some death riding.
Im excited for Bedford as well but he hasn't exactly shown much at the AFL level, if he can be best 22 for us as a contributing small forward thats a huge win I think but realistically he's probably going to be playing because we have no other options and then once prospects develop and overtake him I don't think he's playing much.

Think we get everything of value they have, this years first and next years, their second and north's second and probably the Graham compensation which might be a second rounder.
12, 19, 30, mid 20's port pick plus future 1st

On Trade Radio Harry Sheezel saying his spoken to us and the hawks twice and a few other clubs once.
I think Sheezel is a really handy player. North should go for him or Wardlaw. Cadman is obviously the fav for a lot of people coz he's a key forward...but Sheezel could play quickly and have an impact. Could learn from Toby Greene too.

Think we get everything of value they have, this years first and next years, their second and north's second and probably the Graham compensation which might be a second rounder.
12, 19, 30, mid 20's port pick plus future 1st
I was thinking #12, #19, Richmond's future first & Port's future second (traded for Graham) is probably a neat solution. We don't really need #30 this year (on top of the rest), and it leaves them with some access to this year's draft.

If we get Geelong's future first for Bruhn (no Ratugolea please!) and Collingwood's future second for Bobby (might need us sending one of our 2022 picks in the 50s to them), that leaves us well placed both years.

2022: #3, #12, #19, #21, #39, one of the 50s picks ... 4 picks inside the top 25 plus either Harry Rowston or a more speculative type. If we get Bedford, we don't need those later picks.
2023: 1 x future first extra (Geelong, so will be late) & 2 x future seconds extra (Port [mid-round] & Collingwood [mid to late round])

I'm still very much in a place where I'm happy to take who Norths & Eagles don't out of Cadman, Sheezel & Wardlaw. Any of them could be outstanding for us (or conversely, not work out, but that's a risk on every draftee).

I was thinking #12, #19, Richmond's future first & Port's future second (traded for Graham) is probably a neat solution. We don't really need #30 this year (on top of the rest), and it leaves them with some access to this year's draft.

If we get Geelong's future first for Bruhn (no Ratagolea please!) and Collingwood's future second for Bobby (might need us sending one of our 2022 picks in the 50s to them), that leaves us well placed both years.

2022: #3, #12, #19, #21, #39, one of the 50s picks ... 4 picks inside the top 25 plus either Harry Rowston or a more speculative type. If we get Bedford, we don't need those later picks.
2023: 1 x future first extra (Geelong, so will be late) & 2 x future seconds extra (Port [mid-round] & Collingwood [mid to late round])

I'm still very much in a place where I'm happy to take who Norths & Eagles don't out of Cadman, Sheezel & Wardlaw. Any of them could be outstanding for us (or conversely, not work out, but that's a risk on every draftee).
would be 2 extra firsts next year in this scenario (Richmond and Geelong)

To go with 2 extra seconds.

6 picks in the first 2 rounds would be excellent hand to take in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Geelong's future first for Bruhn (no Ratagolea please!) and Collingwood's future second for Bobby (might need us sending one of our 2022 picks in the 50s to them), that leaves us well placed both years.

Yeah I thought about it a bit more and think it's probably either the port pick or 30 from Richmond, both would be neat but 1 is fine

And Richmonds future 1st which will most likely be gone to GWS for Hopper

You guys are going to own next years draft

Port Adelaide getting Pick 27 compensation for Amon moving to Hawthorn which is good for us, and does not effect our current selections nor the likely picks received for Taranto, Hopper, Bruhn.

Maybe !!!

If they had gotten end of 1st round then traded it to Richmond for Graham then that could have been included in the Taranto/hopper trade

I hope we target Wardlaw.
He'd be comfortably third for me out of him, Sheezel and Cadman. Taking a mid that high for us would have to be a real point of difference like Callaghan was last year especially when we're looking at 2 guys like Sheezel and Cadman that are really talented in positions of need. Wardlaw seems like a really class prospect and wouldn't be upset if we got him but just not different enough for me from what we have to ignore addressing with positions of needs with really talented prospects in their own right.

He'd be comfortably third for me out of him, Sheezel and Cadman. Taking a mid that high for us would have to be a real point of difference like Callaghan was last year especially when we're looking at 2 guys like Sheezel and Cadman that are really talented in positions of need. Wardlaw seems like a really class prospect and wouldn't be upset if we got him but just not different enough for me from what we have to ignore addressing with positions of needs with really talented prospects in their own right.
I think Wardlaw will end up being the best player.

Until recently, I didnt think it was possible he would slide to us.

My draft order for our first pick would be

1.Cadman (I want him and to take a tall forward next year to set up for future)
2. Wardlaw. (Best player overall and potentially pairs well style wise with Callaghan and Green)
3. Sheeeeeeezel. (I don't trust that he would stay tbh, seems ingrained in melbs...but we have to keep backing out culture and that positionally...he'd be getting minutes)

I think I'm happy with any of them

I agree with this. Drafting best talent meant we stacked the midfield and lacked variety. I’ll be very happy with cadman or sheezel because they are still great talents by the looks of it but they fit the list needs better

I think Wardlaw will end up being the best player.

Until recently, I didnt think it was possible he would slide to us.
Only issues with Wardlaw which I think is holding me back is that midfield just isn't a position of need right now and especially an inside contested ball style mid, if he's happy to wait his turn a bit when it comes to being given a full midfield role and is able to impact the game effectively in another position then I'd feel more comfortable, just don't know if I can go through picking up another gun mid that can't crack the midfield then wanting to leave after a couple years, if there was more security (which is obviously impossible to get) then I'd feel better about it but it's a risk I feel less comfortable with then the others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back