List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if its been mentioned here , or if it means anything but judging off instagram Lobbs partner posted on instagram a while ago saying "1 more week of long distance" So maybe she's come back over here which'll keep him happy..
She was at the Camfield pre-game. Didn’t help Lobb at all 😂

Wade Derksen

Derksen is one name that is making recruiters scramble late, meeting with six clubs already and two more to come ahead of next week. The 197cm key position prospect signed with Peel Thunder this year after an injury interrupted and COVID affected stint in Essendon's VFL program before returning to Nightcliff in the Northern Territory. Derksen is understood to be prepared to go anywhere to land an AFL opportunity. The 20-year-old has played only three league games in the WAFL and missed last weekend due to COVID, but he caught the eyes of recruiters when he kicked four goals from 22 disposals and seven marks against West Coast.

Chris25 Bastyy
Is Munkara not eligible to be pre listed by the Gold Coast suns as a rookie?
Straight out of NT and indigenous.
Or is there a loophole there were he chooses to nominate Essendon as his NGA, knowing they won’t be able to match a bid on him and hence preventing himself from going to the Suns by default??
I'm pretty sure Essendon have access to the Tiwi Islands as part of their NGA while Gold Coast get access to the rest

I'm pretty sure Essendon have access to the Tiwi Islands as part of their NGA while Gold Coast get access to the rest
Ah ok. I remember last year Gold Coast tried a sneaky move to add Jesse Motlop to their list as he had lived in the NT for a bit. The AFL had a meeting and considered it (clearly they looked at every way possible to take him off Freos NGA) but probably realised it would have been a stretch, even by their usual standards to hand Motlop to GC for free when he’s barely lived in NT.

Until Amiss injured his Kidney I tended to agree. Since the injury and his long term absence we will definitely go a medium or tall forward. Sturt looks like he has a little way to go but in the mix for the second half of the year. But as far as tall forwards go, we now need some depth. Behind the perennially injured Tabs and Lobb we now have a raw Treacy, who has underwhelmed in the AFL this season.

I don’t think Derkson will go that early - there is just too much unknown. Sure a bunch of clubs are trying put a bit of time into him because they feel compelled to do so. As far as Knightmare goes - the third pick is very fanciful.

My dream pick-up would be medium forward Jacob Bauer, but he would be very low odds to make it to pick 11-13.

Interesting that Connor Ballendon has nominated special financial terms. Would mean someone has him lined up. Perhaps Hawks.

There is no chance at all an injury to an 18 year old has any impact whatsoever on what we do at the Mid Season Draft.

AFL clubs will never be recruiting for half a season. Even if we draft Zac Strom we’ll be thinking about our medium term list strategy (ie next 2-3 years) rather than the next 12-16 weeks of footy.

If we draft another KPF it’s because our list needs one in the medium to long term. That isn’t impossible but I think we’ll be looking for someone who’s a ruck option (at least to play the forward/ruck role) as well. That’d probably be the case with Derksen.

I wouldn’t get too concerned, I’d be surprised if he’s actually seen much of Derksen playing

I’m not sure Knightmare is trying to do a phantom draft. It’s his rankings - nothing more even if you think he’s full of it.

I do like how he’s mentioned Bailey Rogers. The afl site doesn’t which I find strange.

He had Schlensog 1st round pick last draft didn't he?

In his rankings. Not even close to it in his phantom.

I’ve always found his ranking of mature aged WAFL players strange. He always talked about Schloithe who imo is a run of the mill state league inside mid that happens get the ball more than most others. Nothing else about him is anything impressive. Almost like Knightmare looked at stats and sandover votes only.

Snuffaluphagus

Is Roos dynamo gettable?

Exciting North Melbourne forward Cam Zurhaar has parked contract talks with the Roos amid the club’s torrid one-win start to the season.

Zurhaar is happy at North Melbourne and has hit form after a goalless first three weeks, kicking 14 goals in the last six weeks, including successive three-goal tallies in the last two games.

But talks have been put on hold until later in the season as the Roos go through the intense growing pains of a full-blown rebuild.

Zurhaar’s combination of frenzied attack on the opponent and goal power allowed him to kick 31 goals last year after another slow start that saw him goalless by round 6.

The dilemma my little narrow mind has at the moment after reading the last few pages is how in gods name do we turn Rory Lobb, Bailey Banfield and pick 14, 66 into Jackson, Bolton and Zurhar this year??

We!d end up with no draft picks until 2025 if Bell pulls this one off

The dilemma my little narrow mind has at the moment after reading the last few pages is how in gods name do we turn Rory Lobb, Bailey Banfield and pick 14, 66 into Jackson, Bolton and Zurhar this year??

We!d end up with no draft picks until 2025 if Bell pulls this one off
I'd be just fine with that! but you forgot Angus and Lachie Neale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snuffaluphagus

Is Roos dynamo gettable?

Exciting North Melbourne forward Cam Zurhaar has parked contract talks with the Roos amid the club’s torrid one-win start to the season.

Zurhaar is happy at North Melbourne and has hit form after a goalless first three weeks, kicking 14 goals in the last six weeks, including successive three-goal tallies in the last two games.

But talks have been put on hold until later in the season as the Roos go through the intense growing pains of a full-blown rebuild.

Zurhaar’s combination of frenzied attack on the opponent and goal power allowed him to kick 31 goals last year after another slow start that saw him goalless by round 6.
Zurhaar and Brayshaw would be a great trade period IMO.

There is no chance at all an injury to an 18 year old has any impact whatsoever on what we do at the Mid Season Draft.

AFL clubs will never be recruiting for half a season. Even if we draft Zac Strom we’ll be thinking about our medium term list strategy (ie next 2-3 years) rather than the next 12-16 weeks of footy.

If we draft another KPF it’s because our list needs one in the medium to long term. That isn’t impossible but I think we’ll be looking for someone who’s a ruck option (at least to play the forward/ruck role) as well. That’d probably be the case with Derksen.
I realise that Amiss is a long term developing player. After seeing Tabs go down injured for quite a few weeks, Lobb also struggles to get through a full season and Treacy/Amiss developing (further complicated by Amiss’ long term injury), means that it is likely we end up looking at more depth in the medium to tall forward or as you say Tall forward/ruck position.

Amiss did quite well in his one and only game. Certainly showed enough to be an option this season. Benning is miles off it. As we speak today we have Treacy as our sole tall forward back-up and our developing ruck/forward is miles off it and playing WAFL reserves.

For this reason I feel it is this area we target.

6PR spoke with East Fremantle Coach Billy Monaghan and is consigned to losing Brynn Teakle to the MSD.

Would you rate him ahead of Rogers?
Yes, the only knock on Strom is that he isn't the fastest player going around, not that you would expect that in someone that's 195cm and 102kgs. He's the type that can easily play any position on the ground if need be. Should have won the Simpson medal in the 2000 WAFL grand final playing at full forward.

Yes, the only knock on Strom is that he isn't the fastest player going around, not that you would expect that in someone that's 195cm and 102kgs. He's the type that can easily play any position on the ground if need be. Should have won the Simpson medal in the 2000 WAFL grand final playing at full forward.
From memory Dean Cox won the Simpson medal in the 2000 WAFL GF. East Perth defeated East Fremantle by 39 points.

Amiss going down makes it more likely we bring in Storm.
Plug and play key position player if we need him instead of Tabs or Lobb till the end of the season

22 years ago. Geez he'd be older than Mundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back