List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal Twomey knows his stuff but I heard him speak about Gus and it was really just his opinion that he thinks he will stay. He really didn’t know. I think we’re a good show for Gus. There was a lot of love between some of the Freo players and Gus before the game. I’d say the likelihood is that he will resign but we would definitely be some chance based on the rumours and he is prob still making his decision. I’m not sure his go is playing the last line of defence like he was today.

Our guys kept Jackson out of the game. He had no impact. Gus played good against us though.

I hope Andy gets in Jackson's and his brother's ear, 'If you can't beat us... you might as well join us.' 😉

After today a trade for jackson makes me nervous.
He isn’t going to do much to improve our scoring power.
He is still just a “moments” player
There is a chance he flops and doesn’t become the multiple AA that you would expect/need to break even on the trade given the rumoured price in draft capital.

You know what, I think we're absolutely fukd! I think we're years away from flag fancies. A quick breakdown...

Defence: easily our strongest third however, Alex Pearce is basically broken, Ryan good. Logue hot/cold, Cox hot/cold, Walker not getting a game, Young and Chapman good but still babies.

Midfield. Fyfe old and broken, Mundy old and slow, Brodie awesome but the only big bodied mid left, Serong good but small and outbodied, Brayshaw good but already battle-weary, Aish, Clark, Acres hot and cold, could argue there not B22 elsewhere.

Forwards- absolute cluster! Tabs is broken, Lobb gagf, Treacy not AFL standard, Walters past it, switta good but not enough goals, Freddy meh, Schulz very hot/cold, Colyer very hot cold Banfield ggf.

Our depth- can't get a game even with the above crabs playing says ALOT!! Tucker, Hughes, Wilson, Meek, Blakley Crowden Henry not B22 here or anywhere.

Sturt who the fck knows??! Ras can get the ball but butchers it often.

Premiership still 5+ years away imo

I’d say 3 years. i think we are a few chess pieces away from being there at the pointy end.

After today a trade for jackson makes me nervous.
He isn’t going to do much to improve our scoring power.
He is still just a “moments” player
There is a chance he flops and doesn’t become the multiple AA that you would expect/need to break even on the trade given the rumoured price in draft capital.
I am not sure about Jackson either, still very young so maybe just an off day like his team mates

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the likelihood of Lobb leaving or wanting to, I think getting a reasonable FWD/Ruck in the MSD is a no brainer.

Not sure Derksen is tall enough. Sure he might still be growing 20yo 195-97cm 90kg

Teakle however is and has a bit of presence about him when forward. At 22yo and 203cm 100kg with unusually long arms.

Strom is a short term utility fix, and at 28 is really short term. 198cm 103kg

Cal Twomey knows his stuff but I heard him speak about Gus and it was really just his opinion that he thinks he will stay. He really didn’t know. I think we’re a good show for Gus. There was a lot of love between some of the Freo players and Gus before the game. I’d say the likelihood is that he will resign but we would definitely be some chance based on the rumours and he is prob still making his decision. I’m not sure his go is playing the last line of defence like he was today.
Gus was lowballed. Melb relying on his loyalty to stay at the Dees. Gus toured Cockburn training facilities a few years ago and after yesterday’s loss he knows what he's walking into with this current squad.

The news article made it sound like there were concerns Young would walk out like Cerra.

I laughed, Young, Serong and Brayshaw are the three players I have no concerns about ever exploring the go home factor. Young's enthusiasm at getting to Freo was only outdone by Brayshaw's the previous year and Serong has been one of the most vocal players about what is building since he was drafted.
100%.

I had no concern about Young and Serong.

Both are best friends who regularly chatted over social media for hours a day.

Serong from Vic Country and after meeting his cousin who said that all the family converted to purple killing any small doubt. Plus he bordered at Geelong grammar which is 2:30 hours from Warrugal. Therefore, he learned and coped with living away from family.

Young mum was delighted that the two boys would be playing together and that Hayden had already moved out mentally six months on draft night. Young on draft was happy that he had a surfing buddy in Fyfe.

They both look totally engaged on field.

Cerra never was happy moving away from Melbourne.

Gus was lowballed. Melb relying on his loyalty to stay at the Dees. Gus toured Cockburn training facilities a few years ago and after yesterday’s loss he knows what he's walking into with this current squad.
We have a great chance to get him.

Better money, better role, and playing with his brother.

Still got extended family in Perth, a young team on the rise and plus rumours the coach is a knob.

Only loyalty, partner from Melbourne and Melbourne are a better team at the moment are the positives to stay.

We have a great chance to get him.

Better money, better role, and playing with his brother.

Still got extended family in Perth, a young team on the rise and plus rumours the coach is a knob.

Only loyalty, partner from Melbourne and Melbourne are a better team at the moment are the positives to stay.
The partner is a big one though. Danny Frawley’s daughter. Very much doubt she will move to Perth away from her family and Gus is not breaking up with her.

The partner is a big one though. Danny Frawley’s daughter. Very much doubt she will move to Perth away from her family and Gus is not breaking up with her.
Most families have family members who live in other parts of the country or overseas. It may be a factor for them but not necessarily one that they define their lives by.

Where is Lachie Neale at with his contract? Are we expecting him to request a trade again?

Most families have family members who live in other parts of the country or overseas. It may be a factor for them but not necessarily one that they define their lives by.
I’ll wait and see what happens.

Given the likelihood of Lobb leaving or wanting to, I think getting a reasonable FWD/Ruck in the MSD is a no brainer.

Not sure Derksen is tall enough. Sure he might still be growing 20yo 195-97cm 90kg

Teakle however is and has a bit of presence about him when forward. At 22yo and 203cm 100kg with unusually long arms.

Strom is a short term utility fix, and at 28 is really short term. 198cm 103kg

The latest rumours seem to be that Derksen and Teakle both won’t be there our pick. Strom probably will be.

If get Strom we’ll still be looking for a best 22 forward/ruck at years end of Lobb leaves. Advantage with Strom is he’s ready when we need him to play at either end. The fact he’s 200cm means he’s an option to be the second ruck too.

If the rumours are off, I think off of Derksen or Teakle will be on our list this time next week. Not convinced we’ll take Strom even if he’s there. Hearing we’ve put a lot of time into Sebit Kuek.

He has been average all year
I’ve read on here that he is a once in a generation player. Load of BS. He is a good player, he is young and is a late starter to Aussie rules. Could be playing NBL if he wanted to. He plays like a ruck rover but I’m not sure he is the forward / ruck we need. He is better around the ground. He has had some very good games this year but some of the trades thrown out there are quite concerning.

I’m comfortable using our 2022 first and other pieces to get the deal done but not two first round picks. If we can use our 2022 first prob around 13-15 with other pieces to get the deal done then let’s go for it (the pieces being Pick 13-15, Lobb, Tucker, 2023 2nd).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back