List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest Jackson would be a better fit at Eagles, Naitanui is nearly done and pick 2 is a fair swap imo. Eagles don't have a replacement for naitanui. One of my best mates is a Freo supporter, he is hoping jackson can become versatile and that he and Darcy don't cannibalize each other's roles. I think Freo have rebuilt perfectly barring a key tall.
A valid point indeed. Sadly for you guys though, Mr Nic Nat just signed a two year extension! :eek:

To be honest Jackson would be a better fit at Eagles, Naitanui is nearly done and pick 2 is a fair swap imo. Eagles don't have a replacement for naitanui. One of my best mates is a Freo supporter, he is hoping jackson can become versatile and that he and Darcy don't cannibalize each other's roles. I think Freo have rebuilt perfectly barring a key tall.

That's certainly the plan with Jackson.

We've got a couple of key talls developing and looking good - it's small and medium forwards we haven't quite nailed.

Hmm jackson has the potential to be the best player in the afl though. How many kp players are that good at 20. You gotta pay up. I'd be happy to part with pick 2 for him, yes it's annoying he is not a kpf but he is still a gun and you cant have too many of those.

On another note, I can't remember was it Ben or Sam Reid we were allegedly very close to trading in a few years ago?
If it was Sam we missed one there, I know he's been injured a lot but he just seems a savvy player and still going ok
I wouldn't cry too much over Reid. Good type but yes, injured a lot along with showing spurts of promise that to date have never built into something bigger.

However, maybe minus Buddy on-field Sam's trajectory could yet be higher...

On another note, I can't remember was it Ben or Sam Reid we were allegedly very close to trading in a few years ago?
If it was Sam we missed one there, I know he's been injured a lot but he just seems a savvy player and still going ok

T'was Sam. He's been very hot and cold but always white hot when playing against us over the years!

I certainly remember meima was very big on him. He also wanted us to get Liam Ryan (years before he was picked up), Liam Baker and Aaron Naughton.

He was a very good judge of potential was young meima.
Hahaha those were the days.

He was annoyingly funny

The short-sightedness of some on here is hilarious!

How is playing hypotheticals short sighted?

We are all killing time before tonight’s game and it’s harmless fun

99% of people on the board want to keep Logue and I’m one of them, but there is a very real chance he’s not in purple next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99% of people on the board want to keep Logue and I’m one of them, but there is a very real chance he’s not in purple next year

I think he was maybe referring to Jackson

To my eyes, Jackson was clearly hampered last night. Lacked bounce and spring and his usual aggression with his two taped up knees. He’s had a very solid year until his knee issues (was it from the game he played us or before?) and had some great games in the latter part of the season too. How quickly we forget that moving him into the centre square bounce in not just A final but the GF was credited as the move that turned the game in Melbourne’s favour. We are putting heavy scrutiny on him (which won’t help his/our cause) because he is a trade target on the reported big bucks but he puts in every time, has footy iq, skill, freakish ability and height. And he’s 20! I’ll be going to the footy to watch him play for us for sure. Playing two A grade rucks rotating forward has worked fine for Melbourne and will give oppo teams headaches every time
Also….and I know this shouldn’t matter but it does to me .. freo supporter…
Bring him home Belly and make him one of ours!

I'm not great with the English language myself but I don't think dealing with hypotheticals is being short sighted.

I fine with the club bringing in Jackson. He isn’t the KPF we need but is a decent option up forward for stints but is more your roaming half forward. He is a ruck that can go forward. What I have seen of Lobb the past two years is he is a forward that can provide relief in the ruck. We will need to scout around for more KPF support/ depth. A better run with injury for Tabs would be handy as well as development of Amiss/Treacy. Big pre-seasons coming up for all of them as well Fyfe and Kuek.

The concern I have with Jackson is the salary proposed and the trade cost. If that is kept to reasonable levels then all good.

If Melbourne are looking at brining in Grundy then for mine that helps our cause a little because we can work our way through multiple club trades involving Lobb, Grundy etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you pay overs for Jackson now so you have him. People need to remember he's 20. only going to get better IMO.

talk he has a knee injury might be hampering him.
So, we're going to sell the farm to Melbourne for an injured tall based on the hope he can get back to that one time he was great? Oh and there's this:

1662169783192.png

This is sounding awfully familiar. Hope the sequel is better than the first.

Think you pay overs for Jackson now so you have him. People need to remember he's 20. only going to get better IMO.

talk he has a knee injury might be hampering him
You're right. My issue is that we are in finals right now. And we should be an even stronger contender next year. Losing best 22 players and replacing them with someone in development is a legitimate concern.

Will we be better next year if we bring in Jackson but lose 2 of Lobb, Logie and Acres? I don't think so.

Will we have better future upside because Jackson is in development, or would we be better off with the 2 first rounders it is likely to cost us? Those 2 first rounders could provide a small forward and a player such as Barnett or Lemmey.

The other thing is that West Coast is miles for contenting for a flag and with a very small base of good young talent.

Acres provides a big body. Henry gets destroyed in contests which restricts his ability to win contested ball.
And Acres is also a marking target when kicking out of the square. No full back worth a dime is looking down the line thinking ‘I’m going to kick it down the line to Henry’. Acres is very underrated

I know we are all saying Luke Jackson is overrated etc. lets look at Logan Mcdonald last night. He had 4 touches and didnt even hit the score board.

Does 1 game mean we should right them off?

Just noticed also that Jackson had 65 percent game time. Lowest from that game :s.
Don't think Logan McDonald will be on anywhere near 800k next year .

Yes I agree , Please white ant us on this deal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back