LIVE ON watchESPN AT 3:00 AM on 19/10: NFL RedZone

NB: VIC, NSW, QLD, TAS times
less 30 mins SA, NT
less 2 hours WA

Last edited:
View attachment 1507224
Let’s ride!
(Apologies I’d been posted already)
McManus has a huge leg and distance was never the problem. The right call was made and it only just missed from 60+ out to win the game on the road.

Yeah 5 yards sounds easy but at that point in time on the road in Seattle * me 1 yard on 4th down is hard!! Internet is always captain hindsight though.

McManus has a huge leg and distance was never the problem. The right call was made and it only just missed from 60+ out to win the game on the road.

Yeah 5 yards sounds easy but at that point in time on the road in Seattle * me 1 yard on 4th down is hard!! Internet is always captain hindsight though.

Agreed...however think the bigger issue is in my humble opinion the Broncos didnt seem like they were actually trying to get into realistic fg range that entire drive.

Don’t disagree with any of what you’re saying there. But isn’t that exact scenario the reason why you bring Russ to your franchise? Isn’t that the reason you pay him? Isn’t that the reason you give away draft capital? Trust the QB to get you a first down when the games on the line. Instead they put the trust in a kicker who has never made a FG of that distance before…

Personally I would have liked them to go for it on 4th down, but I’m also not a head coach in the NFL so what would I know

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So basically the stats guys are saying...if they got closer they are a better chance of scoring a fg.

Insightful.
It's fancy analytics backing up the casual observers who criticized Hackett for poor clock management at the end not trying to get closer with the time outs in hand.

I don't understand how anyone can say that when the kick dropped inevitably short. Despite his huge leg, distance was exclusively the problem.

4th and 5 is absolutely not easy but far more likely than a 64 yard FG from a guy who's previous best was 61 (presumably in the high altitude?).

I don't understand how anyone can say that when the kick dropped inevitably short. Despite his huge leg, distance was exclusively the problem.

4th and 5 is absolutely not easy but far more likely than a 64 yard FG from a guy who's previous best was 61 (presumably in the high altitude?).

Wasn't it wide left?

Had the distance.

I thought it dropped short from looking at it again but I could be wrong.

If it made it then my apologies to Chism.
Never apologise to Chism even when he’s right. You’ll never hear the end of it 😇🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's fancy analytics backing up the casual observers who criticized Hackett for poor clock management at the end not trying to get closer with the time outs in hand.

Stats guys should come up with what the Broncos should have done instead of fumbling twice at the goal line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back