2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't the point of bringing West Coast in so that the WAFL can get rid of byes?
Noone wanted to team up with West Coast so they were forced to bring them in

Byes always happen but I think 3 is too much, should only be 2 a year, problem is that one of the byes is the state game so those players would only get 1 bye if there was only 2

I’m still blown away he got a contract before the end of the season.
1 year for Colyer as a mature body and useful depth is fine IMO.

Easy to forget we're basically at 100% health at the moment, Colyer will be handy when injuries strike next year and at the very least, is a good presence to have at Peel.

I think the value of having an experienced AFL player or two at Peel is often understated. Having an extra couple of coaches on the field for Peel makes a big difference

Easy to forget where basically at 100% health at the moment, Colyer will be handy when injuries strike next year and at the very least, is a good presence to have at Peel.

I think the value of having an experienced AFL player or two at Peel is often understated. Having an extra couple of coaches on the field for Peel makes a big difference
I'm a believer in load management and if we can keep our small forwards fresh to apply heat. Then we should keep Colyer as depth.

I'm not surprised that Colyer is playing on next year, but his situation felt more like a wait until the season is over before deciding what to do with him. What if Sturt came into the team and played well, or if Zurhaar decided he wanted to come home? This make me think maybe these questions are answered, i.e Sturts done, and Zurhaar isn't coming. But even so ideally next year the games Colyer played this year are played by Henry/Western/Erasmus/Worner etc.

Easy to forget we're basically at 100% health at the moment, Colyer will be handy when injuries strike next year and at the very least, is a good presence to have at Peel.

I think he's the sort you sign up last when you've made all your other list management decisions.

9/10 times he gets another year but holding off re-signing a 31 year old fringe player keeps a few extra list management options open for a bit longer.

Shouldn't have been re-signed before Logue, Aish, Acres etc.

Colyer wouldn't be commanding any money really, I see no problem signing him when we have very limited picks this year and we are already losing players

He brings leadership and good depth for very little $$

We aren't struggling for list spots at all

Wilson, Western, Lobb, Tucker, Sturt, Hamling, Mundy

Some of those have contracts but may try to get out, if we get them out then Sturt/Western get a reprieve

Wilson is purely a delist and rookie situation if we keep him, it's looking like we won't keep him

Maybe Colyer had a trigger clause in his contract for another year that he activated by reaching a certain number of games. Those sort of clauses aren't uncommon for fringe players, wasn't that why we stopped playing Conca because he had one and we didn't want him to reach the activation point?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Colyer signing for 1 more year probably had more to do with his output at the time & the fact that Western wasn’t able to come on due to his hamstring. You’d think Western will be rookied with the hope he shows he can take the next step in the next 15 months.
Colyer had also strung together a lot of games & was signed whilst in the 22, he has a role to play as does Tucker who came in & was solid last week.
We do need to keep some experience in the list who may be just outside the preferred 22 so they come in a play a role until those younger around them find consistency.

No Wilson at Peel this week, he’s in health and safety protocols.

Presumably means one of the kids can play seniors at Peel, rather than the magoos.

The good news

Amiss is playing league, named on the bench
Benning is named first ruck for the reserves

The bad news

No Wilson
No Treacy
Kuek has been dropped to reserves, would have liked to see him play with Amiss
No Hammer
Only 11 listed for league game
Banfield and Henry yet again are going to be the reserves for AFL team, they really aren't getting a run at gametime recently

The good news

The bad news

No Wilson
No Treacy
No Hammer
Banfield and Henry yet again are going to be the reserves for AFL team, they really aren't getting a run at gametime recently
Why no Treacy?

The good news

The bad news

No Wilson
No Treacy
No Hammer
Don't be surprised to see AFL emergencies added late, happens all the time. Most likely they'll end up fielding 12/13 Freo players.

Why is Kuek in the reserves? Wasn’t he leading goal kicker for his previous wafl club? Or was that in the ressies too?
Coming back from a calf but hasn't really lit it up at Peel tbh

Flashes in and out but that early season form as the number one man at East Perth hasn't been here

Might be a risk of not receiving a contract tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back