2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone got a picture of the Johnson double jumper

f7826d7fe117c3135288b029410d6a1a.png

Off Twitter via the Purple Reign guys

We must be watching different games because on a shitty weather day both Blakely and Crowdens delivery was good. Blakelys short passes into the forward half were excellent.
Blakely is much maligned on here . His so called personal life gaffe is colouring what he does on the footy field. He will be picked up by another club and excel.
He is another Brodie waiting to happen.
Nope he was watching the same game. Crowden’s disposal was pretty average. Watch the Peel vs South mini. Terrible turnover where Crowden kicked from about 35 out defensive pocket to a one on 3 (3 being in south’s favour) at around 40 out from South’s goals right in front gifted a goal. A couple more turnovers in the middle I remember and a terrible rushed snap shot at goal only around 20 metres out. He has had serviceable games but Sat wasn’t one of them in my opinion. He did play quite well early. Other games I’ve seen Crowden has barely been sighted and then gets around 12 possessions in the last.

I do agree that Blakely played one of his best games for the year on Sat. In other games I’ve watched he has turned over the ball plenty in the midfield. On Sat against South’s he was BOG and had his best ball use that I remember. Turned back the clock a little. Based on that game I wouldn’t be surprised to see his name in the mix or at least emergency for AFL.

Both are going at the end of the year. We need to make list changes and they have both gone from primary list to rookie list and not a lot has changed. If Blakely turns into the next Menegola or Brodie then so be it. It won’t be happening at Freo.

So, who's playing for Peel this weekend and is it worth dropping in to watch the game? Am thinking Blakely, Willo, Crowden, Sturt, Treacy?, Erasmus, Amiss, Hughes and possibly Banners or Henry?
Any chance Jonno or Meek line up in the 1's?

So great to see my buddy Amiss out there again and also kick a couple. Glad he'll get the chance to put a full preseason together and continue his development.
So 13 goals in 5 games this year including the game he was injured in. Hope he gets a few more plus maybe a final or 2 and then hit pre season at full tilt

Who travelled to Canberra for the AFL. Henry was named as an emergency for the GWS game but is in this Peel team.

Would hope at least one of Tucker, Hughes or Banfield would come in, although there's 12 named in that Peel side already. I think there was 13 a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly no Benning or Kuek. Looking like a wasted season for them. Pity, as far as list structure goes they are the types we should be fast tracking.
Both have been named in the ressies. We're capped at 12 players for the league team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson's kicking in the second quarter was pretty awful as well, but he did lay a few good tackles.

Johnson, Worner and Erasmus are the only positives for mine. They all continue to look great and well beyond their age and experience. Amiss is rusty but shows signs. The rest of the youngsters have been meh.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back