2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Was looking at the fixtures and after this week's bye Peel play SF, Clar, SD and WC. The WC and SD rounds would be during the AFL finals - which would mean the WC team might be stacked with players who have gone in and out of their AFL team this year.

Was looking at the fixtures and after this week's bye Peel play SF, Clar, SD and WC. The WC and SD rounds would be during the AFL finals - which would mean the WC team might be stacked with players who have gone in and out of their AFL team this year.

They might get within 10 goals of us then.

Actually I got it wrong. Its Peel vs WC round 19 Aug 27th then Peel vs SD Rd 20 in the final game on Sept 4.

Is there a bye week in the AFL before the finals begin? Round 23 in the AFL finishes on Sunday Aug 21.

So I guess we'll have players playing in both levels in the first week of Sept, assuming Fremantle make the AFL finals this year.

Last edited:
I think I know why Mundy retired…

View attachment 1463486
It’s not even the kick that gets me excited with that footage, it’s the contest just before & the aggression he shows to free the ball. He could’ve held back & just tackled but went in hard looking for the contact.
(We won’t mention he burnt the Spleen Rupturer as he ran past)

It’s not even the kick that gets me excited with that footage, it’s the contest just before & the aggression he shows to free the ball. He could’ve held back & just tackled but went in hard looking for the contact.
(We won’t mention he burnt the Spleen Rupturer as he ran past)
It's a good thing, in my eyes, he didn't give the handball off. As a right footer he was on his natural arc to goal and giving off to Crowden was not going to gain the team anything.

It also shows he has the desire to be the guy making the play and taking responsibility for the next disposal.

I liked what I saw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got around to watching the full game, jesus we got something in Johnson.

What a bargain at pick 19, guy is going to be an absolute gun
He's got that indefinable quality to his movement that says star player.

It's not universal. Fyfe was a star but never had it, Shaun Higgins was not a star but moved like a rolls royce, but yeah: You could show a real footy head, who had all their memory of him magically removed, a 10 second clip of Pav just getting a handball receive or marking on the lead and turning to look for the pass and they'd be able to say 'yes, this looks like a star player.'

/purple glasses

I reckon it’ll be a big debate within Freo circles as to whether the 16, 19 or 21 draft was the one that set us up for success the most. Erasmus is destroying Peel and yet I’d have him behind Johnson and Amiss in terms of potential at the moment. I’m absolutely positive all 3 are quality AFL players and I can’t wait to see them all playing for Freo together

Last edited:
I reckon it’ll be a big debate within Freo circles as to whether the 16, 19 or 22 draft was the one that set us up for success the most. Erasmus is destroying Peel and yet I’d have him behind Johnson and Amiss in terms of potential at the moment. I’m absolutely positive all 3 are quality AFL players and I can’t wait to see them all playing for Freo together
22 snuff?

They should organise an intraclub match this weekend with Peel. Really want to see Sturt and co get another shot at selction.

They should organise an intraclub match this weekend with Peel. Really want to see Sturt and co get another shot at selction.

They should organise the byes so West Coast has them at the same time. I’m sure they’ve got players they’d want to get minutes into as well.

Even if Peel doesn’t want their better non-AFL listed players involved it’d still be good for our 12-14 players to get a run.

how many byes does the WAFL need to have?! Seems like there's at least 2 or 3 each year. Some players have missed entire football a week because they're not selected for the 1s and then the coach bemoans 'lack of intensity'. Dumb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back