Preview 2022 Rd 16 Carlton vs St Kilda Friday July 1 7:50PM @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I mention Cerra in that post? The post was highlighting names that have been mentioned all year as underperforming favourites, you know, like Dow

Will take you at your word...

If your reply
The same names will come up every time we do have a loss, Newnes, Newman, Fisher, Plow. And when we win, at least one if not more will be nominated as an out to accomodate an underperforming favourite. It will never change

to a post wanting Newnes to stay in the team and then have Newnes as one of your potential outs...
It's a bit hypocritical...

Anyways we move on and lets hope we get our best team tomorrow night... Go Blues

Will take you at your word...

If your reply

to a post wanting Newnes to stay in the team and then have Newnes as one of your potential outs...
It's a bit hypocritical...

Did you not see 2 other names in that list of subs? Nothing to suggest I was being hypocritical at all, I could have added another 3

Boyd and Setters as OUTS of the squad

Cerra IN, any other number of players as the sub

The original statement about the whipping boys has nothing to do with this game. Surely you understand that

Did you not see 2 other names in that list of subs? Nothing to suggest I was being hypocritical at all, I could have added another 3

Boyd and Setters as OUTS of the squad

Cerra IN, any other number of players as the sub

The original statement about the whipping boys has nothing to do with this game. Surely you understand that
Think Newnes, will come down to Weitering’s availability…

If Weitering is available I can see Newnes being dropped back to a Sub for Cerra…

If Weitering isn’t available could see a case for Newnes to cover Boyd’s role…

If Weitering is available I can see Newnes being dropped back to a Sub for Cerra…

Hard no to Newnes being in defence.

But fumbly and slow in decision making. He's the poorest user amongst he, LOB and Cottrell. He had a good game last week so it's a tough call but I can see him being pushed out.

He's a decent sub though

Have already shared my ins (Cerra being one of them) and outs

One week at a time I guess, let's wait till Weits and Pitto are ready to return.

In: Stocker, Cerra
Out: Boyd, Setters

Sub: Toss a coin, any of Cotts, Newnes, Mots
Mots sub !

Everyone keeps talking about the wings and saying we don’t need Amon if cotters and Lob make it. They forget newnes is 30 and borderline player. Replace Amon with Newnes (newnes be on 250) so not breaking the bank with picking him up. The. Have them 3 roaring the wings with the bench and running there guts out.

Would rather draft an outside mid/winger and develop them behind the three we have. They'd likely be ready to step up to AFL level within 2-3 years when Newnes is done anyway.

Hard to go past Stock coming in for Boyd, unless Weitering plays in which case need to consider the back 7 composition.

I am in tribes. As all humans are of course. Places and people of belonging. Work, friends family. Multiple.

And I’m in a tribe with you silly folks. A sense of connection. I leave the ground after a win, wind the window down at the lights when I see some Navy Blue and yell out “go the baggers”. And you folks smile. And I smile too.

And so yes, for sure we have our debates and so on. Have our own biases and influences.

But we stay as one.

And so, my fellow tribal members…I say this.

It’s time. Pause and ‘be’ Harry McKay for a second. Harry no longer ‘hopes’. He has no doubt any more. You can tell can’t you? He knows he’s better than everyone.

He may lose some battles but he knows he will win the war.

And it’s the same growing feeling with this team. They may lose some games, have some bad moments.

But it’s truly our time.

So I humbly ask if you all, be Harry McKAy. It’s not ‘arrogance’ or ‘taking a game lightly’. But it’s no longer fear. Fear of failure. I say let that go. I say chuck Macklemore on (Ceiling can’t hold us), turn it up full volume and just let it all go.

I say we surround this team with belief.

It’s gonna be ok. They got this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like Aints are a bogey team, and I'm nervous about this week, unlike last week where I wasn't nervous about Freo.

Do you not think Ryder and Hill being inclusions will have a positive impact for them?
Ryder coming in will lessen the impact from Marshall. I've got Marshall in a keeper league so watch them quite closely. When Ryder is out. He has massive games. When Ryder is in, he's not as impactful. I don't see Ryder nor hill big influencers for this week.

Is he...?
Short answer, no.
Long answer...
He's going good and seems to be getting better, but Pitto was the best hitout to advantage player in the league before injury. Despite attending less ruck contests than most of the number 1 rucks. And was right up there for score launches too.
Our midfield was blitzing under Pitto. It's sputtering a bit under TDK. That's not intended as a slight on Tom. He just needs more time.

Ryder is a leaping ruck so it will be interesting to see how TDK goes against him. You don't want SOJ or Cripps against Ryder. Ryder and Armstrong will try and clear the contested area by a wider tap - Cerra and Hewett and Fisher in rotations have to protect against outside run from CBB.
Hill is silk when he is allowed time and space - I love watching him glide over the ground - but pressure him and anticipate his delivery points is the mission - Cottrell, Honey and or Durdin have the leg speed to keep the pressure on Hill - Fisher not.
King like all young forwards is going to have good and poor form - limit the amount of leading marks he can get by winning the midfield pressure game.
Ratten always sends Membrey back deep in defense when Saints are under pressure or when they want to protect a lead. When Membrey is back enter their defensive 50 by run not long kicks.

I'm happy that Walsh has his run bak and I hope Cerra is well enough to handle the pace - because St Kilda's one wood is a shoot out with small forwards hanging wide or behind defensive structures - Ratts loves the joe the goose play - Cotrell, Lob have to hold their width. I think St Kilda are going to want an open free flowing game - they arent going to win a midfield slog.

A different challenge - a win would be very nice.

Weitering if fit will make up for the disappointment of Boyd out. Cerra in will see one of the smalls out - probably Motlop who had a sound defensive game.

I don’t think we will see moves like this anymore. We won’t see Dow come in to play half forward after 30 in the midfield. Won’t see newnes kept in and moved to back pocket because he was too good on the wing to be dropped. Players have their positions and they are competing with that group only. And it’s a great common sense approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back