Game Day 2022 SC Round 1 - Let's Get Ready To Ramble

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of the year where we're about to hit crazy season on the board.

In order to keep some order around the place, I've locked all threads except the standard ones that we have during the season - refer #5. Will leave the rate my preseason thread going until final lockout.

Any new threads that don't fit in to the standard structure will likely end up merged with either an existing suitable thread, or the General Chat thread as a catch-all.

Good luck to everyone - this is one of the toughest years to pick a starting side that I can remember.

No Steele & No Crisp

Dance Clubbing GIF by Coop Prix - fort gjort!
Me too!

F9DA9FC2-2A32-4BEA-9EC9-B0F46860FA17.gif

10/1173

Thinking i might just take Macrae's 133 rather than Touk. That would bring me up to 10C/1306

Touk went 133 or above 8 times from 21 games last year, but he also spat out an 80, 78 and 96.

I guess he's playing a West Coast side missing Shuey, Yeo, Sheed and Kelly though. That's the whole starting midfield.

But what if Simpson tries to tag him with Redden or something stupid? :think:

10/1173

Thinking i might just take Macrae's 133 rather than Touk. That would bring me up to 10C/1306

Touk went 133 or above 8 times from 21 games last year, but he also spat out an 80, 78 and 96.

I guess he's playing a West Coast side missing Shuey, Yeo, Sheed and Kelly though. That's the whole starting midfield.

Yeah that’s the risk I guess, but my VC rule is generally anything over 130 is a take. Touk may score 170 with how shit WC are likely to look in the guts, but he might only score 100 once that big sexy pasty freckled sunscreen-lathered red bull has 38 contested possessions and 12 tackles.

Bank the points I reckon.

I’m currently at 11/1333 C

Hmmmmmmm
That juicy little nugget Sheldrick is tempting me....and the DPP on Maguiness looks so sweet and handy on the mid bench. Stephens is such a boring choice.
I feel Maginness is a placeholder for Impey/Bramble/Day, because he's one of our best runners. Shaky JS, as he's still behind as a mid. Newc, Nash and the rookies should get chances ahead of him there.
On the flip side Mtchell is balls deep in our rebuild, so maybe someone like Shiels gets squeezed out first. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Best on ground isn't enough to hold your spot?
When you lose the centre clearances 9-18, and your defense in constantly under the pump from a goal, unfortunately you need your best centre square tap ruckman in the team. Ryder was a test for round 1, so he’s not far away.

Who gets dropped for Ryder?

Options: Marshall, King or Hayes… who you dropping?

Hayes will be good and play plenty of games based on last night, but I wouldn’t rely on him as F6 is all I’m saying.

When you lose the centre clearances 9-18, and your defense in constantly under the pump from a goal, unfortunately you need your best centre square tap ruckman in the team. Ryder was a test for round 1, so he’s not far away.

Who gets dropped for Ryder?

Options: Marshall, King or Hayes… who you dropping?

Hayes will be good and play plenty of games based on last night, but I wouldn’t rely on him as F6 is all I’m saying.
None of those 3 will be dropped for Ryder

A dozen other spuds to choose from first

I feel Maginness is a placeholder for Impey/Bramble/Day, because he's one of our best runners. Shaky JS, as he's still behind as a mid. Newc, Nash and the rookies should get chances ahead of him there.
On the flip side Mtchell is balls deep in our rebuild, so maybe someone like Shiels gets squeezed out first. 🤷🏾‍♂️
So you dont like the Maguiness pick ?
No pressure, but with my first mid rook scoring just 2 last night, anything over 10 from Maguiness will feel like a bit of a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you dont like the Maguiness pick ?
No pressure, but with my first mid rook scoring just 2 last night, anything over 10 from Maguiness will feel like a bit of a win.
I don't, but I feel like I'm gunna go the wrong way. If I pick him, he'll be in the twos by round 4. If I don't pick him, impey or Day will stay I juried for 6 weeks and he'll play every week. Very lineball.

10/1173

Redden tag Touk?

He does not have the endurance to keep up with Touk from contest to contest.

Only a 3 game slate today…

First up - Ridley, Parish, Caldwell, Martin, Baldwin (E), De Koning (no E)

Then we have Whitfield, Coniglio and McCartin.

Then we finish our Saturday with Neale and Butters.

Grundy C was looking like a mini disaster at half time. He ended up pulling out the worst 124 point game I've ever seen and I'll take it with arms wide open!

Also had Crisp at D1 most of the pre-season only to swap him to Ridley to facilitate all these expensive rookies.

BTW, how far off it is Wanganeen-Milera if Owens was picked before him?

891B6F4D-F86E-45D0-AB16-3A7B49435D23.jpeg DC0ABCDF-F13A-454D-B9D0-B44BAA36E7CD.jpeg

I finally figured out how to get Berry over Francis by putting Rachele in the mids for Stephens and getting Martin.

Opens up the all important positional link now the F/D, R/F and M/F is set. Daicos should get M/D so got O’ Driscoll (Captain loophole) for that as well.

Hoping for a 2250+ (1181 from 10 plus C so far) this week which will be a good start seeing as there is big scores around.

Already thinking of Gawn > English 150k then picking up Gawn when he’s sub 550k if he has another score under 100 next week. Would be an ideal scenario doing a roughy like that. That’s already looking at a 200k+ plus swing.

Added bonus is that if Trelol is no good I have SP mids prems to pick from down the track, Steele/Oli looks juicy already lmao. So it opens up a lot of a flexibility that DPP.

So close to getting Steele last night. But I’m very bullish on Kelly. He has an SP 120 season in him it’s just a matter of when (low ownership too :)). Hopefully I don’t put the moz on him.

I think starting Martin over Baldwin should be fine then Hayes next week.

... I did have Walters in for some reason but I would need a massive chol to pick him.

Watching Hough, Soligo and Cooper if he plays for M10/M11. Corrections will happen that’s SC can’t get them all correct.

In theory this team may have 16 keepers with how Daicos is looking if he goes low 90’s along with Sic, Trelol and Cogs and Rowell goes 105ish which isn’t too far fetched. So plenty of backup during the season.

GL Everyone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back