Game Day 2023 Round 1 - SC Season Opener Preview - Let the Games Begin / Festival of the Midpricer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disappointing not to at least crack 2k but looking through this thread and my leagues sub 2k scores seem to be popular so at least I'm not alone there.

Main culprits were Laird as captain with 50 and Jones with 5 along with some ordinary scores from Clark and Constable.

Should hopefully bounce back with a better score next week with Jones becoming McKenna and picking a captain not as diabolically bad as Laird.

So I logged into a different tablet .

Hoping that (wishful thinking) that my team was the some thur\fri night woo I can fix up my stuff ups ..

Logs in ...

jim carrey alrighty then GIF by Ace Ventura

Still feeling shitty after RD1 games - all the planning efforts and it comes down to dumb luck :mad:

The killer was the awful combination of Jones, Fyfe and Captain Laird - and of course, not having the tenacity to get Sheezel in when he was flagged on game day to play in defense

Still feeling shitty after RD1 games - all the planning efforts and it comes down to dumb luck :mad:

The killer was the awful combination of Jones, Fyfe and Captain Laird - and of course, not having the tenacity to get Sheezel in when he was flagged on game day to play in defense

I was picking Sheegull no matter where he played. You could tell he is ready for AFL. Getting the gull role was just a extra bonus.

Chin up kenty.

T2 judgement was on last night.

You'll be back .

Come with me if you wanna live.

arnold schwarzenegger art GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

Digging a bit deeper into round 1 performance

Highest score - Tom Green 134
Lowest score - Fergus Greene 33
VC- Oliver 113
C- Laird 50 (F U )

7/22 scores 100+
2/22 scores 110+
5 scores between 100 and 110
8/22 under 70
Killer was M1 and D1 premiums going 50 and 56
Didn’t have enough players who went big to cover for underperforming players.

As an example team of the week had 7/22 players go over 120.

11/22 players go 100+
5/22 under 70

Will be interesting to see how the Crows / Giants players back up this week after 38 degrees and 100% humidity. Conditions even more brutal than playing in Darwin which is generally played through the byes and tough to back up from.

Crows also with a Darwin game this yr albeit at night it will be hot and humid, hopefully Laird OK during that

Will be interesting to see how the Crows / Giants players back up this week after 38 degrees and 100% humidity. Conditions even more brutal than playing in Darwin which is generally played through the byes and tough to back up from.

Crows also with a Darwin game this yr albeit at night it will be hot and humid, hopefully Laird OK during that

Laird did bugger all so he shouldn't be worn out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely terrible R1 for me. 1815.

Nightmare with Jones, Xerri and Laird C. Hopper, Brayshaw and H Clark not as helpful as they might have been.

Got some things right. Green, Sheezel, Gulden. Chandler maybe the only rook I haven’t got. So money generation ok.

Have to replace Xerri and need more money for someone decent in the ruck. Not sure who to punt. Laird out to help give me 2 premiums tempting.

Ranked 17k, worst start since 2016. Think I’m going to be aggressive to make up ground.

That isn't bad.

Rank similarly for four weeks and you'll be in the top 5k overall.

Consistency is what you need.

So I wouldn't go changing your long-term strategy if I was you

had a few days off after such a poor start but it seems that a lot copped it this round, hopefully all you Kent’s can bounce back with a big score this week and jump up the rankings. Ended up with a 1906 and a rank in the 60,000s. Hopefully start the long climb back up the ranks this week

Comben outscoring a untagged, uninjured Laird by 34 one of the more bizarre SC things you will ever see
Only because Xerri went down, and Comben / Greenwood were the two rucks thereafter ......won't be repeated this week

Like Haley's Comet ...you have witnessed a rare event, you can pass onto your children in folklore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back