Game Day 2023 Round 1 - SC Season Opener Preview - Let the Games Begin / Festival of the Midpricer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm about 30.000 spots from last place ....

Sad Westminster Dog Show GIF by Westminster Kennel Club

X
136.631 .

So sit the fuuu down.
šŸ˜€

Sitting Dog Starts To Slide GIF by ViralHog
Noooo...relax. Its not so bad.
Its nowhere near 30,000 off last place.

I just checked out of curiosity and here's what i ranked with ZERO points for the Round...
Screenshot 2023-03-20 075959.jpg

So you're only about 16,500 slots off last place. Thats good news, right ? I assume thats what u were aiming for :oops:

01001110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001 00100001
Barrybran interpretation required

Along with that I had the absolute misfortune of having Tom Stewart, Liam Jones, Josh Kelly and laird as my captain.

No point worrying about ifs now, but my incredibly bad luck at this game has continued on from last year.

My forward line was on fire, dunkley, coniglio, taranto, gulden, Sheezel and The Poo all scored nicely with English in at R1.
Thems the luck ....I suspect most Coaches will have one of those rounds this year ....you have 23 rounds now to play catch-up, along with me

19% min had Laird as (C) .....30+ % with Stewart .....44% with Jones & Fyfe respectively
So I'd imagine, there's a lot of very good SC Coaches down low in rankings today

Thems the luck ....I suspect most Coaches will have one of those rounds this year ....you have 23 rounds now to play catch-up, along with me

19% min had Laird as (C) .....30+ % with Stewart .....44% with Jones & Fyfe respectively
So I'd imagine, there's a lot of very good SC Coaches down low in rankings today
Yeah, all four is so unlucky, I still scored ok, probably should've been 2000 plus

Exactly it's a marathon not a sprint

My fellow SC'ers.

It is a great honour for me to join the esteemed company in the six figure club.

I'd like to recognise those whose inspiring efforts enabled me to to achieve this feat.

So much for my PODs. Great effort guys. Dale & Dylan Moore.
Fyfe ya good for nothing spud.
Laird C. Weak as p*ss. When the tough get going, you go into hiding.
Ashcroft 200k and you do SFA.
Constable. It's alright having the ball in your hands. It does help though if you do something positive with it.
Baker just got baked.

My bench a waste of space also. One scored 20 & four in the 30's. Great cash generation there, NOT.

Will excuse Stewart. Not his fault. Hope he sues AFL/MCG for unsafe working conditions.

And to think there's another 20+ rounds left. FMD. :mad:

SC.jpg

My round 1 reflections
Hits
LDU
Witts
Sheezel
MacKenzie

Misses
Laird (C)
Bruhn (didn't look up to it so punting this week)
Cunnington
Greene
Ashcroft (may trade early and retain cash)
Chesser (bench)
Caminti (bench)
Cowan (bench)

On Notice
Hopper
Marshall

Captain Laird went in without lube.

At least I avoided Stewart and Jones who had both been in my team at various times.

Gulden looks like a must have - will bring him in this week for Bruhn and look for a rookie downgrade from Ashcroft.

On JHF watch - he was impressive on the weekend but want to see how he goes away from Adelaide against a decent team this week - if he fires will be looking to get him in R3 (most likely for either Hopper or Cunnington if they fail to fire). Will need to look at rookie corrections Rd 3 too.

I actually just had another look at my score, it was 1857 with laird captain, Stewart, Jones and Jelly. If only, but this game is a very long marathon, as you beautiful kents know and understand, no point in dwelling, all it takes is a few pods and a good captain choice and you can climb pretty quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018 got me a 25k rank to start.

Score tanked by a Jones 5 and a Laird captaincy taking a huge bump on my side.

But other than those 2 disasters pretty happy with my side.
11/12 premos managed 80+ at least so can't complain.

Pretty sure I got all the good rookies.
Was nice getting Chandler and Bytel as POD rookie scores too.

Cogs dropping a 143 was very nice after so many jumped off.

Noooo...relax. Its not so bad.
Its nowhere near 30,000 off last place.

I just checked out of curiosity and here's what i ranked with ZERO points for the Round...
View attachment 1634446

So you're only about 16,500 slots off last place. Thats good news, right ? I assume thats what u were aiming for :oops:

Yep math is my strong suit.
This dog is ever better tha n me ..
Good doggie

Dog Math GIF
Scared Uh Oh GIF by Boomerang Official

2018 got me a 25k rank to start.

Score tanked by a Jones 5 and a Laird captaincy taking a huge bump on my side.

But other than those 2 disasters pretty happy with my side.
11/12 premos managed 80+ at least so can't complain.

Pretty sure I got all the good rookies.
Was nice getting Chandler and Bytel as POD rookie scores too.

Cogs dropping a 143 was very nice after so many jumped off.

I think I'll taget cogs next week should never of left him out.
Another mistake ...to add to all the other ones .

GET. ****ed.

99% of SuperCoachers gave the big middle finger to Round 1 yesterday. Stop trying to make us relive the nightmare and prolong the PTSD. It's Round 2.

1679274104014.png

Thought I would be in for a hiding after Stewart went down early, followed by Jones the next night. Spuds like Constable and Flanders not helping either.

But a few decent (so far) picks in Daicos, Cripps (VC), Callaghan and Gulden bumped me up a fair bit it seems. Throw in rookies Mackenzie and Sheezel on the field and I finished on 2,101.

Some work to do at the trade table though.

EDIT: Forgot Witts, that wonderful large man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back