VFL 2022 VFL R1 v Box Hill (Sun 27-Mar 12.10pm @ Vic Park) [Channel 7]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lead the team for clearances and lead the game for hit outs. They are just calling a spade a spade
Haha apparently people don’t understand the laughing emoji! My post quite literally had nothing to do with how he played and was entirely about the use of the word awesome. It’s a word I never thought I’d see used by a media department because it belongs on here with us nuffies.

Haha apparently people don’t understand the laughing emoji! My post quite literally had nothing to do with how he played and was entirely about the use of the word awesome. It’s a word I never thought I’d see used by a media department because it belongs on here with us nuffies.
I prefer the word ‘ace’.

Would love for it to make a comeback

Think that is a big stretch but I was pleased with his first effort against men.

Think there is plenty to work with but he is very raw. Nowhere near AFL standard at moment.

Was comfortable we ended up with him over Callow and hope in time it will prove to be the right decision.

I thought Begg’s effort was very exciting, particularly as it was his 1st game at the level and he was being asked to play as the No1 ruck rather than the Forward-ruck role I’d have been expecting from him. Has a sensational leap and palms the footy to good effect. Gets pushed around a bit at stoppages away from the centre but that’s hardly unexpected. Also missed his jump a bit failing to get near the footy but again hardly unexpected. Hopefully we get either Cameron or Cox back this week to take the No1 ruck role and we get to see a bit of Begg forward. Love to see him clunk a few marks and impacting the scoreboard.

I thought Begg’s effort was very exciting, particularly as it was his 1st game at the level and he was being asked to play as the No1 ruck rather than the Forward-ruck role I’d have been expecting from him. Has a sensational leap and palms the footy to good effect. Gets pushed around a bit at stoppages away from the centre but that’s hardly unexpected. Also missed his jump a bit failing to get near the footy but again hardly unexpected. Hopefully we get either Cameron or Cox back this week to take the No1 ruck role and we get to see a bit of Begg forward. Love to see him clunk a few marks and impacting the scoreboard.
I don’t mind him spending a fair bit of time in the ruck even if Cox and Cameron are also playing. It will mean he is in more contests and hopefully getting his hand on the ball more often. That would be good for his development. You can starve in the forward line at time if the service is not good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back