VFL 2022 VFL R5 v Essendon (Mon 25-Apr 1.05pm @ Windy Hill) [Stream: AFL app & https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4198]

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be the weakest Essendon vfl team of all time.
Would be embarrassed to lose to them and a bad sign for main game

Bianco now with 3

Bit of an unusual performance, but he hasn’t really been influential or played an exceptional game thus far. He’s just popping up to capitalise at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If he was to pop up with 2 or 3 every week he could earn a spot - doing it against all comers is another thing altogether though.

Half time Pies 8.4.52 Dons 7.3.45

Don’s just worked harder that qtr and they’ve shut down a few of the Pies prime movers. It’s a real slug-feat in the middle with no notable stand outs for the Pies.

Neville J with 14 and leading the way for Coll. Tyler been on with 13 but unfortunately still lacks that polish which would see him transition to a legitimate AFL player.

3 apiece for Bianco and Fowler, with Fowler certainly the better game of the 2.

Henry, really unsighted- not sure what his role is today. Seems to be stuck in no-man’s land with the majority of the game being played in the midfield and he’s positioned as a low half forward not impacting the play at all.

Murley was everywhere in the first but they clamped down on his run at half back and it was noticeable to our fwd drive.

HH and Chugg started ok as well, but both had quieter 2nd qtrs.

Bianco playing better than usual. Henry is annoying me. Murley, Draper and Harrison all reminding us that they were good selections. Have to remember they were later so won't be at the same standard as Daicos given he was the de facto first pick. I'm not concerned by them having slow games from time to time.

Half time Pies 8.4.52 Dons 7.3.45

Don’s just worked harder that qtr and they’ve shut down a few of the Pies prime movers. It’s a real slug-feat in the middle with no notable stand outs for the Pies.

Neville J with 14 and leading the way for Coll. Tyler been on with 13 but unfortunately still lacks that polish which would see him transition to a legitimate AFL player.

3 apiece for Bianco and Fowler, with Fowler certainly the better game of the 2.

Henry, really unsighted- not sure what his role is today. Seems to be stuck in no-man’s land with the majority of the game being played in the midfield and he’s positioned as a low half forward not impacting the play at all.

Murley was everywhere in the first but they clamped down on his run at half back and it was noticeable to our fwd drive.

HH and Chugg started ok as well, but both had quieter 2nd qtrs.

Time for some moves or a shifting of tactics - too many times over recent years we have mulishly refused to change tactics or bring players on/take them off.

It's one thing to have faith in your players but another thing altogether to give the opposition momentum to hurt you because of your reluctance to adapt.

Time for some moves or a shifting of tactics - too many times over recent years we have mulishly refused to change tactics or bring players on/take them off.

It's one thing to have faith in your players but another thing altogether to give the opposition momentum to hurt you because of your reluctance to adapt.

Agree with this. They countered our first qtr with some tactics that worked well. Time to get the game back on our terms..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bianco on the wing works……….he should never play forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back