VFL 2022 VFL R5 v Essendon (Mon 25-Apr 1.05pm @ Windy Hill) [Stream: AFL app & https://www.afl.com.au/vfl/matches/4198]

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the whole game……….you’re wrong

I watched the whole game to and I may well be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time, won’t be the last, but I thought they rotated the center bounce starting wings heavily throughout.

I watched the whole game to and I may well be wrong, wouldn’t be the first time, won’t be the last, but I thought they rotated the center bounce starting wings heavily throughout.
He didn’t play forward at all mate.

View attachment 1383492

Good game, thought T Brown one of our best. Essendon got more than an couple of goals when he was off.

Like Harrison and Fowler too. Jetta is such an asset on field.

Small crowd understandably , surprised no paying to get in.

Hird was there watching his son who I think will be a good player for them.
19 from Harvey Harrison was good, too. Wish Jetta could get to the list.

T Brown and McRae just need to stay in the VFL this season and rack up the possessions. They can gain so much confidence in their game, Tyler has something but is played out of position in the AFL. Good game but still no KPF goals kicked by mid sized players. With Freddy out maybe mid season draft look at a key forward. Not a ruck forward an actual key forward.

3qtr time Pies 14.8.92 Dons 8.8. 56

Much better run and a real sense of physicality from the Pies.

TBrown very good, very tough and wins nearly every contest he’s involved with. It’s just his outside game which needs development. He could really be a good player for Collingwood!

A good day a nice effort from everyone that qtr. Oliver with 2 but needs to have more impact in the game a whole.

Back-line has been strong with no real standouts from our KPD

Real team effort thus far…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I still believe in Tyler Brown. I think he will make it.

The centre clearance mids were predominantly T. Brown, Macrae, Chugg and Hustwaite. Chugg started defensive side, Tyler sat under the ruck and Macrae was offensive side.

The centre clearance mids were predominantly T. Brown, Macrae, Chugg and Hustwaite. Chugg started defensive side, Tyler sat under the ruck and Macrae was offensive side.

Yeah, when I said “centre bounce starting wings” I was talking about the who lined up on the wing for a centre bounce, not the centre square players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Tyler looked an absolute class
above in the middle.
Was big, strong and clean.
Didn’t see the last qtr, but from what I saw it’s exactly what we want from him.
But again, been here before!! So
Let’s see him break 25 next week before we get excited!!
We haven't really been here before with Tyler. This is the first year that he's played well in the VFL. He's putting together a good block of games.

We haven't really been here before with Tyler. This is the first year that he's played well in the VFL. He's putting together a good block of games.
He’s had the odd good game and the odd game where he just looks a class above when he gets the ball.

So in that sense, we have….

It‘s time he got a block in the seniors. 3-4 games. But like his brother he’s suited to inside mid, and I’m happy for him to rotate through there and then to a flank.

He’s had the odd good game and the odd game where he just looks a class above when he gets the ball.

So in that sense, we have….
They've been 15 possessions games where he's looked like he's got something. He's now staying involved and getting good numbers.

T Brown and McRae just need to stay in the VFL this season and rack up the possessions. They can gain so much confidence in their game, Tyler has something but is played out of position in the AFL. Good game but still no KPF goals kicked by mid sized players. With Freddy out maybe mid season draft look at a key forward. Not a ruck forward an actual key forward.
100% agree on Tyler, he is too slight for AFL given his height. These kids have had a horrid run developmentally with COVID and some of them injuries. I would play him the full year in the VFL.

Macrae I would play on a wing and get him to just run form goal square to goal square all game. He needs to some fitness. Plays like stavros the fish and chip shop owner.

100% agree on Tyler, he is too slight for AFL given his height. These kids have had a horrid run developmentally with COVID and some of them injuries. I would play him the full year in the VFL.

Macrae I would play on a wing and get him to just run form goal square to goal square all game. He needs to some fitness. Plays like stavros the fish and chip shop owner.
Tyler Brown was always a 4 year project before he would bare fruit. He still has lots of upside and will be great if he can become a 25 possession inside midfield in the ones. I love Harvey Harrison reminds me of Tim Watson when he was a player not a weather man.

Who are we taking out the midfield and replacing with T Brown? He's an inside mid who is never going to get the opportunity to play that role in the seniors, so what's the point of playing him in the middle in the VFL when and if he plays AFL he's stuck on a wing? They should put him on the wing in the VFL for 4 weeks and see how he goes

Who are we taking out the midfield and replacing with T Brown? He's an inside mid who is never going to get the opportunity to play that role in the seniors, so what's the point of playing him in the middle in the VFL when and if he plays AFL he's stuck on a wing? They should put him on the wing in the VFL for 4 weeks and see how he goes

Lipinski to the wing, Sidebottom to the magoos. I'd do that in a heart beat if there was a viable option. I think with Tyler we need to see the VFL performance consistently. This is the first time in his career from juniors to now he's been a 20+ disposal midfielder. I think let him consolidate and get confidence before promoting him.

Last edited:
Lipinski to the wing, Sidebottom to the magoos. I'd do that in a heart beat if there was a viable option. I think with Tyler we need to see the VFL performance consistently. This is the first time in his career from juniors to know he's been a 20+ disposal midfielder. I think let him consolidate and get confidence before promoting him.
I agree but can you realisticly see Tyler as our gun inside clearance bull in the future? Give him a month on the wing in the VFL and then see what he's got.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back