2023/24 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

They absolutely do, those clubs deserve auto promotion.

I think it's increasingly rare to have two clubs that dominate the way that Notts County and Wrexham did.

NC finished second on 107 points, Barnet finished 21 points behind that this season. In fact there's only a handful of other teams that hit 100 points or more, all were easily 1st place by some distance.

Yeah possibly, although by nature of the fact two teams are dropping out of League Two, chances are there's two teams with decent resources looking to bounce back, plus any team naturally improving in the Conference. I know that never ends if you increase it to three you have three coming down and so on, but one auto just feels very limited.

Yeah possibly, although by nature of the fact two teams are dropping out of League Two, chances are there's two teams with decent resources looking to bounce back, plus any team naturally improving in the Conference. I know that never ends if you increase it to three you have three coming down and so on, but one auto just feels very limited.
That goes back to my original point though, that feels right to me. It should be harder to get into the football league. Actually makes it feel like there's a difference between the football league and the national league.

Must have me on ignore if he's missed my explanations. It's why I find the ignore function such a weak way out because you miss a lot of context in discussions just because someone made you upset once.

I haven't got you on ignore.

That goes back to my original point though, that feels right to me. It should be harder to get into the football league. Actually makes it feel like there's a difference between the football league and the national league.

You seem to be going on feels. You haven't actually explained why it should be harder to get into the football league than other promotions in the pyramid. Especially when we are talking about two nationwide leagues, both with professional clubs and there's the usual overlap between good teams vying for promotion and those struggling in the higher division.

Recently promoted clubs such as Stockport and Wrexham have gone on to be promoted out of League Two within a season or two. Notts County were comfortably mid-table this season but were very close to missing out on promotion despite finishing 23 points clear of 3rd place. It would have been an injustice for them to miss out.

That the two leagues are administered by different bodies is neither here nor there. On that basis it should be harder for Championship teams to get into the Premier League.

Good article here of why Leicester are blatant cheats and they will breach this season again and probably by even greater amount than last season.

View attachment 1975503

Nice summary of what I was saying in the FFP thread Jatz, specifically the "almost impossible to comply with EFL restrictions" which is why they were imposing a business plan.

Seems to me like the EFL are trying to make us rules as they go along.

Not really, they've imposed business plans on clubs as far back as COVID. We still operate under a business plan as do a number of clubs. Weird that the league might want to actually proactively ensure clubs follow the rules rather than reactively punish after the horse has bolted.

You seem to be going on feels. You haven't actually explained why it should be harder to get into the football league than other promotions in the pyramid. Especially when we are talking about two nationwide leagues, both with professional clubs and there's the usual overlap between good teams vying for promotion and those struggling in the higher division.

Recently promoted clubs such as Stockport and Wrexham have gone on to be promoted out of League Two within a season or two. Notts County were comfortably mid-table this season but were very close to missing out on promotion despite finishing 23 points clear of 3rd place. It would have been an injustice for them to miss out.

That the two leagues are administered by different bodies is neither here nor there. On that basis it should be harder for Championship teams to get into the Premier League.

It's harder for clubs to go from the Championship to the Premier League than League Two to League One.

Good article here of why Leicester are blatant cheats and they will breach this season again and probably by even greater amount than last season.

View attachment 1975503
Lucky for the EFL that we’re not going to be under their thumb for a second season then, isn’t it.

It’s gross they think they have the right to dictate that. As I was saying, punish the clubs once the breach occurs. Don’t step in before that.

Not really, they've imposed business plans on clubs as far back as COVID. We still operate under a business plan as do a number of clubs. Weird that the league might want to actually proactively ensure clubs follow the rules rather than reactively punish after the horse has bolted.
If its important they should make it part of the rules.

By their success rate in the courts it seems that it isn't part of the rules. So while Hull and others may work under a business plan, I would guess that the EFL have no right to demand it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If its important they should make it part of the rules.

By their success rate in the courts it seems that it isn't part of the rules. So while Hull and others may work under a business plan, I would guess that the EFL have no right to demand it.

It is part of the EFL's rules. As I said, it's how they've operated for the last 4 years. We were under an embargo as have a number of other clubs at various points, and those were all perfectly valid.

It is part of the EFL's rules. As I said, it's how they've operated for the last 4 years. We were under an embargo as have a number of other clubs at various points, and those were all perfectly valid.
So why did the courts tell them to heck off?

Maybe clubs have entered into embargoes willingly.

So why did the courts tell them to * off?

Maybe clubs have entered into embargoes willingly.

I'd have to read the court transcript to understand the decision and what facts were presented. Are you able to summarise for me?

Yeah we loved not being able to buy players for a summer. Lol wtf.

Lucky for the EFL that we’re not going to be under their thumb for a second season then, isn’t it.

It’s gross they think they have the right to dictate that. As I was saying, punish the clubs once the breach occurs. Don’t step in before that.
Everyone knows the breach is going to be bigger than season before, EFL rightly on the front foot because they know some clubs taking unfair advantage going into their league

Everyone knows the breach is going to be bigger than season before, EFL rightly on the front foot because they know some clubs taking unfair advantage going into their league

It's incredible some think they should be allowed to cheat and be promoted where they can end up just paying a bit of loose change to settle a charge and in the meantime get away with blatant cheating and deny other clubs a fair shake at promotion.

I'd have to read the court transcript to understand the decision and what facts were presented. Are you able to summarise for me?

No

Yeah we loved not being able to buy players for a summer. Lol wtf.

Perhaps you should have said no.

View attachment 1975503

Leicester have avoided a points deduction this season on a technicality. They clearly broke Premier League rules but the EFL doesn't have the power to apply the sanction.

It's a loophole that needs to be closed. Points deductions should be applied in the same season that they are adjudicated on. A 10 or 12 point penalty on Leicester would have dramatically changed the Championship promotion race.

Sorry, how does everyone know that? You've seen the books for this season have you?

What if KDH gets sold for 30m before these books close?

Like the EFL, you're only guessing.

Sorry, how does everyone know that? You've seen the books for this season have you?

What if KDH gets sold for 30m before these books close?

Like the EFL, you're only guessing.

What if indeed. As that's exactly what they're trying to encourage you to do in order to comply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back