2023/24 Championship, Lower, Non-League & EFL Trophy - On beIN Sports and iFollow

Remove this Banner Ad

Good article here of why Leicester are blatant cheats and they will breach this season again and probably by even greater amount than last season.

View attachment 1975503
Pretty annoying that Leicester are promoted even though they broke the rules. And Everton & Forest will stay up when they’ve broken the rules. Doesn’t really seem like there is any deterrent to go beyond the FFP.

Pretty annoying that Leicester are promoted even though they broke the rules. And Everton & Forest will stay up when they’ve broken the rules. Doesn’t really seem like there is any deterrent to go beyond the FFP.

Agree, that's why proactive control around these clubs is needed to actually prevent them from cheating, rather than just deal with the consequences.

We'll start next season on -10 or whatever. There's a deterrent, perhaps not strong enough.

Who knows, maybe we start on -20.

We'll start next season on -10 or whatever. There's a deterrent, perhaps not strong enough.

Who knows, maybe we start on -20.

I think you'll start on -3 or -5 or something like that. Where are you getting -10 from?

The difference is that Everton and Forest have been punished in the same season that they were found guilty of the offences. Forest might still be relegated.

Leicester were found to have broken the rules but will not be punished this season. They will play Premier League next season with all the benefits that come with it - such as increased attendances, global visibility, ability to attract players.

What did Everton cop? Collectively.

I don't know what our breaches are like in comparison.

Well Everton's punishment was for multiple seasons for a start. But even then collectively they've copped something like 8 points. So for a single season of breaches I woudn't have thought you'd be copping more than 5-6.

The difference is that Everton and Forest have been punished in the same season that they were found guilty of the offences. Forest might still be relegated.

Leicester were found to have broken the rules but will not be punished this season. They will play Premier League next season with all the benefits that come with it - such as increased attendances, global visibility, ability to attract players.
That's not entirely true.

Everton were found to have breached the season we were relegated. That's why there was all the grandstanding with going to court etc.

Well who knows. We may need to cop it from both the PL and EFL.

How are you going to cop it from the EFL after promotion? If need be you'll do what you did last time, pay them a pittance to go away and ignore them. You can see why some think the league should be more proactive rather than just take a couple of million after the fact.

How are you going to cop it from the EFL after promotion? If need be you'll do what you did last time, pay them a pittance to go away and ignore them. You can see why some think the league should be more proactive rather than just take a couple of million after the fact.
Idk, if we get relegated again I'm sure they'd like to give us a whack.

I can see why you want that, it's still wrong though. I'll die on that hill.

Idk, if we get relegated again I'm sure they'd like to give us a whack.

I can see why you want that, it's still wrong though. I'll die on that hill.

Which is why I'm sure you'll settle with them while you're still in the PL, just like you did last time.

Why is it wrong? It's not even actually punishing you.. it's just saying you need to sell before you can buy. No different to a dozen other clubs who have had transfer embargoes imposed.

Which is why I'm sure you'll settle with them while you're still in the PL, just like you did last time.

Why is it wrong? It's not even actually punishing you.. it's just saying you need to sell before you can buy. No different to a dozen other clubs who have had transfer embargoes imposed.
It's been entirely irrelevant in our case, due to promotion. It's only saying that after the initial transfer window has already closed and in time for a transfer window where we won't even sit under their remit. It's an entirely pointless warning for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been entirely irrelevant in our case, due to promotion. It's only saying that after the initial transfer window has already closed and in time for a transfer window where we won't even sit under their remit. It's an entirely pointless warning for us.

It was said after you released your accounts for last season. The timing was purely down to that. It's not entirely pointless because it was done in case you didn't go up. If they'd waited until the end of the season you'd have been even more upset at the lack of warning.

That's not entirely true.

Everton were found to have breached the season we were relegated. That's why there was all the grandstanding with going to court etc.

It's impractical to go back in time and punish clubs into the seasons when the rules were broken. How far do you go back to reverse promotions and relegations?

The most practical process is to punish clubs in the season they were found guilty of an offense. Leicester have gained advantage from that through a legal loophole.

It was said after you released your accounts for last season. The timing was purely down to that. It's not entirely pointless because it was done in case you didn't go up. If they'd waited until the end of the season you'd have been even more upset at the lack of warning.
But we did go up. Hence, pointless.

They could've waited until the end of the season and the end result would be the same. It wouldn't have been applied to us as we were no longer in that league.

It's impractical to go back in time and punish clubs into the seasons when the rules were broken. How far do you go back to reverse promotions and relegations?

The most practical process is to punish clubs in the season they were found guilty of an offense. Leicester have gained advantage from that through a legal loophole.
This is literally the crux of the matter. You cannot be found guilty of an offense during that season. The financial year doesn't finish until after the season occurs.

A club simply cannot be punished until the numbers are finalised. And despite all the bravado of the EFL this season, that's proven to be correct.

But we did go up. Hence, pointless.

They could've waited until the end of the season and the end result would be the same. It wouldn't have been applied to us as we were no longer in that league.

My point was very clearly about what would have happened if you hadn't gone up. They had to apply the penalty when they did in case that happened.

This is literally the crux of the matter. You cannot be found guilty of an offense during that season. The financial year doesn't finish until after the season occurs.

A club simply cannot be punished until the numbers are finalised. And despite all the bravado of the EFL this season, that's proven to be correct.

Maybe the Swans should have used this argument when the AFL said we couldn't participate in trades until we got rid of COLA from all our contracts, even though we were guilty of nothing..

Great first promotion play off leg by Bolton. Winning 3-1 away. Must keep the momentum and pressure on for the return leg at our place on Tuesday.
Wembley within sight… but not there yet. 🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Back