AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Carringbush v Brisbane 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Markov wearing a Blues jumper with his premiership medal to their Mad Monday celebrations as an "up yours" to us for not selecting him. What a campaigner.

Hilarious that they are still thinking of us when they just won the flag.

Can't wait to play them next year.
still rent free.....

Apparently Markov wearing a Blues jumper with his premiership medal to their Mad Monday celebrations as an "up yours" to us for not selecting him. What a campaigner.

Surely not?
We didn't 'not select him' either, he did a couple of months with the Filth, did one session with us and then signed with the Filth immediately after.

Coaches' Votes (x1.5)

15 - Bobby Hill (COLL)
10.5 - Keidean Coleman (BL)
6 - Nick Daicos (COLL)
6 - Jack Crisp (COLL)
3 - Tom Mitchell (COLL)
3 - Scott Pendlebury (COLL)
1.5 - Joe Daniher (BL)

Haha I think it was just him being cheeky, he's a pretty funny bloke. He said "we will never know what could have been" or something like that, it's pretty funny even if it is at our expense unfortunately

Winners are grinners. But considering we gave this muppet a chance to train with us after Collingwood signed someone else to the last list spot.

Pretty poor form to take a dig at Carlton imo. Plus they won the flag, why are they still talking about Carlton. Did they beat us in the GF?

Considering if not for a Charlie Dean LTI spot post being overlooked by the Pies and previously being delisted by the GCS's.

Always important to stay humble.

Winners are grinners. But considering we gave this muppet a chance to train with us after Collingwood signed someone else to the last list spot.

Pretty poor form to take a dig at Carlton imo. Plus they won the flag, why are they still talking about Carlton. Did they beat us in the GF?

Considering if not for a Charlie Dean LTI spot post being overlooked by the Pies and previously being delisted by the GCS's.

He's a flog. Can't wait for Jack Martin to line him up (legally ;)) next season.

I hope he brought the jumper from the official club shop so the money goes to the club.

anyone thinking the pies will fall off the earth in the next few years is being a little overly hopeful - they have the same opportunities to bring in new talent as the rest of us - sure their draft picks may be shallow but that will made up for by now being the ultimate destination club...............

little overly - foxymoron?

Sidebottom/Pendles/Howe/Crisp/Mitchell/Elliott all over 30.
Average players at best like Cox/Markov/Frampton who have thrived with quality around them.

They will be like a geelong once you take the heart and soul (Pendles) out.

VERY confident they start to slide next year.Extremely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s surely taking the P1S5 - he cut us we didn’t cut him.

He went running back to Collingwood after they called him back after cutting him.

umpiring - it's as hilariously pointless as whingeing about the weather..........at least when we do that we don't expect it to change.....

Winners are grinners. We would've loved it if the roles were reversed

anyone thinking the pies will fall off the earth in the next few years is being a little overly hopeful - they have the same opportunities to bring in new talent as the rest of us - sure their draft picks may be shallow but that will made up for by now being the ultimate destination club...............

little overly - foxymoron?

It seems far too many people need to put other people or organisations down, in order to feel better about themselves or their club.

All of last year the talk here was, they’re just lucky, they can’t keep winning, wait until finals and then it changed to, wait until they get the harder draw next year and now after they won the GF its, they will fall of the cliff, they are old.

This is the team that has made the GF every 3.5 years for the last 21 years and about a dozen prelims.

Classy. Fits in down there perfectly.

Last edited:
It seems far too many people need to put other people or organisations down, in order to feel better about themselves or their club.

All of last year the talk here was, they’re just lucky, they can’t keep winning, wait until finals and then it changed to, wait until they get the harder draw next year and now after they won the GF its, they will fall of the cliff, they are old.

This is the team that has made the GF every 3.5 years for the last 21 years and about a dozen prelims.
lol I care very little about tribalism but anyone can look at the list profile and see there is a gaping hole there

I’m not taking away from their Premiership, or the season they’ve put together. They have been nothing short of incredible, however - their list is a lot worse than the Tigers was when they fell away, even worse than the Eagles. Neither of those teams were on the hook for $1.6m over four for a player not on their list either.

It’s just banter, it isn’t that deep. They aren’t going to be in the bin next year, but they will be in the next three if they don’t fortify the bottom end of their list.

lol I care very little about tribalism but anyone can look at the list profile and see there is a gaping hole there

I’m not taking away from their Premiership, or the season they’ve put together. They have been nothing short of incredible, however - their list is a lot worse than the Tigers was when they fell away, even worse than the Eagles. Neither of those teams were on the hook for $1.6m over four for a player not on their list either.

It’s just banter, it isn’t that deep. They aren’t going to be in the bin next year, but they will be in the next three if they don’t fortify the bottom end of their list.

As we have learnt, players want to go play at clubs who are at the top, who are big, have a strong history, play big matches and all that stuff, the Pies tick all these boxes, they will attract players very easily the next few years to combat any drop off when they lose certain players.

I know Pendlebury and Sidebottom are old and Mitchell isn’t young, but I didn’t think Collingwood relied on these guys too much anymore and i know those guys did have a good GF.

The Pies just like Geelong have shown that once you have a strong club and strong list, rebuilding and rebounding can happen a lot quicker and i really really hope that we can have a very long period of success like those two teams have enjoyed.

As we have learnt, players want to go play at clubs who are at the top, who are big, have a strong history, play big matches and all that stuff, the Pies tick all these boxes, they will attract players very easily the next few years to combat any drop off when they lose certain players.

I know Pendlebury and Sidebottom are old and Mitchell isn’t young, but I didn’t think Collingwood relied on these guys too much anymore and i know those guys did have a good GF.

The Pies just like Geelong have shown that once you have a strong club and strong list, rebuilding and rebounding can happen a lot quicker and i really really hope that we can have a very long period of success like those two teams have enjoyed.
I don’t disagree with your logic regarding the Pies and Geelong, however Geelong have something nobody else can offer in Victoria. The Pies don’t.

However, I am absolutely envious of what they’ve been able to do over the course of my lifetime. Having been burnt financially based on past performance, I know that it is not a solid predictor when looking forward. Especially with all the luck associated with the draft, F/S, academies and other assorted draft concessions.

In any case I find myself appreciative for the spectacle we saw on Saturday.

I doubt the average supporter could name the bottom 6 of every top 4 side. 😂
frampton frampton frampton frampton frampton frampton frampton frampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back