Autopsy 2023 Elimination Final Blues hold on in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination Final vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Martin. A typical lowish stat, big impact game in a Big game.

If he doesn't kick that last set shot goal, maybe we don't win.
If he doesn't hit that last left hand bullet handpass for our last goal, maybe we don't win.
If he doesn't take those big defensive marks near the end, maybe we don't win.

I think he gets a bit bored in some reg games during years. But always rapt to have him run out in Big games.

Just got home - still trying to work out how we held on - we kept dumping kicks out of the backline / and they kept getting it back in.

Our turnovers kept them in it - must of kicked 4 goals from our mistakes.

Still we found a way.

Ill watch the replay now :p
I think i50 count was 56-46 to us… they were very efficient going inside 50 which made it look and feel worse

McKay a big loss when added to Martin...Curnow will get double teamed all night vs Melbourne.

While the 2 missed goals were shocking, McKay was really good outside of those...directly set up our first 2 goals and took some useful relieving marks to help us move the ball up the field.
Carlton can not win a premiership missing what Mckay misses

All this s*t talking about Big H can ****** stop. He will be sorely missed down the lines next week. More importantly he is a fellow human who looked devastated with his two missed goals. At least he is out there having a crack while while we are sitting back in the safety of our homes watching on.

Safety? - my couch almost swallowed me whole! 😂

Go Big Brother GIF by Big Brother Australia

Why would you even bother posting here?
He's that special kind of loser that feels saying you're not going to win next week is a win for him. Normal people take their medicine, his kind don't understand when that's required. His post really shouldn't have been deleted as it's a good lesson holding your head somewhat higher than your ankles.

Also, does a ban really matter when you've got no footy for 6 months?

Harry would have helped against Melbourne with their strong unaccountable interceptmarking.

I am no fan and i reckon he would have cost us the game but structurally, it will be a big out

Marchbank was fantastic and * can he stick a tackle
I thought he still looked slightly off and dropped some easy marks got out positioned a lot but battled on - he and guv need to find another gear connection wise -swans inside 50 conversion the third qaurter was insane ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry would have helped against Melbourne with their strong unaccountable interceptmarking.

I am no fan and i reckon he would have cost us the game but structurally, it will be a big out
We beat them without him though, also without Walsh/Cerra/McGovern. This time they'll be missing a few important players.

I’m not sure I’d agree completely. But yes that miss was extremely deflating. The poster from 2m wasn’t any more positive either.
He’s still very important though, I think he is a big loss.
I'm with you. Harry is a very important part of the team and would be one of the first selected every time he's available. He missed a couple of shots at goal tonight but was instrumental in setting up others including the first two of the match.

He also did a power of work running up the ground. In fact, in that chain of possessions before he took the mark in front of goal, he was the one who started it on the wing. I'm betting that Charlie is happier with him in the team than not, takes a bit of opposition attention away from him.

Carlton can not win a premiership missing what Mckay misses
It's like he comes out of the cinema and states in a profound voice "I don't believe he was Luke's father".

I'm with you. Harry is a very important part of the team and would be one of the first selected every time he's available. He missed a couple of shots at goal tonight but was instrumental in setting up others including the first two of the match.

He also did a power of work running up the ground. In fact, in that chain of possessions before he took the mark in front of goal, he was the one who started it on the wing. I'm betting that Charlie is happier with him in the team than not, takes a bit of opposition attention away from him.
They smashed us in contested marks around the ground, admittedly while he was on the ground or not, but he is a vary good contested mark for us

Back