Autopsy 2023 Elimination Final Blues hold on in a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in the Elimination Final vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don’t see it. Looks weak in the contest when he eventually gets there, can’t hold a grab, and can’t goal from 5 meters or 15 meters, knocking the wind out of our sails. He’s simply in a bad rut and out of form, but we’re better served with an extra pressure player at this point in time.
3 contested marks, 2 assists, 7 score involvements.

If he nailed those 2 shots, he probably would have been BOG at the time he got injured.

If he nailed those 2 shots, he probably would have been BOG at the time he got injured.
I don't think some people actually have much awareness of what goes on in games even when watching. We all want him to kick the goal when the opportunity presents itself but he shouldn't solely be judged on goalkicking, he does much more than that. He absolutely got us going in that first quarter and worked hard right throughout the game.

Yeah, we had brain fades. Yeah H was awful. Yeah Curnow was well held.

But fudge me, if you were at that game and you walk away with a negative thought in your head, then footy is not the sport for you.

That was one of my best experiences going to the footy and I’m 49. For my 13 year old it was transcendent.

They won a final having looked gone for all money three months ago. So proud of these boys.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spot on.

92k against an interstate team... really felt like 80k+ of that were Carlton supporters...

Been to games with big crowds.. even bigger than tonight... but not sure I've ever been to a game with around 80k Carlton supporters... it was absolutely electric.

Nephew was beaming all night. Our voices are shot lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But he didn't. The opposite happened and had a huge negative effect on the rest of the team... it completely deflated us. If you want to play hypotheticals, what if Sydney kicked straighter and won by a touch under two goals? Everyone would be looking at those misses from practically in front.

We can point to assists/involvements all we like, but in the crunch when he's got the easiest shots on goal and fluffs them, that poor kicking on goal undoes some of that. Whether we like it or not, he has to nail goals like that because we won't be as lucky against a team like Brisbane if we manage to get that far.

Happy to be proven wrong, but his confidence was shot after that point and likely would've missed more shots. It happened mid-year and it happened again in an EF. In a final you really can't afford that kind of brain-fade.

So home watching replay after a decent trip home

Cotters was massive, Acres, Cerra, Walsh, Wieters and Saad all very good.

Newman, Gov, Kemp all did well at times but all gave away soft goals tonight

Special mention to Marchy who worked his way into the game and was very solid down back

Still think we lacked some real zip and dash with our larger line up

I knew we would win…I just didn’t think it would end up with a 6 point result

Love to all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The positive is what you see behind nipping at his heals try decoding the gurus podacsst. They unveil the bullshit that is so appealing to you

Big Pitto massive tonight, especially that last quarter. Ruckmen with physical presence are worth their (considerable) weight in gold in finals.

Can’t wait to see Fogarty, Cuningham and Marchbank all being announced as having signed on the dotted line. All vital in their own way and it would be bloody fitting to see the three of them announced together after appearing gone for all money about 12 weeks ago.

2 goals are worth their weight in gold in finals. But when you miss 2 absolute sitters, you don’t get credit. Alas, he’s out next week so we’ll need to replace him.

I don't think some people actually have much awareness of what goes on in games even when watching. We all want him to kick the goal when the opportunity presents itself but he shouldn't solely be judged on goalkicking, he does much more than that. He absolutely got us going in that first quarter and worked hard right throughout the game.
I think you're letting him off way too lightly. It's not like this is a random occurrence, and it wasn't like it was a difficult angle 50m out.

You are severely underrating the psychological and flow-on effect such a thing has for the rest of the team. Absolutely no coincidence at all that the tide turned the moment he missed that shot.

So the question is: do we trust him that he'll get it right or will it cost us a finals game in the future? To brush it off as some kind of non-concern is, well, to put it in a word: concerning.

Back